House Price Crash Forum

Boredom

OzzMosiz

HOLA441

Well I'm living with my mum, stepdad and brother, and spend a large amount of time in my bedroom

listening to music and staying out the way, but am finding myself getting very bored.

All of my mates are either married, coupled, or living miles away, but I do go out once or twice

a week with a few of them. Sundays and weekdays I'm finding that I'm getting pretty bored.

Been gambling a bit online (done ok, 600 up this weekend), but thats a bad habit to get in. Used

to cycle quite a bit, but the weather is getting crap for it.

Just curious if anyone else is in, or has been in a similiar situation and what you did to overcome

the boredom?

HOLA442

Well I'm living with my mum, stepdad and brother, and spend a large amount of time in my bedroom

listening to music and staying out the way, but am finding myself getting very bored.

All of my mates are either married, coupled, or living miles away, but I do go out once or twice

a week with a few of them. Sundays and weekdays I'm finding that I'm getting pretty bored.

Been gambling a bit online (done ok, 600 up this weekend), but thats a bad habit to get in. Used

Just curious if anyone else is in, or has been in a similiar situation and what you did to overcome

the boredom?

Have you tried reading a book, playing a game, watching a film, going for a walk, chatting to your family? How about planning a trip or muxury purchase so you have something to look forward to? I am going to London in a few weeks and have preordered a 360 so I have other things on my mind and to plan. B)

HOLA443

the boredom?

Write the story of the great HPC 2004-09, from a young person's perspective.

Could be a few quid in it for you

HOLA444

Well I've got my first holiday in 2 years over Xmas so looking forward to that, but I really dont want to be spending money on a games console or anything like that. I'm all movied out too (although I'll probably

catch one later on Sky).

HOLA445
HOLA446

How about Tiddlywinks, or Bashing the Bishop?

LOL, I was going to say shaking hands with the president.

OzzMosiz, it sounds to me like you need a hobby. What about taking a class, or joining a club? Maybe even join a gym, and make some new friends.

HOLA447

How about Tiddlywinks, or Bashing the Bishop?

I regulary partake in one of them. Problem is its awkward buying shirts that will fit my unequal PeeWee Herman and Arnold Schwarzenegger arms and becomes expensive!

LOL, I was going to say shaking hands with the president.

OzzMosiz, it sounds to me like you need a hobby. What about taking a class, or joining a club? Maybe even join a gym, and make some new friends.

I am a member of a gym, but I go in my lunch hour at work. I think I might take up

keyboard/piano lessons once a week.

HOLA448

I regulary partake in one of them. Problem is its awkward buying shirts that will fit my unequal PeeWee Herman and Arnold Schwarzenegger arms and becomes expensive!

I am a member of a gym, but I go in my lunch hour at work. I think I might take up

keyboard/piano lessons once a week.

Why not consider alternating between right and left handed shots when playing Tiddlywinks? Ever since I have my play has improved.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Limpet, funny you should say that. I've been kinda half considering buying an

electric-acoustic Ovation guitar!!

Are you a player or a beginner.

If the latter , I would suggest not spending a fortune on an Ovation , as you can get a perfectly servicable guitar for a lot less dosh.

Or maybe you were just thinking of a Ovation looky-likey such as a Crafter with a bowl back.

I`ve owned and played for years so if you want you can email me and I could make some suggestions

;)

Limpet

HOLA4413

Are you a player or a beginner.

If the latter , I would suggest not spending a fortune on an Ovation , as you can get a perfectly servicable guitar for a lot less dosh.

Or maybe you were just thinking of a Ovation looky-likey such as a Crafter with a bowl back.

I`ve owned and played for years so if you want you can email me and I could make some suggestions

;)

Limpet

I'm a beginner, but I can strum out a few songs (mainly chording). Can bar-chord pretty

well etc so would rather spend a bit of cash on a decent one. Around 350 tops.

HOLA4414

I'm a beginner, but I can strum out a few songs (mainly chording). Can bar-chord pretty

well etc so would rather spend a bit of cash on a decent one. Around 350 tops.

It`s all very subjective but I would certainly look ay the Simon and Patrick ( SP6 I think ) which is made in Canada, nice sound solid top and great value, it just depends on how it feels in the hand.

Also the Yamaha DW 15 which apparently has a solid top and solid rosewood back and sides. I must admit I like Yamaha`s ( I have 2 )

Both of these are dreadnought sized, which I personally don`t like but a lot of others seem to.

On the other hand if you go for second hand you could get something significantly more up market ( but not necessarily significantly better )

One thing is for sure ,unlike houses there has definately never been a better time to buy a guitar!

:rolleyes:

Limpet

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Why don't you start your own home based business?

A pal of mine is in one, his website is www.nodebt4me.co.uk

He says it gives him something to do and he makes some good money as well. A lot better than risking all your money on Internet Gambling

HOLA4418

the boredom?

9 years ago I started writing a book. It was a kind of gothic fantasy fiction. It what I read anyhow. I wrote 10,000 words in two weeks. My degree kicked in and my job, then I got married went abraod. so for the next five years I only wrote another 2000. Then last year, I started writing again and I am now up to 78,000 and it has turned into three books.

It may never get published. I don't care, it is fun and when there is nothing on the telly it can keep me amused til the wee hours. :)

HOLA4419

I like cyling myself but also prefer to when the sun is out. During this time of year I play squash. It doesn't matter how dark and wet it is outside, and you will be far fitter when you start cycling again in the summner :)

Failing that, you could borrow my girlfriend. She's always got things for me to do :D

HOLA4420

the boredom?

Ozz,

You are me, apart from the gambling !! Bad Habit !!

I have recently joined a very nice Gym, its hard for the first couple of weeks, but you'll soon get into it.

You'll feel much better physically, and mentally, and if you can't be bothered to work out just relax in the steam room or have a swim and and a shower.

i can spend a whole evening there sometimes.

(Sorry hadn't read the rest of the thread when I posted.)

HOLA4421

Anyway got a date with an incredibly attractive brunnette week Friday! :D

me too :)

you thought about moving into a house share? - can highly recommend it. costs me 350 quid all in - which is obviously no where near as cheap as camping out at the folks - but it can be a good laff. bottoms not coming anytime soon - and you have to think of ure sanity!!!!

HOLA4422

you thought about moving into a house share? - can highly recommend it. costs me 350 quid all in - which is obviously no where near as cheap as camping out at the folks - but it can be a good laff. bottoms not coming anytime soon - and you have to think of ure sanity!!!!

:(:(:(:(

HOLA4423

I don't think I could live with strangers - ok I know they wouldnt be strangers for long, but not my cuppa

tea. I think I'll just have to grin and bare it!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Pretending to be Amish is a good way of killing some time. It takes ages to cut all your buttons off, sew up your clothing and make your own cheese. Or why don't you start a one-man hate campaign against someone or something? Personally I don't think Alan Titchmarsh has ever felt the 'heat' he so richly deserves.

I would have to agree with dunroamin - living in a shared house does make a lot of sense. Even if it's not your cup of tea it's a real education, and you can always walk away without too much trouble (or notice).

At the moment I'm living with a Lithuanian beauty taking a break from her Lutherian University (chapel every morning, no fornication on campus), a bin man lothario (apparently famous in the locality on account of his prodigious wanger), a bloke doing community service for assault, an agrophobic Albanian called Leonard (or so he says, god only knows what he gets up to in his room) and an 18-year-old chavette who's about to drop her first baby and start her glittering career of welfare state dependency.

All in all, they're all very nice people in their own ways and not the sort of folk I would normally meet. So that's got to be a good thing.

Hasn't it?

Archived