House Price Crash Forum

Ed Sheeran - Why?

OnionTerror

HOLA441

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jan/19/james-blunts-letter-chris-bryant-in-full

Not a fan of James Blunt music wise, I wouldn't buy it but I'm not offended by it, however he does appear to have a sense of humour and does take the p155 out of his own 5h1t music.

If I hear "Your Beautiful" once more, I think I will harm things..likewise with "Angels"...Robbie Williams - don't get me started...Wasn't he called "that fat dancer in Take That" by Liam Gallagher? Rock DJ...aaaahhhhhhhh...

"You're the one".. probably the best thing he's ever did...which is difficult to say...

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

As someone else said, he's about the only (mainstream) thing (other than adele) to actually get my attention in the music world in about the last 5 years.

Thats more indicative of the crap the music industry has been turning out, though.

Trouble is, is that there's loads of good stuff going on, underneath the mainstream...Its just you have to put in the effort to find it...

HOLA447

As someone else said, he's about the only (mainstream) thing (other than adele) to actually get my attention in the music world in about the last 5 years.

Thats more indicative of the crap the music industry has been turning out, though.

<cough> <cough>

Him and Adele are about the only acts that have roused my interest over the last few years; very good songwriters both.

"Someone else" indeed!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Trouble is, is that there's loads of good stuff going on, underneath the mainstream...Its just you have to put in the effort to find it...

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To be fair if you write music it tends to come from the less happy moments - unless you are a Brill Building type composer when it's more a production line. If you are a happy soul you probably don't have time to wallow and question.

But back to OP. I don't really get him, nice enough lad but nothing too memorable or connecting. Like a lot of modern music, a lot of style over substance catering for an X Factor dumbed down audience. Don't get me started on One Direction. What is that phenomenon about?

I find that music that comes from genuine pain is often quite happy. Look at the music of the 30s and 40s. Vera Lynn didn't sing about how awful life was, she sang about hope and overcoming despair. 'It's a Lovely Day Tomorrow' contains more genuine human emotion than any mass produced angsty modern music. As the old poem has it, 'the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through tears.'

HOLA4415

If I hear "Your Beautiful" once more, I think I will harm things..likewise with "Angels"...Robbie Williams - don't get me started...Wasn't he called "that fat dancer in Take That" by Liam Gallagher? Rock DJ...aaaahhhhhhhh...

"You're the one".. probably the best thing he's ever did...which is difficult to say...

I believe the full insult was 'fat tap dancer from Stoke'.

HOLA4416

I'm not a fan, but I wouldn't blame Ed Sheeran. He's a reasonably talented musician who, along with the likes of Jake Bugg, Ben Howard, George Ezra et al produces reasonably good music. It's not very exciting, but it's not meant to be. The trouble is that young people aren't the main purchasers of pop music anymore. They still listen to it, but they won't cough up to pay for it. So it's left to the 40+, CD buying generation to fund the prerecorded end of the music industry.

Archived