House Price Crash Forum

MrPin

HOLA441

I guess this means that it was only me and my brothers who had their teeth removed this way. Seems perfectly normal to me. I wanted to carry out this proven surgical operation on my daughter but for some reason I wasn't allowed to and couldn't fathom why my wife was vehemently against. Strange I thought.

I was encouraged to have a tooth removed that way when visiting my nana. I preferred to wait until it fell out naturally. She was a lovely nana and I only have fond memories of her. I've also been told by others that a loose tooth was removed by the door/string method and they all described it with good humour so I don't think you're alone.

About 8 years ago I knew someone who had severe toothache so he went to his shed with a bottle of whiskey and when the time felt right he pulled the tooth out with pliers. Not sure how prevalent this method of DIY tooth extraction is :o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I was encouraged to have a tooth removed that way when visiting my nana. I preferred to wait until it fell out naturally. She was a lovely nana and I only have fond memories of her. I've also been told by others that a loose tooth was removed by the door/string method and they all described it with good humour so I don't think you're alone.

I remember it as an exciting thing. A split second of sharp pain as opposed to a couple of extra days of discomfort (and definitely 10p that very night). My kids weren't keen so it's a tradition that ends at my generation I guess.

HOLA443

I kinda liked the feeling of a wobbly tooth, it used to slowly become looser and crunch as it lost attachment to the gum, very sharp underneath when felt with the tongue....not painful at all......bend it forward and backwards and it eventually broke lose....mum kept all our teeth in a small glass jar. ;)

HOLA444

I kinda liked the feeling of a wobbly tooth, it used to slowly become looser and crunch as it lost attachment to the gum, very sharp underneath when felt with the tongue....not painful at all......bend it forward and backwards and it eventually broke lose....mum kept all our teeth in a small glass jar. ;)

My mum keeps her teeth in a glass jar, but she keeps losing them.

HOLA445
Guest eight

My mother has my appendix in a jar somewhere.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest eight

Any other bits you left behind?

No. But for my appendix, and the tooth that was forcibly ejected by a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, I am intact.

HOLA449

No. But for my appendix, and the tooth that was forcibly ejected by a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, I am intact.

Have you been fighting at football matches again. I will tell your mum. :huh:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Well it's nice you keep your used body parts in jars, at yer mum's house. I'm just celebrating a lot of years knowing my dad, not perfect by any means , but quite the gent. Some people aren't so lucky, it would appear, and I do not know how much time we will have left. :blink:

Archived