House Price Crash Forum

Fed Lifts Rates Again!

HOLA441

I'm quite amazed they took the time to reply!

keep this guy's name - could be handy in the future ?

One thing that I have personally been suprised about is how these people do reply, and not just with a standard letter, when I write to them. It suggests to me that very few people question economic policy in this country.

Perhaps all this changes when we enter a recession and everybody is just too satified with the status quo. Alternately, perhaps this is the infamous appathy we hear so much about.

HOLA442

Indeed - And then a couple of months later hugely inflated council tax bill start landing on doormats & the possibility of more stealth tax increases from the Treasury come into play.

Just a point to add to this. What about the huge fuel bills that will be landing on the mats after winter. I think people do not have a clue the impact this might have. IMOH

Any views??

HOLA443

Just a point to add to this. What about the huge fuel bills that will be landing on the mats after winter. I think people do not have a clue the impact this might have. IMOH

Any views??

We got a letter from N-Power the other saying they were going to put up our fuel charge rates in the New Year, but they neglected to tell us by how much. <_<

Get the idea it is going to be huge?

HOLA444

Hi,

Interesting to see where BoE go after xmas. Over the past month we have seen ;

14/12/2005 - US raises rates .25%

08/12/2005 - New Zealand Raises Rates .25%

06/12/2005 - Canada raises rates .25%

01/12/2005 - European Union raises rates .25%

28/11/2005 - Israel raises rates .5%

??/??/2006 - Australia widley expected to raise after christmas

It doesn't mean a rise in UK rates is nailed on but alot of other countries are thinking the opposite and worrying about inflation alot more than BoE, even in US, Australia and NZ where house price falls have already been aired across the media. You have to think as well that the UK, like the US, is very dependent on foreign cash inflows to sustain it's trade defecits. And if the recent fall in the doctored headlined inflation rate benefited from a fall in oil prices, a fall in sterling will bring the inflation figure back upwards again on that basis. Less and less scope to cut rates for Gordon, plenty of incentives to raise them. First few months of next year could be very interesting to see what their next step is.

Boomer

HOLA445
HOLA446

Do bear in mind I sent that e-mail on 7th Nov, and only got a reply last week! I think the average joe couldn't answer! I did chase it a few times mind.

I was going to reply, but I don't really know what to say without being rude. I.e. No 'boom and bust' - well, we've had a boom! Economic stability, errr does debt mean anything?

I won't publish the chaps name here, it's probably a little unfair - but if you want it, PM me!

HOLA447
HOLA448