House Price Crash Forum

Invest In Walthamstow Or Stoke Newington

HOLA441

Stoke Newington was up and coming around 10 years ago. I bought a 3 bed flat for £127,500 in 2002. You can imagine that it has gone up a little since. I sold 2 years later, but am now looking at the next up and coming area of North or East London. Property prices in Walthamstow are still affordable in parts and there's a real buzz there right now. I think Walthamstow is the next up and coming area of NE London. Thoughts?

HOLA442

Stoke Newington was up and coming around 10 years ago. I bought a 3 bed flat for £127,500 in 2002. You can imagine that it has gone up a little since. I sold 2 years later, but am now looking at the next up and coming area of North or East London. Property prices in Walthamstow are still affordable in parts and there's a real buzz there right now. I think Walthamstow is the next up and coming area of NE London. Thoughts?

Top of Blackhorse Road and as close to the North Circular Road as possible for best value. Make sure it's not near a tube, train or bus. Better still if ex council , recycling plant next door and on red route.

HOLA443

Could you recommend a good EA in E17? The 'buzz' augers well for my property portfolio.

HOLA444

Top of Blackhorse Road and as close to the North Circular Road as possible for best value. Make sure it's not near a tube, train or bus. Better still if ex council , recycling plant next door and on red route.

Sounds idyllic.

HOLA445

You'd have to choose very carefully in Walthamstow. Some parts are very nice indeed - some parts are an utter toilet, much like all of NE London. The village is naice, but it ain't big.

As a Leytonstone resident I'm sort of baffled by the 'buzz' around E17. Don't get the appeal at all.

I was in Leyton on saturday - haven't been for a few months, and I was astounded by the number of 'hipsters' wandering around. That could be an area to watch.

HOLA446
HOLA447

You'd have to choose very carefully in Walthamstow. Some parts are very nice indeed - some parts are an utter toilet, much like all of NE London. The village is naice, but it ain't big.

As a Leytonstone resident I'm sort of baffled by the 'buzz' around E17. Don't get the appeal at all.

I was in Leyton on saturday - haven't been for a few months, and I was astounded by the number of 'hipsters' wandering around. That could be an area to watch.

the only thing going for Walthamstow are the good transport links during the daytime, 2 Victoria line stations & overground to Liverpool St, however come nighttime when the tube shuts and it's totally different, for me getting on the N73 from central London to get home to E17, after a good night quickly bought me down and was utterly depressing.

Lived there for 2 years in the so called village about a decade a go and it was a complete dump then and actually in my opinion is worse now as I had the misfortune to spend a day there recently. I too just don't understand the attraction and insane prices there.

HOLA448

Sounds like the kind of "gentrification" Brixton is undergoing. Lots of hipsters about, but absolutely no reduction in crime, general untidiness of the area or the number of scary looking people begging and/or wandering around off their faces on drugs and alcohol.

HOLA449

Sounds like the kind of "gentrification" Brixton is undergoing. Lots of hipsters about, but absolutely no reduction in crime, general untidiness of the area or the number of scary looking people begging and/or wandering around off their faces on drugs and alcohol.

It might not be - Leytonstone looks like a place which will be a middle class/ successful professional suburb within ten years. Walthamstow on the other hand has great connections, decent properties, but has been the next big thing/ up and coming for at least twenty years.

HOLA4410

See also: Camberwell.