House Price Crash Forum

Footage Of The Riots

Darkman

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Would 3 x as many police stood their ground ?

No. You need soldiers to do that. Soldiers are also trained in restraining themselves and not 'losing the heid'. The police these days are too soft and psychologically hamstrung by the P.C. culture.:ph34r:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

No. You need soldiers to do that. Soldiers are also trained in restraining themselves and not 'losing the heid'. The police these days are too soft and psychologically hamstrung by the P.C. culture.:ph34r:

I think you're thinking about decades ago.

For modern military think that shower of sh1t the Iranian Navy picked up.

Footage is pretty scary all quite Assault On Precinct 13

HOLA4411

I can't help feeing that someone from on one side or the other is going to get killed soon. If the police had been blocked from their retreat what then ?

That woolwich one looked like the police were trying to draw them into something. Probably a couple dozen more hiding up a couple of alleys ready to encircle any rioters foolish enough to advance far enough. Looked like whoever was running that group of rioters knew what they were doing and pulled them back in time.

Note the secondary cordon of normal coppers guarding the back.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

And this one shows the sheer numbers the police were up against...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5edeXXEN0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I saw this the other night when it was suggested that it was Liverpool on SKY News. The police may have literally been outnumbered but I don't think the situation was as grave as it was made out to be. There's probably 40-50 people there and eight police with another eight down the road. Only a small number of the crowd will be proactive in doing anything, the rest just there for the ride. If those eight police had stood them up none of them would have continued for fear of receiving a baton to the head. The problem is though you then don't have the man power to do anything at that point and the cycle starts again.

Failing that the shouts of 'withdraw' and 'get back' in the first thirty seconds would suggest it was an orderly retreat.

Archived