House Price Crash Forum

The Sumo Japan Qe Thread

HOLA441
BOJ survey to show recovery in Japan business mood running flat

TOKYO - Business confidence was roughly flat in the fourth quarter among big Japanese firms and worsened for smaller ones, a key central bank survey is likely to show on Monday, highlighting the uneven recovery brought by premier Shinzo Abe's stimulus policies.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Japan business mood sours as economy struggles with recession

TOKYO - Big Japanese manufacturers grew less optimistic in October-December and foresee conditions worsening in the following quarter, a government survey showed on Wednesday, suggesting that the economy's recovery from recession will be slow.

HOLA444
China November output, investment data show further weakness, more stimulus expected

BEIJING - China's economy showed further signs of fatigue in November, with factory growth slowing more than expected and investment expansion hovering near a 13-year low, putting pressure on policymakers to unveil stronger stimulus measures.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Thanks for that, both excellent articles especially the first.

Results coming in now, Abe's coalition on track for 330 out 475 seats. Abe doesn't really need the coalition partner as he is on track for 295 seats.

HOLA447

Thanks for that, both excellent articles especially the first.

Results coming in now, Abe's coalition on track for 330 out 475 seats. Abe doesn't really need the coalition partner as he is on track for 295 seats.

I don't really understand Japanese politics, although I'm relatively envious of what they make of their lot.

The second article was more about the link to: http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2014/12/04/2059371/did-japan-actually-lose-any-decades/ putting the demographics in context.

HOLA448

I don't really understand Japanese politics, although I'm relatively envious of what they make of their lot.

The second article was more about the link to: http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2014/12/04/2059371/did-japan-actually-lose-any-decades/ putting the demographics in context.

Another excellent article, cheers. There's only one party in Japan - TV just gave a poll showing most people think Abenomics will fail, yet they just voted for it.

HOLA449

Another excellent article, cheers. There's only one party in Japan - TV just gave a poll showing most people think Abenomics will fail, yet they just voted for it.

Abe led the history text book reform society which aims to remove embarrassing parts from text books (comfort women, unit 731 etc). Perhaps he can remove the failure of Abenomics from the text books too.

HOLA4410

Its been covered many times before...measure GDP on a per capita basis (as it should be) and Japan has performed in line with other developed nation.

One must understand, we only endure the obscene level of immigration we do in this country because of our complete and utter surrender to a ponzi-bankster model that requires an exponential increase in the amount of subjects.

Germany has little or no trade deficit, falling debt levels, free further education, has bailed out the east and much of europe and looks healthier than the UK. Even with immigration their birth rate is so low their population is stagnant. Our birth rate, though ideally should be a little higher, gives no excuse for such levels of immigration.

HOLA4411

Stock market falling while currency rises. Likelihood these have long legs... setting up one of biggest stock buy opportunities for years in the World hedging against currency debasement.

HOLA4412

HOLA4413
Japan export growth slows, maintains policy pressure on Abe

TOKYO - Japan's exports grew for a third straight month in November from a year earlier, but much more slowly than expected and despite a sharp fall in the yen, maintaining economic policy pressure on Prime Minister Shinzo Abe days after his ruling coalition's big election win.

HOLA4414

Â¥ strengthening and NIKK weakening. If NIKK breaks below 15,000 and hangs around, next stop 12,000...Â¥ prob go to 105/95 to US$.

1989: c 40,000

Those would be entirely normal pullbacks after doubling NIKK and ¥ crashing.

Imagine if ¥ debases over years

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4415
Further Proof That Abenomics Is A Total Disaster: Japan Car Lobby Admits "Sense Of Panic"

20141218_panic.jpg

"Abenomics is not having clear traction across the country," warned the head of Japan's auto lobby on Thursday as unexpectedly weak domestic sales revealed - yet again - what an utter disaster government policy is. "We feel a sense of crisis about the fact that cars are actually not selling," he exclaimed, saying that, as Reuters reports April sales tax hike was only partly to blame for the domestic sales weakness, citing the government's failure to boost consumption. But, but, but Japanese stocks are up 1000 points in the last 2 days so how can this be?

Just a sense of crisis is not a crisis.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Japan Aso says wage hikes key to 'Abenomics' success

TOKYO - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso on Wednesday urged companies to boost wages to help underpin private consumption, stressing that such private-sector efforts are key to the success of premier Shinzo Abe's "Abenomics" stimulus policies.

HOLA4419

My wife has just come back from Japan yesterday.

She says that her friend is now unable to pay her mortgage and so is just paying a token amount of £5 a month. Apparently millions are in the same situation (she works for local government)

It seems that the banks are more than happy with this situation, I imagine it`s all backed by the Japanese government.

The future for the UK is already writ?

HOLA4420

She says that her friend is now unable to pay her mortgage and so is just paying a token amount of £5 a month. Apparently millions are in the same situation (she works for local government)

It seems that the banks are more than happy with this situation, I imagine it`s all backed by the Japanese government.

Sounds similar to Ireland. no-one involved wants to realise losses. I very much doubt the recent UK stress tests on a 30% fall in prices. Banks are balls out into property and the economy being built on properly, can see some serious bail ins coming as soon as the imminent market correction occurs.

HOLA4421

WTF!!!!

Did she say what her other outgoings where for them to accept only £5 a month on what I presume is a large mortgage? Effectively at that level of repayment the loan would never be paid off and if it's liable for interest on the outstanding amount it won't ever be.

If this is true then the Japanese banks are still zombies!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

No, this was never a large mortgage (around 15 million) it`s just that her husband couldn't pay.

So, 5 quid a month as many are paying,

It`s not a question of zombie banks the role has been taken by the Japanese government.

Zombie banks begat a zombie govt. Just like the UK.

HOLA4424

Apparently rental yields in Tokyo are about 5% so any home owner paying £5 a month is on a winner (except for any possible capital loss) although apparently recently house prices have risen a bit.

http://

www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/japan/Price-History

Apparently the Japanese home ownership rate is about 61% (2008)

http://

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_home_ownership_rate

Edited by billybong

HOLA4425