House Price Crash Forum

George Osborne Warns City To Prepare For Turmoil Over Russia Sanctions And Interest Rate Rises

HOLA441

A few American talking heads on TV lately saying that the way to really make Russia hurt, and damage Putin politically, is to pile on the economic pressure. Military action is out of the question, but it seems that the US can`t just let this slide, so interesting few months ahead. Wonder if rates slipping upwards, even slightly, could be the trigger for a UK HPC?

We're in the middle of the HPC....where have you been!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I'll the dig the names out and repost them.

Putin is a cunning sod. I reckon he will let things go quiet over a lovely hot European summer and the, when everyone thinks we are one big happy family again, he will simply cut the supply.

I have been reading up about him - there are some interesting stories about him by those who met him.

One is a story told by one of the people who has won the superbowl in the US and how Putin allegedly asked to look at his superbowl winner's ring - something that is very rare and much prized - before allegedly simply pocketing it and walking out of the room without saying anything. Now, if that wasn't a message I don't know what is.

It certainly says a great deal about his mentality. Take what you want.

Another story is from George W. Bush and how Putin allegedly ridiculed the dog that Bubba had at the White House. When Bubba visited the Kremlin Putin allegedly brought a large dog into the room and told Bush that he owned a real dog. A proud dog owner or someone hang up in a macho mindset where even the size of a dog is considered strength or a weakness?

I don't think Putin is a man to cross and, like a Klingon, I suspect he believes that revenge is a dish best served cold. I think he will lull weak Western leaders into a false sense of security over the summer and then shaft all 500 million of us come the Autumn.

Putin has managed to become the most powerful of all the Russian gangsters.

All Obama ever did was to win a bullshitting competition. Cameron couldn't even do that.

HOLA444

Western democracies come the hard man, threatening all manner of sanctions only for Vlad to go:

'Yeah? Well I've more gas in my colon than you have in the whole of Western Europe! Now, bar demoting Chelsea to the Ryman League, you and I both know that your sanctions mean jack.

Oil and gas is your narcotic and I'm Huggy f*cking Bear, so get down on your knees and start sucking and blowing alternatively before I go all Trotsky on you'.

HOLA445