House Price Crash Forum

R4 Voters In Bolton

Tonkers

HOLA441

Small business owner in Bolton asked who he'd vote for, replied ukip.

Interviewer said if conservatives made people work for their dole would he vote for them, a gleeful yes was the answer.

One hopes after chewing over the implications of this policy he does not!

HOLA442
HOLA443

He was never really a UKIP voter though was he? Virtually every one that I know hates the BBC with a passion.

He'll feel like that until it's him.

Isn't this the reality of the majority of voters though? They listen to the arguments at a very basic "soundbite" level and they are swayed by the last piece of information they heard. We live in a kleptocracy anyway so the democracy hardly matters..

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Isn't this the reality of the majority of voters though? They listen to the arguments at a very basic "soundbite" level and they are swayed by the last piece of information they heard. We live in a kleptocracy anyway so the democracy hardly matters..

I think it's the opposite.The majority of voters are inclined to vote the way they've always voted.It's smaller per centage that can be persuaded to switch.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

That's a worry. I might be that age one day. Maybe I'm that age already and don't realise I'm supposed to hate the Beeb. What age are we talking about?

I was just referring to the fact that people,as they age,become more entrenched in their views,however distorted you may feel them to be,to either the left or the right.

It's not necessarily related to age but more to the sum of life experiences.

In general though,at 40 your views are set.By 55+,it's likely they've hardened somewhat.

HOLA4411
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4412

If some would change their vote just because a party offered to make some mythical unemployed person work for their dole - well perhaps they shouldn't even have the vote.

If you are doing a job you should get paid for it! If benefits/dole money is too high that's another matter. You shouldn't confuse the poor.