House Price Crash Forum

Mrpin's New Phone

MrPin

HOLA441

The battery is well worn out on my 15 year old Nokia 3510! When I took the back off, it broke! I've ordered a Samsung "something" for £82. Have I been extravagant?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Sorry to disappoint but it can only be a max of 12 years old :P

You are probably right. I had a 3310 before that, but I dropped it down the toilet, and it didn't work after that, so a bloke at work gave me a spare 3510.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Does your new phone squeak?

I actually have no idea what it might do! I didn't want to spend £400! I don't need a full HD screen, and would like it to fit in my pocket!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Sure you haven't accidentally bought a ladies' personal hygienic trimmer? Can be hard to tell apart these days

I believe it will do that aswell, if I download the right "app"!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Think I'd personally have spent another £30 and got the MotoG.. But it'll probably be fine for 99% of anything you're ever likely to need it for.

Hope you get another 15 years out of this one :)

It might outlast me! :o

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Just make sure you clean the pubes out with an old toothbrush

I can't imagine my new cellphone could stuff a vagina as good as that one could! That would make a lady rhinocerous happy!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

'Happy New Phone' MrPin!

You're more 'with it' than I am. I currently have a battle worn 6 year old Samsung SGH 250 phone.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_e250-1772.php

I too cannot envisage spending 400 quid on a phone. I lost a £50 Nokia phone 5 years ago which was unfortunate enough. Losing a £400 phone would really upset me.

My first mobile phone was a Motorola 3788. It was like the 'Volvo Estate' of mobile phones. I deliberately kept dropping it on the floor and it kept functioning!

HOLA4424

I've bought a cheapy £82 phone! I too, can't justify a £400 one, although I have been happy to pay that for just a fraction of a guitar! :blink: Seriously, the old one was held together with insulation tape, to keep the battery in!

HOLA4425

I've bought a cheapy £82 phone! I too, can't justify a £400 one, although I have been happy to pay that for just a fraction of a guitar! :blink: Seriously, the old one was held together with insulation tape, to keep the battery in!

Cor, what counts as cheap up country these days!

I've gone back to a buttons one because the touch screen on mine broke and I'm a few months from getting a new one. I'm beginning to think the new one might have buttons too....

Upsides of buttons:

• Battery life - I realised i haven't charged it for two days, it's still nearly fully charged
  • Lack of distraction - I don't feel the need to keep glancing at it or checking anything; if it rings or bleeps I pick it up. This makes me a lot more relaxed; if I'm on the train I enjoy the view and the journey and the phone is a passive accessory.
  • Much smaller - I always knew which pocket my smartphone was in by the size and weight, this is compact and light
  • Price
  • Durability - all my buttons phones have made > 5 years and in the case of my first (brick-ish) phone is as far as I know still working, on my work smartphones I cracked two screens and my first owned one has lasted about 18 months before requiring a repair that I'm not going to bother with

Downsides of buttons:

• It has a lot less functionality but see "Lack of distraction" above. I'm not missing the nag that is Candy Crush.

Archived