House Price Crash Forum

Names

SarahBell

HOLA441

My paypal is still in my previous married name. Cos they used to want you to send off some ID to change it. Anyway I paid for membership of a club through it, putting my current name in a note on the payment.
So it comes back as in the wrong name. Not a problem, they change it for me.
So anyway the club are turning into a charity and need a form filling in for their records so I take the opportunity to write my current name in it and write a cheque in my current name.
And it comes back with my previous name on still.
So once again I've emailed them to change it.

And then he emails me back to say he'll change it, apologising to Sara.

It's mildly amusing and I stop myself from emailing back 'thanks Rober.'

:)

HOLA442

My paypal is still in my previous married name. Cos they used to want you to send off some ID to change it. Anyway I paid for membership of a club through it, putting my current name in a note on the payment.

So it comes back as in the wrong name. Not a problem, they change it for me.

So anyway the club are turning into a charity and need a form filling in for their records so I take the opportunity to write my current name in it and write a cheque in my current name.

And it comes back with my previous name on still.

So once again I've emailed them to change it.

And then he emails me back to say he'll change it, apologising to Sara.

It's mildly amusing and I stop myself from emailing back 'thanks Rober.'

:)

Just leave a '0' off the end of the sum written on the cheque.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

People are too fussy about names and spellings nowadays. Look at Shakespeare, or Shakspere, or any number of other ways he spelt it. And people had multiple surnames or names too. Royalty keep that up a bit, think of Charles Windsor, he has loads of different names.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

People are too fussy about names and spellings nowadays. Look at Shakespeare, or Shakspere, or any number of other ways he spelt it. And people had multiple surnames or names too. Royalty keep that up a bit, think of Charles Windsor, he has loads of different names.

I had a huge row with my sixth form English teacher about how Shakespeare spelt his name numerous different ways, arguing that if he did so then the rest of us could use any one of his name spellings. She hated me - bitch! You have just reminded me of my anger for the nasty old cow from over 30 years ago.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The trend for "unique" names does children no favours. You hear the resignation in their voices as inevitably they are asked yet again "Can you spell that?".

Silliest name chnage case I recall was one IT manager who insisted on changing back from the married surname she had had for many years (though had already been divorced for several years), back to her maiden name, and then to her newly married name all in about six months. Everything had to be updated each time.

I think we referred to her as Gina "Whatever she's calling herself this month".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Pah. Whose fault is it if you keep changing your name?

Heh. I too have a silent H, but I've given up worrying when someone misspells me.

LOL Well that's why I'm not changing it again. Still not changed all instances on my one bank account and get first married name letters sometimes.

I don't normally mind - my own dad used to take the pee about spelling my name [1] - but they'd sent a form specifically for being able to claim back tax now from membership fees, and saying how important it was to have everyone's correct details.

[1] The leaf for the memory tree at the hospice was engraved how he used to spell it even though I spelt my name properly on the sheet.

HOLA4419

Pah. Whose fault is it if you keep changing your name?

Heh. I too have a silent H, but I've given up worrying when someone misspells me.

All people should keep the name they were born with unless they dislike it or the spelling of it for one reason or another.....all this changing your name half way though your life or in some cases many times in one lifetime is madness, far too much unnecessary paperwork. ;)

HOLA4420
He gave his name to the returning officer as Mr Desmond Lewis, of Norwich Street, Cambridge. In fact he is Mr Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang Ole Biscuit Barrel, a veteran of the Crosby byelection some 15 months ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2014/feb/18/monster-raving-loony-party-bermondsey-byelection

And still known as Tarquin when I met him.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Must've been an affectation. And the Grauniad got his original name wrong: Desmond was his middle name, and noone used it before the change to Tarquin for the Crosby by-election.

He was one of two "John Lewis"s I knew at Cambridge. The other tells of how he heard of this one in the news, and frantically phoned his parents to reassure them "It's not me!".

HOLA4423

All people should keep the name they were born with unless they dislike it or the spelling of it for one reason or another.....all this changing your name half way though your life or in some cases many times in one lifetime is madness, far too much unnecessary paperwork. ;)

Con-men do it regularly. Cover their tracks, before the "right to be forgotten".

HOLA4424

Con-men do it regularly. Cover their tracks, before the "right to be forgotten".

There will always be con men.....but not all men are con men.....anyway why should the actions of the bad men make it so that the good men have to suffer...we all end up paying the price because of their cons. ;)

HOLA4425

There will always be con men.....but not all men are con men.....anyway why should the actions of the bad men make it so that the good men have to suffer...we all end up paying the price because of their cons. ;)

Yeah, I'm not accusing our Sarah of being a con-man.

Even if she confesses in this thread to behaving like one.

Archived