House Price Crash Forum

Three Times Local Wage

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

You're not too far away from me in Highbridge/Burnham on sea.

But I am afraid that Midsomer Norton and Radstock are just about commutable to Bristol, so you're going to pay through the nose around there as your bidding against people trying to escape Bristol.

Due to the restriction of supply and loose credit making Bristol truly unaffordable to almost anyone the Bristol commuter belt is huge.

Me & the wife were commuting from Highbridge up the M4, which is a 45 min journey each way!

Lucky for us we have both started new jobs on (just) better money in Bridgwater which is out of Bristol commuter scope, hence property prices around there are quite reasonable, add in the huge amount of new builds dragging down prices.

So in summary you are going to pay a massive price for being in rural Bristol commuter territory.

HOLA445

Is that a prison cell or a house...

It is however good to see that they have realised they badly mispriced it when first listing so have reduced the price by a whole £2,045. As if that's going to make all the difference.

That will be £4k after you have been paying Nationwide mortgage interest on it for 25 years.

HOLA446

Is that a prison cell or a house...

It is however good to see that they have realised they badly mispriced it when first listing so have reduced the price by a whole £2,045. As if that's going to make all the difference.

Sad thing is, this is the cheapest property in the town.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Not too far from where I live:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29429883.html

Don't get lost in the floorplan.

10154_AMM4030_FLP_00_0000_max_600x600.GI

Can you just imagine working hard for 25 years, then on the last Friday of that period standing on the street in front of your home with your loved ones, waving your hand proudly towards it, a cuddle, a kiss and the words "just look at what hard work and perseverance can achieve".

No I can't either. What a sad situation HPI has brought upon this once great country. It just reinforces my plan to leave this once great country.

HOLA4411

Not too far from where I live:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29429883.html

Don't get lost in the floorplan.

10154_AMM4030_FLP_00_0000_max_600x600.GI

I wonder if they only gave the room one coat of paint so it would increase floor area slighly ;)

To be fair I think it would make an ideal starter home for a young family, getting them on the first rung of the ladder. Beggars can't be choosers you know. And you can empty the washing machine without getting out of bed.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The ad strapline is "ATTENTION INVESTORS!" so the fact it's 3x the local wage is probably an accident and not meant to be relevant anyway.

Why is it that when any place looks like s**t the immediate conclusion reached is that it's good enough for renters but not 'home owners'? Are we renters a different species to 'home owners'...

HOLA4414

Why is it that when any place looks like s**t the immediate conclusion reached is that it's good enough for renters but not 'home owners'? Are we renters a different species to 'home owners'...

Like this for example with the usual bingo lines of "cash" "investment" http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46940699.html

Edit: Unlike Bingo you don't even get to shout "house" at the end.

Edited by Starla

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Being cheap does not mean it's good value.

This is about the same price for a 4br house not to far away - actually it's that cheap I might go and have a look.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29684724.html

Bring a brush for the chalk outlines.

Even that place is the kind of house that not that long ago would have gone for a near-nominal sum because you'd need either a lot of time or a lot of money to make it properly liveable.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420