House Price Crash Forum

Straw Poll - General Election 2015

warpig

HOLA441

5am for me :)

It is the greatest result for the SNP, far greater than I could ever have imagined, but what are we going to do with it CyberNat? What does it give us, without being part of the Westminster decision process?

"After nearly 2 years of unionist lies, fear mongering, BBC and MSM bias, the Scottish people have finally thrown off the oppressive unionist shackles". Are you sure? Have these tactics changed since September? I don't see it.

What Scotland has done has sent the message that, yes we want to be part of the Union, but we overwhelmingly want Westminster to change. As Gordon Wilson said on the BEEB last night, "the SNP don't want another referendum, they want to WIN another referendum". I don't believe they 50% vote share the SNP had last night would translate into a referendum vote..... yet!

In September, I was constantly posting comments along the lines of "if not this time, then the next. Independence is inevitable". My opinion hasn't changed. There is NO WAY this result will precipitate another referendum, however I do agree that it is another nail in the coffin.

There is simply no way, regardless of the result of the next Holyrood elections, that Cameron will allow a second referendum. If you think Cameron will worry about how that looks, your mistaken in my opinion. We needed a change in # 10 to achieve that, and we haven't got it.

I'm not being sarky, but has Sturgeon confirmed Salmond will lead in Westminster? It's been a long night, and I'm also a bit zoned out!

Saor Alba yerself :D

Note to Mods, any chance of a smiley with a saltire painted on it?

I admit that pulling Milliband's strings would have been the better option. Think about this though, things have changed in Scotland. Before the Labour message of "vote Labour to keep the Tories out" would have worked. People have now rejected this message wholesale in Scotland. The people have spoken and they have said that the only party that can bring the promised powers to Scotland are the SNP. They are listening to the SNP message and have given up on the unionist one. The MSM and BBC propaganda no longer works. The Scottish people are clued up and know what they were promised in September and have demanded they be given it.
The Tories can ignore us if they want to but that would simply play into the SNP hands of a union that was no longer fit for purpose. We will get more powers. Once the Scottish people see that voting for the SNP gets them more power versus voting for unionist parties that gets them nothing, I think the SNP are going to dominate in Scotland like labour has for generations. Bit by bit as we get more powers, the Scottish people will see that Scotland is more than capable of looking after itself.
All roads lead to independence, it is just going to take a little longer going down this path. Remember we were only 6% away from Independence. A 6% swing was nothing last night!
(None of that probably made any sense as I am completely fried so I apologise!)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I liked this comment from a certain pro independence blog:

t42 says:
8 May, 2015 at 2:30 pm
A mass of labour voters are still brainwashed and don’t have an exit route. The challenge to free the rest of these trapped souls starts today.
I will enjoy the challenge over the coming months and years.

HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 9 months later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

No.

:)

Gordon Brown was almost this sites raison d'être ! Funny this thread popped up again because was thinking about Browns legacy recently...

Yes he did a lot right - but, especially as prime minister, he was a political disaster.

HOLA448