House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBdamo

How Some Respond To Police Brutality

Any idea which country this is? Authority slowly losing respect. Check out the guy who trips over his own feet 42 seconds in. Wouldn't want him next to me in the trenches.:-)

When The Police protect the interests of Fascist corporations, its what they deserve.

Very dumb beating the guy up in front of all the fans.

:blink: Shouldn't that read; Very dumb beating the guy up at all?

Any idea which country this is? Authority slowly losing respect. Check out the guy who trips over his own feet 42 seconds in. Wouldn't want him next to me in the trenches.:-)

It's Geneva in Switzerland. The police are Swiss. The match was against a Portuguese team, one of whose fans was prematurely celebrating the away team's victory at the 90th minute. Obviously the other Portuguese fans didn't take kindly to the police treatment of their compatriot!

Edit: I found out that from a German-commentated clip. Somehow I don't think they'll be showing that on the BBC - wouldn't want to start giving people ideas...

It's Geneva in Switzerland. The police are Swiss. The match was against a Portuguese team, one of whose fans was prematurely celebrating the away team's victory at the 90th minute. Obviously the other Portuguese fans didn't take kindly to the police treatment of their compatriot!

Edit: I found out that from a German-commentated clip. Somehow I don't think they'll be showing that on the BBC - wouldn't want to start giving people ideas...

A bit of digging reveals this was a game from 2004, Etoile Carouge VS. Benfica Lissabon. Still, good to see it's still getting an airing, might keep the authorities on their toes.

Very dumb beating the guy up in front of all the fans.

And in front of one of the most televised places in the country. It says something about the "nothing can touch us" mentality of police that they were not even deterred.

Guest unfunded_liability

Had to post another shocking example of police brutality: