House Price Crash Forum
warpig

Straw Poll - General Election 2015

Already voted for UKIP by postal vote.

I hope TPTB get a surprise by the share of the voye UKIP get and stand up and take notice.

If not the British people are going to loose trust in the people claiming to run the country on our behalf.

The reason people don't vote is because of the first past the post system. In the 2005 General Election, 52% of the votes were considered wasted votes (losing candidates). People's votes really don't count, the majority are marginalised. What we need is political reformation and voting for either party in the existing 2 horse race, is perpetuating a false dichotomy. I'm voting UKIP for the following non-exhaustive reasons and in no particular order:

a) Leave and then renegotiate EU membership assuming a positive national referendum

b ) Oppose EU army

c) Support Trident

d) Retain 2% GDP budget for armed forces (conservatives will half the British Army over next 4 years)

e) Abolish tuition fees for STEMM (science, technology, engineering, medicine and mathematics) degrees

f) Take control of our borders and reform the immigration system

g) Leave the EU common fisheries policy

h) Increase prison capacity

i) Implement proportional voting

j) Reverse the opt-in to EU laws and justice measures

k) Remove wasteful Westminster departments

l) Encourage brownfield developments

m) More police, nurses and doctors

n) Scrap Barnett Formula

o) Support ex-servicemen

p) Invest £1.5B in mental health and dementia

q) Reduce overseas aid budget to a level currently paid by existing members

r) Various tax breaks

s) Abolish inheritance tax by 2020

Edited by warpig

SNP because they are the party testing the parameters of our so called "democracy" at the moment. A vote for the SNP is saying enough is enough of Westminster rule IMO. UKIP says a similar thing about Brussels, but a vote for them is wasted if you live in Scotland, hopefully they get Farage his seat and generally do well.

I know my vote will probably make no difference as I live in a conservative constituency. Yet I will make sure to come to my polling station tomorrow and vote UKIP.

I'll pick on the day.

Still can't decide between Green, UKIP and a random indie.

Either way I am hoping the stats will show a sub 60% share for ConLab even if the actual seats won't.

A vote for the SNP is an anti-Britain vote, not a good choice IMO.

A vote for Labour or Tory is the same.....look at their immigration policy, look at their pro-london policies, look at the establishment bum licking policies.

A vote for someone who stands for something is about as democratic as it gets.

It's not anti-british, it's pro-democracy

I'll pick on the day.

Still can't decide between Green, UKIP and a random indie.

Either way I am hoping the stats will show a sub 60% share for ConLab even if the actual seats won't.

Thats an interesting figure as it will mean the country is not being government for the majority of voters.

I personally hope the lib-dems end up with no seats,.

Britain is no more than a finacialized bankers plaything, a debt island to be milked, so that vote must definitely be the right one. I decided that voting UKIP in Scotland is a waste, and the SNP snowball is the only real challenge to the established order, and without any real say on how we are run from Brussels, upsetting how we are run from London is the next best bet. Democracy is people voting for the parties that represent them (or in my case are going to bring the popcorn moment forward quicker) not being told that outdated modes of belief in a mythical country take precedence over everything else. I don`t want the SNP to take an independent Scotland into the euro, but the chances of that happening before the EZ implodes are pretty remote IMO. Chaos on Friday however brings a HPC that bit closer, that and the fact that the establishment will have to listen if Scotland votes as polls are suggesting gets the SNP my vote this time.

Edited by dances with sheeple

Where's the 'None of the Above' and 'Spoil the Ballot' options?

I can't bring myself to vote for any of these ****ers.

I really think this option should be on the ballot papers.

As warpig says, the 'first past the post system' disproportionally misrepresents a lot of people. Current forecasts suggest a minority government that 65 - 70% didn't vote for.

There have been many previous instances and times when the 'Don't Knows' were the 'third largest party'.

There is so much wrong with our electoral system . . . starting with the fact that the candidates are chosen by parties with fewer members than the Women's Institute or The Royal Society for the Preservation of Birds. Even in Russia, it is necessary to have a certain number of members to be credible as a party.

The two main parties don't really represent anyone. The third largest party (SNP) may well not represent anyone at all in the UK.

Whilst you probably won't be able to secure a seat in Scotland for UKIP, it shows in the statistics, it shows the party you believe in their policies and the bigger the political snowball gets, the more chance we have of change. I suspect we may face a second general election...

I decided that voting UKIP in Scotland is a waste, and the SNP snowball is the only real challenge to the established order, and without any real say on how we are run from Brussels, upsetting how we are run from London is the next best bet.

I'm voting UKIP. Although I quite like what the Labour and the Green Parties support with regard to housing, I feel very strongly about immigration and our ongoing membership of the EU. Nigel Farage is not afraid to speak his mind, unlike Con/Lib/Lab who just utter empty populist rhetoric.

Durham City is blessed with some independent candidates, including this guy who also stood last time:

http://www.durhamlandreform.org.uk/

I'll feel bad not voting for him but the seat is ultra-safe anyway, and I'd rather give encouragement to an insurgent party with national representation. If there was a whole Land Reform party I'd be supporting them!

I thought they represented the Bankers (etc)?

Not even the 1%.

80% of legislation now comes from the EU.

There is little use for MPs at all really.

Greens. Great policies, 500,000 social homes to be built. Reversing the calamitous descision of right to buy with nothing to replace it. It might not cause HPC, but a good solid stock of social homes built en masse every year is two fingers stuck up to HPI massive and their cartel of cronies.

What's anti-Britain? A vote to sweep Blair's mess under the carpet and let the constitutional crisis go on festering indefinitely? Or a vote for the only party to have made any serious attempt to propose a fix?

I am not sure either UKIP or Labour - Reason? I would like Labour to get in but if I vote UKIP I will be adding to Mark Reckless's total and i THINK this is a marginal seat (Rochester and Strood) UKIP in means one less Conservative seat.