House Price Crash Forum

Property Flooding On To The Market In My Area

HOLA441

Well I'm in Watford and all the towns around me that are of interest which are:

Watford

Hemel

Harefield

St Albans

Property is just flooding on to the market again - some of it's been sat there for over a year now.

I know us HPCers will hang on to any hope that sanity is going to return, but we know the BoE base rate is de-coupling from mortgage rates again and with all the cuts and problems in the EU and Osborne handing out £10bn loans I can't help but think, tha when I look at my own situation and watching the market in my area - all I do is smile and laugh now, I mean these asking prices against the back drop of what's going on in the world look more and more ridiculous each day - I'm tempted to start putting in 'real offers' on the properties that interest me and when I get the shpiel about my offer being insulting, I will just retort, it's not my offer that's insulting, it's your asking price!

HOLA442
HOLA443
I'm tempted to start putting in 'real offers' on the properties that interest me and when I get the shpiel about my offer being insulting, I will just retort, it's not my offer that's insulting, it's your asking price!

I do that every so often; it's my duty.

HOLA444
HOLA445

There's been a steady increase in marketed prpperrties since new year in the post codes I monitor in the east mids.still below what is was in the middle of last year though

My (N & E Yorks) figures are a little below what they were in March 11. Will be interested to see April, a lot seems to be coming on and I don't imagine much is shifting.

Edited by FloraPoste

HOLA446

Well I'm in Watford and all the towns around me that are of interest which are:

Watford

Hemel

Harefield

St Albans

Property is just flooding on to the market again - some of it's been sat there for over a year now.

I know us HPCers will hang on to any hope that sanity is going to return, but we know the BoE base rate is de-coupling from mortgage rates again and with all the cuts and problems in the EU and Osborne handing out £10bn loans I can't help but think, tha when I look at my own situation and watching the market in my area - all I do is smile and laugh now, I mean these asking prices against the back drop of what's going on in the world look more and more ridiculous each day - I'm tempted to start putting in 'real offers' on the properties that interest me and when I get the shpiel about my offer being insulting, I will just retort, it's not my offer that's insulting, it's your asking price!

Any idea why?

You guys have a bit of a fast rail link planned I recall.

We have the same thing proposed over my way but it was over existing tracks so the prices seem to be increasing at an alarming rate.

Just noticed another builder has moved in to mop up this morning, very close to the rail station. Tore down a lovely cottage in a sweet village.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

As I posted on another thread, I see Colchester EAs are all about to become millyonaires...such is the flood of FOR SALE boards over the last tow weeks followed by the very fast covering of same boards wit SOLD sstc.

I note also that several "dumps" which have been on and off sale for months and months are now sold with the inevitable subsequent visitation of skips and white van men.

Sales of Magnolia must be through the roof.

just to confirm RM has way over 1000 properties for sale ( crude all properties search) and just over 1000 for rent.

bear in mind that only 60000 properties have been changing hands per month, then there are all the others NOT on RM, and it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out how many broken chains there are going to be nationwide.

I notice also there are over 200 below and way below 100K.

prices have certainly dropped since peak when only one or two studios would show up below 100K.

Huge amount of 300K plus on the market too....larger family homes.....I guess the city redundancies are starting to bite.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4411

Property at the higher end in my area seems to be at a standstill. I've found this interesting as we (me & the mrs) always though "people with money always have money". Seen a couple houses on for ~ £700k come off the market after 12 months, sit on rightmove rentals for 3-4 months at close to £2k/month and then go back up for sale. No drop in asking price though, that doesn't seem to be an option.

Also have seen a similar property get both its long running (12 month +) listing dumped and relisted at £100k less. However the new listings excluded the the land it previously had which is now "available by separate negotiation". I'll take a wild guess that the land would be available for around £100k.

Seems like a lot of frustration but still no motivation to drop prices.

Oh and I recently found out that the house we are renting was bought by the owner for them to live in rather than rent. They have been unable to sell their house though so here I am posting to HPC from their (possible) future living room.

HOLA4412

Seeing plenty coming onto the market here in east yorks area too. When I was looking for somewhere to rent here 20 months ago there was hardly any. Now I'd be spoilt for choice. Seems to be loads of voids for "landlords".

I can only see prices lowering in the coming year (if they truly want to sell).