House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441

So even the prime areas seem to paint the same picture: a rapid rise in prices until mid-2014 when the London market stalled. However, thus far we have not seen any consistent London price falls in the LR data.

The best performing London boroughs are these 2 for now; let's see how they do tomorrow

http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/hpi/view?compare=1&from_m=3&from_y=2000&loc_0=Hackney&loc_1=Haringey&loc_uri_0=http%3A%2F%2Flandregistry.data.gov.uk%2Fid%2Fregion%2Fhackney&loc_uri_1=http%3A%2F%2Flandregistry.data.gov.uk%2Fid%2Fregion%2Fharingey&m_hpi=1&source=preview_form&to_m=3&to_y=2015

I can see some symmetry/same speed going up and down around the top

Edited by Damik

HOLA442
So even the prime areas seem to paint the same picture: a rapid rise in prices until mid-2014 when the London market stalled. However, thus far we have not seen any consistent London price falls in the LR data.

Thanks, very interesting analysis. Looking forward to your update tomorrow and whether there is a significant change that might alter your conclusions. Thanks for the charts.

HOLA443
HOLA444

45 minutes to go. The big question is, by how much did London fall.

Hmm; that's a confident view. Misery misery misery, and utter disappointment; been pummelled by it with house prices. HPI++++ raging, against forum excuses for the very same buyers. I've seen a few houses sell in recent months (London), that may be coming through onto the books, when the asking prices were at new high.

HOLA445

Hmm; that's a confident view. Misery misery misery, and utter disappointment; been pummelled by it with house prices. HPI++++ raging, against forum excuses for the very same buyers. I've seen a few houses sell in recent months (London), that may be coming through onto the books, when the asking prices were at new high.

The whole LR UK is -0.8% down. I assume that rest of UK is still going up a bit (0.5%). So the -0.8% fall is just London. London is about 30% of the total LR UK number. So potentially London could be this month: -1.5% ??? :wub::wub::wub:

Edited by Damik

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Maybe the London boom was the "long term economic plan"? Long term economic housing boom? Leaving real estate only in the hands of the few?

Majority of London zone 1,2,3,4 are flat from August 2014. They are just somehow magically holding the insane 2013 prices ...

HOLA4414
Majority of London zone 1,2,3,4 are flat from August 2014. They are just somehow magically holding the insane 2013 prices ...

Indeed, it's amazing how prices are on a plateau. Not going up by much, and not going down by much either. I think Freetrader was on to something with his analysis.

The big exception is of course prime London. When will prime London drag the entire thing down. I am surprised it hasn't happened already. More sheeple need to be fleeced until then.

HOLA4415

London sales numbers down 26%!!! Market dead. EAs wanting to be. (Just imagine those month end 'conversations'...)

When sales collapse something has to give and it will be prices IMHO.

#2008Mark2 will come and they will not be able to slash rates. They WILL QE4EVA but will that be sufficient? I doubt it.

#turningjapanese

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Sweden and Denmark have negative IRs. Can we not follow them?

Not for the consumers. Just banks. But UK banks now know that prices are flat/falling a bit. It should make them nervous and undervalue mortgage property valuations ...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

London sales numbers down 26%!!! Market dead. EAs wanting to be. (Just imagine those month end 'conversations'...)

When sales collapse something has to give and it will be prices IMHO.

#2008Mark2 will come and they will not be able to slash rates. They WILL QE4EVA but will that be sufficient? I doubt it.

#turningjapanese

No KB, they just need to raise prices another 20% and flush out those cash rich buyers.

:P:P:P

HOLA4423

Indeed, it's amazing how prices are on a plateau. Not going up by much, and not going down by much either. I think Freetrader was on to something with his analysis.

The big exception is of course prime London. When will prime London drag the entire thing down. I am surprised it hasn't happened already. More sheeple need to be fleeced until then.

The longer it drags out, the more sharp the inevitable decline will be... especially given the low volume and slowing momentum... a typical set-up for bear reversal.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

So...

Kensington and Chelsea tanks 1.6%

Sales volumes have taken a big hit

BUT London is up 0.2% overall.

Not seeing that big lurch down in prices and we're more than a third into the year. If the Tories get back in and we lose the faint impetus of mansion tax/rent controls etc I'd say there's a good chance prices will start to pick up again.