House Price Crash Forum

Yougov Poll - The Pessimism Of Ukip Supporters

R K

HOLA441

Mind you there's always "one".

Apparently 1 percent of the Labour supporters would find it harder to remain friends with someone who turned to Labour.

It's probably a rounding or weighting error or something.

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER" - Groucho Marx.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

If a Labour, Liberal or Conservative MP/MEP/Cllr was caught doing some of the things UKIP ones have got up to they would quite rightly be given a hard time. Yet go to a newspaper comments sections when a UKIP whatever is caught doing something wrong...

That is not true a Lib Dem councillor was convicted of racially aggravated assault and it was ignored by the national press

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/11067497.Worcester_Park_councillor_convicted_for_racially_aggravated_assault_in_train_station_pub/%20%20/

If you go to the BBC and search his name then nothing appears, do you really think that would be the case if he were a UKIP councillor?

HOLA443
HOLA444

http://

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2848526/Now-Ukip-beating-Labour-white-working-class-vote-days-Miliband-tried-win-white-van-man.html

Labour is losing is claim to be the party of the working class to Ukip, according to a devastating poll which will make grim reading for Ed Miliband.

The survey shows more voters believe Nigel Farage’s party is in touch with the concerns of white, working class people across the country than the Labour party, which has long claimed to represent them.

There's also a bit about friends changing their parties - the latest clutching at straws and throwing the kitchen sink in yougov poll.

There's probably a niche in UK politics for a party that promises to help people to keep their fair weather friends.
Edited by billybong

HOLA445
HOLA446
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA447
HOLA448

I suspect it's a numbers game. British "citizens" get to vote. It's a form of gerrymandering by the back door.

and who is getting the 200k new passports per year? Probably not EU members as there is little advantage to them. Didn't the survey (which itself is dubious) show non Eu migrants costing a fortune to the UK tax payer?

HOLA449

I think UKIP is misunderstood if viewed as just another horse in the race whose form is to be judged by the conventions of the past- UKIP is more of a repository for the accumulated alienation wrought by decades of neo liberal voodoo economics- the fact that it's composed of a lot of dodgy characters and is lacking in intellectual coherence will not make any difference to those who seek to use it as a club to beat the status quo.

When reaching for an implement to inflict maximal damage one is less concerned with it's aesthetic qualities than it's heft and weight. Farage has provided the malcontent with the weapon they need to express their rage- incohate as it may be- and I think they will use it no matter how much the political and media establishment disapprove.

HOLA4410

I think UKIP is misunderstood if viewed as just another horse in the race whose form is to be judged by the conventions of the past- UKIP is more of a repository for the accumulated alienation wrought by decades of neo liberal voodoo economics- the fact that it's composed of a lot of dodgy characters and is lacking in intellectual coherence will not make any difference to those who seek to use it as a club to beat the status quo.

When reaching for an implement to inflict maximal damage one is less concerned with it's aesthetic qualities than it's heft and weight. Farage has provided the malcontent with the weapon they need to express their rage- incohate as it may be- and I think they will use it no matter how much the political and media establishment disapprove.

Pretty much.

Entirely self inflicted on the part of the Establishment though. And they don't seem to get that, still.

HOLA4411

I don't think anyone views UKIP as another horse in the race, they are offering a distinctly firm line on EU membership, immigration control and changes in other areas covered best in their manifesto

Sure they get things wrong and make changes but I like the fact that parties do this rather than dogmatically sticking to some traditional opinion

What I find more incoherent are the Tories and Labour coming out now and promising change in immigration laws when we know damn well we can't change them while in the EU and it is quite frankly laughable

I think be its very nature politics has a lot of 'dodgy' characters as you put it, some of whom have made it to PM in recent years and I find it rather strange that you are implying only UKIP has them.

I am not a UKIP member but I do support some of their policies, not only leaving the EU to control ourselves and how we trade with the world, adopting our own immigration control but also policies such as making degree courses in Science and engineering free to encourage what this country really needs..... people retaining intellectual property, inventing and making things.

Other parties have failed for me in this.

HOLA4412

Media attitude towards independence is always to say "little Englander" or "racist". It has a smack of Norman aristocratic snobbery about it. It's possible to be individualistic and libertarian whilst trading with the world. Britain did it for centuries before any contrived coalition of nations, a la Napoleon or Rome.

HOLA4413