House Price Crash Forum

Pensioners Should Drink Less

HOLA441
I am 80 tomorrow. I dislike beer; spirits make me drunk. I follow the French custom of drinking good wine (I prefer red) of about 13% alcohol. Two glasses of this, with a meal, and perhaps another glass to follow, does help me cope with being widowed, arthritic, deaf, and using a heart pace-maker, without getting drunk. I'm aiming for 100. If I don't make it, the journey will have been quite OK.

Upsetting sad.gif

HOLA442
They also want GPs to screen every person over the age of 65 for substance misuse, along with health campaigns around drugs and alcohol specifically targeting older people.

Over my dead body!

I keep away from doctors as much as possible because of this sort of crap. Dentists too.

HOLA443

Ah - these wonderful figures of 21 units for males and 14 units for females. Figures that were made up by sticking their finger in the air. Yet decades later still get bandied abuot liek gospel all over this country.

HOLA444

Bloody busybodies, I'm not 65 yet but this sort of well meaning meddling really gets my goat :angry:.

I've just opened a nice bottle of white wine to wash down the lobster who's about to go into the pot. If I want to drink a bottle or two of wine who's business is that other than mine.

I do lots of things that could shorten my life, to paraphrase Ed Balls and Metallica, "So ****ing what".

HOLA445
HOLA446

Bloody busybodies, I'm not 65 yet but this sort of well meaning meddling really gets my goat :angry:.

I've just opened a nice bottle of white wine to wash down the lobster who's about to go into the pot. If I want to drink a bottle or two of wine who's business is that other than mine.

I do lots of things that could shorten my life, to paraphrase Ed Balls and Metallica, "So ****ing what".

whats for pudding Bruce, breastmilk ice cream :P

HOLA447
Guest eight

Over my dead body!

I keep away from doctors as much as possible because of this sort of crap. Dentists too.

I have no problems with my teeth until I visit the dentist.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Cynical but, is it because they don't want people to pickle their brains or harm themselves having a bit of enjoyment in later life so as not to be a burden or cost to the country in later life. :unsure:

Society is obsessed with prolonging life to the exclusion of all else.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Archived