House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Hpi Aug '15 +2.7% Mom, +9% Yoy

HOLA441

As title:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/globalassets/documents/media/press-releases/halifax/2015/housepriceindexaugust2015.pdf

Commenting, Martin Ellis, Halifax housing economist, said: "House prices in the three months to August were 3.0% higher than in the previous quarter. This measure of the underlying rate of house price increased from last month’s 2.5% but remained below June’s 3.3%. “The underlying pace of house price growth is strong. The shortage of secondhand properties for sale on the market is resulting in upward pressure on house prices. At the same time, economic recovery, real earnings growth and very low mortgage rates are supporting housing demand. Strengthening demand and highly constrained supply are likely to mean that house price growth continues to be robust in the short-term.”

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Volumes are down.

We know that.

PCL probably crashing.

Global economy heading for Recession which could easily turn Depressionary. (Int rate hikes? Too funny.)

I said last year when everyone here was cheering (nothing) that until prices were below 2013 nothing had changed in HPs.

Still more patience required.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Volumes are down.

We know that.

PCL probably crashing.

Global economy heading for Recession which could easily turn Depressionary. (Int rate hikes? Too funny.)

I said last year when everyone here was cheering (nothing) that until prices were below 2013 nothing had changed in HPs.

Still more patience required.

The London funny money will destroy the housing market.

Prices up 10% in a ytear....wages not up in 10 years.

The time for patience is over...it's time to leave.

HOLA447

That is truly truly truly insane.

Just to kind of threw a positive spin:

TPTB could possibly have kept the plates spinning with kind of stable-but-insane prices, with perhaps a little upwards bias - but this type of inflation is very unhealthy and may foretell (or even precipitate) a crash coming.

HOLA448

We are now well above the previous nominal peak, and supply is hopelessly constrained. So all the BTL squealing and whining about the new tax changes have no excuse - no matter when you bought, there's never been a better time to Sell Now, Sell Everything.

Unless they spunked all the equity on more houses, of course, in which case they are still ******ed.

HOLA449

Just to kind of threw a positive spin:

TPTB could possibly have kept the plates spinning with kind of stable-but-insane prices, with perhaps a little upwards bias - but this type of inflation is very unhealthy and may foretell (or even precipitate) a crash coming.

There is that I suppose. Thje further they push it the better the collapse will be.

I can scarcly believe what I am watching though.

People must have very very very short memories.

HOLA4410

We are now well above the previous nominal peak, and supply is hopelessly constrained. So all the BTL squealing and whining about the new tax changes have no excuse - no matter when you bought, there's never been a better time to Sell Now, Sell Everything.

Unless they spunked all the equity on more houses, of course, in which case they are still ******ed.

I would hazard a guess that they are even more f**ked now than they were in 2007.

HOLA4411

Seems the Government's covert policy of unlimited immigration (a million more every three years) and the complicity of the building sector not to build any houses is providing the necessary props. Only UKIP dare speak the truth.

Stock is low because nobody can afford to move, certainly not up. Prices are high because of the above.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Seems the Government's covert policy of unlimited immigration (a million more every three years) and the complicity of the building sector not to build any houses is providing the necessary props. Only UKIP dare speak the truth.

Stock is low because nobody can afford to move, certainly not up. Prices are high because of the above.

Poor immigrants cant afford 500K flats.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

From what I can see they can't use the HTB price inflation scheme either, plus they have no UK credit history. I doubt the banks prefer them to British FTB or BTLers who won't leave the UK if they go bankrupt.

There is plenty of supply of credit in the UK housing market - that's what's keeping the ponzi going for now...

HOLA4418

Halifax long-term P/E ratio:

HalifaxPERatio0815.gif

They are going for the full blown collapse then.

Looking at the graph you have to consider 3 things:

1) Wages ( for the vast majority real workers ) have hardly risen since 2007.

2) 2007 interest rates versus 2015 interest rates

3) 2007 Cost of living versus 2015 cost of lving

I'd say despite the graph being below the 2008 peak,. things are much much worse.

HOLA4419

Nationwide says annual house price growth in August fell to 3.2%. The Land Reg has also reported a falling annual growth rate, now down to 4.6%. Halifax says annual growth is picking up and is now 9%. Hmmm. I expect a significant minus figure from Halifax for September.

What makes you think the state owned/funded bank is wrong ?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

A crash is usually most likely when most commentators are not expecting it (look at oil last year for instance, there was no one - and I mean no one - that was calling for oil to go from $100 to $50, yet it did)

Estimating the magnitude of a crash in advance is impossible

Estimating the duration of a crash in advance and, in particular, when it will start, is impossible

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Poor immigrants need to be housed somewhere.

Indeed if over a decade migrants took up the two million worst houses there would be a repricing effect on every subsequent tier( yes even £500,000) because it's a case of population against available units.

Indeed even if there are enough houses to go around, the crash would be more profound if we had Irish style empty stock. Migration helps to prevent empty stock and a crash not just on cheap property but a ripple that would extend up the price scale.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4424

Indeed - patience my ar$e. I'm nearly 43 and by the time I can afford something decent I won't be able to get a mortgage. I can buy mortgage free somewhere else (or a sh!tbox here - I refuse). Time to go.

I see no other option.

I've been waiting for the right time to move, I think that time is now.

HOLA4425

Is it still the case that the Halifax use the mean adult male income in their P/E calcs? P/E would be a lot higher with the (more realistic) overall median.

Yeah, but looking at 2007 versus 2015 I assume it's not changed.

I really am shocked at what the government has done.

Someone in Westmisnster has got to be up to their eyes in this s**t.

The parallels with the railway mania are there for everyone to see.

We will get a 2nd collapse. An extenbded bank holiday ( At least 1 wont open again ). Regulation of the banks and a few of the thieves made a scape goat.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere