House Price Crash Forum

Oh Dear Kirsty

HOLA441

I saw this story on another site. Hilarious :lol:

Property prices plummit by an average £4000 in one month

Source: UK Construction.com - 19 August 2004

Despite Kirsty Allsop of London Tonight and Location Location Location claiming that "There isn't going to be a market crash", estate agency Rightmove.co.uk report some properties loosing up to 8% in their value in one month, this being around £60,000 wiped off the price of the property.

Rightmove's House Price index is compiled from the asking prices of properties coming onto the UK Market, they have 5,700 estate agents, the data they produce is factual data of actual house prices rather than a survey.

Only last month a respected economic forecasting group has warned The National Institute for Economic and Social Research "House prices are currently around 30 percent above their equilibrium level (and) it is possible that they might fall rapidly, as they did after the last two house price bubbles, rather than moderately as is our baseline forecast,".

Many home owners could find themselves with negative equity if a 30% drop in house prices were to occur.

Watch this space for more information

HOLA442

I agree. Perfect timing as well. I was really miffed by Kirsty's comments and this just shows how wrong she was to essentially state that a fall would not happen.

I feel particularly sorry for say someone in Wales who might have really stretched themselves to buy an average house (170k) only to watch it fall by £10k in one month. Heven only knows where it will be in 6.

Having said that I don't feel that sorry. No one feels sorry for us renters....we took the risk and reckon we're all gonna reap the rewards.

Its been brewing for around 3 months I reckon but I finally think the tide has turned.

With headlines like "Property Falls £13k in 5 weeks" do you think people are going to buy or sell?

Today is another great day!!

HOLA443
HOLA444
To be fair I don't think she said there wasn't going to be a crash. Did she say something like "of course it could all unravel..."

I think she thought people were trying to start panic. Which now you mention is would be a good idea.  :P

"To be fair I don't think she said there wasn't going to be a crash."

Her words, I quote;

"There isn't going to be a market crash."

"Did she say something like "of course it could all unravel...""

Nope - Alistair said that - he mentioned that rent prices are coming down and the house market could all unravel anyway (cheaper to rent than mortgage) - to which she replied that "of course it *could* but it's extremely unlikely" - citing low interest rates & high employment.

• 3 years later...
HOLA445
I agree. Perfect timing as well. I was really miffed by Kirsty's comments and this just shows how wrong she was to essentially state that a fall would not happen.

I feel particularly sorry for say someone in Wales who might have really stretched themselves to buy an average house (170k) only to watch it fall by £10k in one month. Heven only knows where it will be in 6.

Having said that I don't feel that sorry. No one feels sorry for us renters....we took the risk and reckon we're all gonna reap the rewards.

Its been brewing for around 3 months I reckon but I finally think the tide has turned.

With headlines like "Property Falls £13k in 5 weeks" do you think people are going to buy or sell?

Today is another great day!!

Do you still feel sorry for these people in Wales.

How is that tide looking, still pretty full at the moment I think.

Looking at old posts and threads like these from some of the older members makes me think they are not actually as clever they think they are, and they defininately have no re course to be smug or laugh in the face of an opinion that goes against what they ideally would like

HOLA446

Looking at old posts and threads like these from some of the older members makes me think they are not actually as clever they think they are, and they defininately have no re course to be smug or laugh in the face of an opinion that goes against what they ideally would like

LOL, pwned! :lol:

HOLA447
"To be fair I don't think she said there wasn't going to be a crash."

Her words, I quote;

"There isn't going to be a market crash."

"Did she say something like "of course it could all unravel...""

Nope - Alistair said that - he mentioned that rent prices are coming down and the house market could all unravel anyway (cheaper to rent than mortgage) - to which she replied that "of course it *could* but it's extremely unlikely" - citing low interest rates & high employment.

To be fair, i had not ever heard of krusty silly bolloxs until returned home to england 2 years ago. And i saw the writing on the wall long before.

She is a clueless bimbo whom should be given zero credibility, she has brainwashed so many it is shameful.

HOLA448

There is always exactly the same number of buyers as sellers - and vice versa!

All that changes is the price.

Edited by Mr Yogi

HOLA449
To be fair, i had not ever heard of krusty silly bolloxs until returned home to england 2 years ago. And i saw the writing on the wall long before.

She is a clueless bimbo whom should be given zero credibility, she has brainwashed so many it is shameful.

It is a worrying reflection on our society that so many people are brainwashed by presenters like this.

At least a HPC should get rid of these awfuk property shows off our telly for a while.

HOLA4410

The market can be irational for longer than you can stay solvent.

Its an old saying, but its equally true here old chap.

I called it in 2001/2 but I didnt have the knowledge to see the credit manipulation and the extent to which it was being used to prop up A the economy and B housing.

HOLA4411

How much trawling did you have to do to dig this old one up :lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

2004? Have you decided to read the whole of hpc.co.uk from the very beginning?