House Price Crash Forum

National "offer 3X Your Salary" Day, 1St Of October....

HOLA441

I laughed when I read it. I don't see anywhere that the Count is expecting that vendors just say yes, fine, I'll drop the price so you can buy my house, you poor wee hard done by non home owning tenant. It's about raising awareness and making people laugh is a good way to do that, get the old thought process started. That said, there won't be many on here who haven't already been laughed at, directly or indirectly so that's hardly an issue either. It's def worthy of retweeting IMO :)

Well you are welcome to give it a try but I don't see how anything will be achieved by it. Everyone knows houses are expensive.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Well you are welcome to give it a try but I don't see how anything will be achieved by it. Everyone knows houses are expensive.

Well that's a gloriously nuanced position you're offering there. Are we positing expense as a concept understood in relative terms anchored to a key commodity, perhaps 4 oz of ground coffee in Balham and a can of Irn Bru in some other geographical markets?

What I propose now is a joke, and please don't take undue offence. Firstly, I apologise for guessing wrong as to why you needed to be a mortgaged owner-occupier in order to run your business. I'm now trying to guess what on Earth this mysterious niche business is, I'll quite understand if you're unwilling to disclose, as if it is sufficiently niche disclosure may identify you, but at the moment the only thing I can offer relates to hydroponics, though in point of fact I believe that is often a short-term enterprise conducted in rental properties.

It seems to me that you're offering a very standard flavour of bank realism. You accept the present structure of credit as inevitable. Did you not notice some odd events in 2008?

HOLA443

Take it as you will. I certainly don't have any buyers remorse. I feel that my life has improved dramatically since buying. It has allowed me to start a business that would not have been possible if I had not bought. That alone has made the decision a good one.

seriously, #### ###. this has got nothing to do with the thread.

sorry if that offends you so let me put it another way, #### right ###

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444
HOLA445

....and they will tell you "no" just as they did me today when I offered just under asking price for a new home.

I've been here a very long time (2003 I think). 12 years waiting to buy a house. I'm not bullish on property and I'm not bearish either.

I have had enough though - this whole debate has consumed YEARS and YEARS of my life and I'm almost certain if I sit it out till 50 (ten years away) I will be at point in my life where house prices will still be unaffordable and on top of that, Banks won't even lend me any money anyway.

I'm done sitting on the sidelines, I'm going for the best fixed rate I can get and my partner and I will throw as much spare capital as we can find each month to bring it down.

Please don't think I'm swiping here, but most of you have been here as long as I have and I'm pretty sure you'll be having these same old conversations in 10 years. Good luck.

Edit : Also, please understand, when the crash comes that we all so dearly want, it will be catastrophic this time, the least of your worries will be cheap houses.

Why now when the prices are so insane? You had the best chance in 2009. Take time. Prices will correct very soon. It may not be as much as we all hope but 20-30% will take away years off the slavery. If not, all the best.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Not taking on debt is the height of civil disobedience (no sarcasm). It's like going off-grid. You're unplugged. I have enough money to retire without taking on any debts. I am utterly useless to the UK government.

There was no sarcasm in my post(s) either - just to be clear.

Edited by billybong

HOLA448

What I propose now is a joke, and please don't take undue offence. Firstly, I apologise for guessing wrong as to why you needed to be a mortgaged owner-occupier in order to run your business. I'm now trying to guess what on Earth this mysterious niche business is, I'll quite understand if you're unwilling to disclose, as if it is sufficiently niche disclosure may identify you, but at the moment the only thing I can offer relates to hydroponics, though in point of fact I believe that is often a short-term enterprise conducted in rental properties.

