House Price Crash Forum

Sale Un-Agreed. Sales Falling Thorugh Due To Mmr.

HOLA441

I have noticed quite a few properties coming back onto the market this week due to sales falling through. I am assuming it's due to people not being able to obtain sub-prime mortgages.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know MMR's only been in since Saturday, but I think it's already having a positive effect.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I have noticed quite a few properties coming back onto the market this week due to sales falling through. I am assuming it's due to people not being able to obtain sub-prime mortgages.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know MMR's only been in since Saturday, but I think it's already having a positive effect.

There are several properties round me that went SSTC last Oct/Nov, really over priced rubbish which I was shocked to see sell....6 months later the signs are still up but slowly the sales are falling through. I've seen a couple where the sign disappears so it looks like it's actually sold....but the same car is sat out front :rolleyes:

I dont look so much on rightmove, there is no point.

HOLA444

There are several properties round me that went SSTC last Oct/Nov, really over priced rubbish which I was shocked to see sell....6 months later the signs are still up but slowly the sales are falling through. I've seen a couple where the sign disappears so it looks like it's actually sold....but the same car is sat out front :rolleyes:

I dont look so much on rightmove, there is no point.

Quite a few coming back, others were bought by BTL brigade and being rented out (especially the structurally dodgy ones).

Not much supply at present, but many that want to sell are reducing prices (Mounts area of Northampton, cheaper houses).

Still a load trying to sell for new highs (more expensive areas), seems to be falling from the poorer areas rather than the richer ones.

I guess that money is coming from London and fanning out, so only hitting the more expensive areas.

Or Express readers 'not giving it away' aka not selling.

Anyone depending on income rather than accumulated housing 'wealth' can't afford as much, perhaps even for rent.

Rent (asking) in better areas seems to be going up. Not sure where demand is coming from. I don't see any wage rises, people coming to the area?

I doubt hospitals are recruiting, increase in industry/warehousing?

I haven't been tracking rentals much, so I don't know how many are normally available.

It could be BTL are just asking what they think they need to cover finance / chancing it. Will have to track lettings a bit more. Is there a demand graph on rightmove/zoopla for a postcode? Preferably excluding flats.

At the moment, for a particular search there are 51 for sales / 15 lettings. How is it in other areas?

HOLA445

I've seen a couple where the sign disappears so it looks like it's actually sold....but the same car is sat out front :rolleyes:

My neighbour's place went up as sold but their vehicles are still there and now no sign. No idea about the details.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Its too early for it to be MMR as theyd have had the application in weeks/months ago.

Maybe theyre waiting another few months to see what effect it has though.

Some people offer and assume the mortgage will happen, especially as fees might be involved for just applying?

They will be in for a surprise at this point in post MMR changes (probably loosened up in a few months).

Anyone changing a mortgage application that was agreed previously (downvaluation, changes in circumstances, deposit, price?) will probably (rightly or wrongly) have the post MMR treatment.

That might hit a few people. They might even have to have a different product with changes to fees/rates (not sure about that one, may even vary lender to lender).

Anyway, some MMR effects even now, more to follow.

HOLA448

Its too early for it to be MMR as theyd have had the application in weeks/months ago.

Maybe theyre waiting another few months to see what effect it has though.

MMR should apply unless they got full approval before Saturday. Most buyers are offer in principle until quite close to exchanging contracts I think.