House Price Crash Forum

In-Store Cash-Back

HOLA441

First thing this morning I logged into my online banking. One transaction I noticed was £67 for one of the big four supermarkets. I thought I can't remember spending that amount?? I then recalled that I did recently spend £17 and also asked for £50 cash-back (it saves messing around at the atm).

This got me thinking (btw someone feel free to flame me if I'm being a numpty somewhere in this). Do such transactions not boost the turnover figures for stores that offer cashback? Technically I've only spent £17 but their turnover is now £67.

I always thought cash-back was a convenmient way for stores to lessen their costs for cash handling by the security couriers but this has got me thinking?

Is there a Business Analyst or someone in retail who can clarify?

:huh:

HOLA442
HOLA443

First thing this morning I logged into my online banking. One transaction I noticed was £67 for one of the big four supermarkets. I thought I can't remember spending that amount?? I then recalled that I did recently spend £17 and also asked for £50 cash-back (it saves messing around at the atm).

This got me thinking (btw someone feel free to flame me if I'm being a numpty somewhere in this). Do such transactions not boost the turnover figures for stores that offer cashback? Technically I've only spent £17 but their turnover is now £67.

I always thought cash-back was a convenmient way for stores to lessen their costs for cash handling by the security couriers but this has got me thinking?

Is there a Business Analyst or someone in retail who can clarify?

:huh:

No,you spent £17 and got £50 "change" The Fifty quid does not go onto the turnover figure!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Stores have to pay to have higher denomination notes collected (G4S etc) so if they can recycle some of the notes back to customers it reduces the frequency of the collection visits and means there is less cash in the till and safe on average.

Edited by koala_bear

HOLA446

I don't know what sort of rate the big retailers have to pay their bankers to pay in cash, but for SME's it's a big

bone of contention.

I know of firms that are charged 60p per £100 for paying cash into their own account. Scandalous.

They do everything to reduce this unfair charge including paying suppliers in cash, offering cash-back to customers etc.

Banks are squeezing every business for every pound they can.

:(

HOLA447

I don't know what sort of rate the big retailers have to pay their bankers to pay in cash, but for SME's it's a big

bone of contention.

I know of firms that are charged 60p per £100 for paying cash into their own account. Scandalous.

They do everything to reduce this unfair charge including paying suppliers in cash, offering cash-back to customers etc.

Banks are squeezing every business for every pound they can.

:(

Every 100 over 3k a month is 50p for me and the twa"t`s wat payment if I want change (coin`s) of them

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410