Ha no nothing like that. It is hard to give you any real details as it would be easy to identify me if I did but lets just say I manufacture electronic devices.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

you don't need to own a home to start a bussiness FFS.

seriously off topic. are the estate agent spivs already scared people might actually start offering sensible prices rather than there economy destroying, life destroying, government supporting pig ignorant selfish stupid historically through the roof only possible because of insane interment, now interest rates and money printing stupidity asking prices?

now, I'll say it one more time, $$$$ right off you estate agent pointless spiv scum.

clear enough this time?

meanwhile, 1st of October, go offer 3 times your salary on a house your parents might have bought. when the estate agent laughs just say, well that's all I can afford, that's all they, the owners, probably paid for it.0 . then post the video on you tube for us all to have a laugh.

don't be embarrassed, the people who should be embarrassed are them trying to get you to pay ten times your income for some dried mud bricks, held together with some dried mud sitting on a tiny plot of, you guessed it, mud.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Of course not. My business would not work if I had to up sticks and move somewhere else every 6 months though.

So don't. I run my business from home. I know that my place is currently ideal (4 car garage for storage, 2 spare bedrooms for office / production etc. That is why I negotiated a 5 year lease. Anyone that starts off thinking 'I can't ... because ...' should not start their own business. There is a solution and if you are the right type you will find it.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

So don't. I run my business from home. I know that my place is currently ideal (4 car garage for storage, 2 spare bedrooms for office / production etc. That is why I negotiated a 5 year lease. Anyone that starts off thinking 'I can't ... because ...' should not start their own business. There is a solution and if you are the right type you will find it.

Well I suppose that is true if you are running a business that is basically an office type job. My business needs a workshop type space that needs to be modified for use with custom tools. A rented garage would not cut it. Renting would cost me nearly twice as much as my mortgage as well.

Edited by CyberNat

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I suppose that depends where you are. I will come clean. My place is about 6,000 square ft in Surrey. Value about 950,000. Rent is 3,000 pm. Half the rent is paid by the company and is tax deductible. I cannot rent or buy 3000 square ft of office space for £1500 pm, nor can I rent or buy 3000 square ft house for £1500 pm (my neighbour pays £2500 pm for a small 3 bed terrace). You make whatever choices work for you.

HOLA4418

I suppose that depends where you are. I will come clean. My place is about 6,000 square ft in Surrey. Value about 950,000. Rent is 3,000 pm. Half the rent is paid by the company and is tax deductible. I cannot rent or buy 3000 square ft of office space for £1500 pm, nor can I rent or buy 3000 square ft house for £1500 pm (my neighbour pays £2500 pm for a small 3 bed terrace). You make whatever choices work for you.

mods can you stop this nonsense. it's seriously off topic and they are trying to disrupt a serious thread.

estate agents or buy toileters running scared if you ask me.

either way, these nonsense posts should be deleted.

thanks.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

seriously off topic. are the estate agent spivs already scared people might actually start offering sensible prices rather than there economy destroying, life destroying, government supporting pig ignorant selfish stupid historically through the roof only possible because of insane interment, now interest rates and money printing stupidity asking prices?

now, I'll say it one more time, $$$$ right off you estate agent pointless spiv scum.

clear enough this time?

meanwhile, 1st of October, go offer 3 times your salary on a house your parents might have bought. when the estate agent laughs just say, well that's all I can afford, that's all they, the owners, probably paid for it.0 . then post the video on you tube for us all to have a laugh.

don't be embarrassed, the people who should be embarrassed are them trying to get you to pay ten times your income for some dried mud bricks, held together with some dried mud sitting on a tiny plot of, you guessed it, mud.

They're running scared so trying to infiltrate your campaign which has 10 Facebook likes?

HOLA4422

So someone starts a campaign to try and make others aware of how daft house prices are on a website called HousePriceCrash.co.uk, and it offends other members? To those offended / "bristling against" such an idea, perhaps it is a good idea to leave the forum - I don't think this place is for you. Try the Daily Mail comments section.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA4423

So someone starts a campaign to try and make others aware of how daft house prices are on a website called HousePriceCrash.co.uk, and it offends other members? To those offended / "bristling against" such an idea, perhaps it is a good idea to leave the forum - I don't think this place is for you. Try the Daily Mail comments section.

I agree with the sentiment of the campaign. I just don't think it has much of a chance of succeeding.

HOLA4424

well said.

HOLA4425