Are The Taliban Mentally Sick?

SHERWICK

HOLA441
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Injin, I find this a very disturbing and worrying post.

No one who genuinely believed in God would abuse a child.

And if you have issues with this you would be far better looking for answers elsewhere.

In my experience internet forums are not good for anyones mental health.

:(

If you believe in god you are insane.

Insane people do indeed abuse children.

It's a cycle.

And if you don't think internet forums are good fo rmental health, it's time you buggered off.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Edit: Actually no, I just cannot have a serious discussion about religion or god as both are make believe.

Well this is a strange position to take IMO

Given that the greatest minds that have ever lived spent a good deal of their time thinking about precisely these issues.

Of course that was before daytime TV was invented.

:blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest eight

Yes but what is and is not fact is open to debate.

Therefore facts can hardly be the 'answer'

:)

Going for a walk now.

The non-existence of "god" is a fact. Unless you can prove otherwise?

eight

HOLA448

eight

So because we are currently unable to prove alien life exists on other planets

it is therefore a fact that alien life does not exist.

I will give you 8 out of 100 for logic.

And thats for putting your name on the paper.

Next question.

:P

HOLA449

Its how politics works as well.

Genital mutiliation is wrong and I dont care what any religious follower says to justify it, if "GOD" existed he/she/it/they would have made you minus your genital skin.

Religion is the biggest hoax perpetuated on mankind consistently throughout history around the world to benefit the few.

I'm with the Archbishop of Canterbury on this one.

I have no idea if God really exists or not but from an intellectual point of view I find the idea of God has much to recomend it.

The evidence suggests that the only societies where people are in anyway decent to each other is those where people believe in a God of some sort.

Godless societies tend to treat their citizens as disposable commodities.

HOLA4410

I disagree, have you forgotten WW2 and other wars/conflicts?

Have you got any evidence to back up your statement?

Did the Nazi's believe in God?

Edited to say that perhaps he did.

Although I find it hard to rationalise how someone who genuinely believed in God would explain gassing millions of Jews to the Almighty.

My guess is that Hitler decided believing in God was politically convenient - since his communist enemies were atheists.

HOLA4411

eight

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing." - Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Some might aruge that proof is all around.

HOLA4412

Hitler has Jewish DNA in him http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1305414/Hitler-descended-Jews-Africans-DNA-tests-reveal.html and its the US who first looked into this as his mum or gran was a parlour girl for one of the rothschilds in vienna from memory. He did believe the Aryan race was created by God.

However God doesnt exist becuase of one major slip up. The OT is polytheistic, yet todays interpretation of christionaity is one of monotheism.

Therefore God doesnt exists but gods might have existed and then you could intepret gods as aliens. :)

Yes but as we cannot prove aliens exist then they don't exist apparently ;)

So where does that leave us?

HOLA4413

Religion is cherished by people because it tends to provide a system that kind of works, and that is what people don't want to give up, no matter what their skyfaery is called. And no, most people are not stupid enough to believe crazy rubbish, but aren't going to argue with stuff that just works nicely either. Remember, something only needs to be sustainable, it doesn't have to be good for the individual at all, not even for the community either -- it just has to be 'good enough'.

And people get used to things being just that way, lots of people in our society are stressed because there is no tradition left because we modernised everything, but yet, most people insist that even the craziest habits and ideas are enhancing their life quality, even when it's obvious that it isn't.

The Taliban seem crazy but actually only act within what their system makes possible. And their core system is this:

One man owns as many wives as he can afford, and this usually starts later in life around middle age. So, that leaves many young batchelors, quite a few old ones too.

Children are the only pension a man has -- girls bring new family ties and bride money, boys cement power or can be sold into indenture or otherwise help the clan in it's business -- in essence they are surplus males and disposable for society, only a 1/3rd of males are needed in a 1-4 polygamy.

A man can own 4 women, and I let you do the math on how to breed them profitably if you wanted to. That doesn't mean that all those people do it or even like this system, but some people are, and there are also tough choices to be made and more than one guy found himself selling his son for Bachi Bazi in order to pay for a doctor for a family member, or because it was the least evil choice he could make tactically in a bad situation, remember, customs there has children as payment for all sorts of things. Of course some men like to become immortal and aim to build themselves entire clans that are in essence empires.

This is a societal pattern you can see in a few societies (not only Muslims) and normally, when you have a high child mortality and much warring due to scarcity of resources, this is not a bad survival arrangement -- rich old men don't fight anymore and so the number of widows and the mayhem that results when you introduce matchmaking of young adults into a society all don't create more problems, and the production of young Afghans can proceed as safely as can be arranged in such a hostile world.

This system also predates Islam, have a look here for some interesting historical stuff on how people have organised the breeding system and thus their society: http://librivox.org/sketches-of-the-fair-sex-by-anonymous/

So are the Taliban crazy people? Well yes, because their system is crazy, but just like with us, it's a maelstrom and drags you along no matter what, and so, you have to play the ghastly game whether you want to or not.

It's an amazing problem, best admired from a safe distance.

HOLA4414

Who've the Amish been blowing up lately?

Do the Amish blow people up?

I had no idea. I thought they all got together and built a barn in a day, and then Meryl Streep serves luscious food and drink in the evening, while they all dance under the new building.

Damn..how could I get it so wrong?

HOLA4415

I think you may eventually come to realise this is actually the only way to get human beings to leave each other in peace.

Humans need a 'God' - it is part of being human.

And those who say they do not believe in 'God' merely create their own God's instead.

Personally I don't have the answer either way - but it is very simplistic to blame all the 'evils' of the World on a belief in God when Godless societies behave even worse.

It is also a mistake to confuse a belief in God with Religion as many people who believe in God see religion as humans subverting a belief in 'God' to achieve their own political ends.

Why do you need to believe in anything? What you observe is only due to the physical laws measurable within the constraint of this tiny spec floating around in the Universe.

There is no god, there never has been a god and there never will be a god. Miracles don't happen.

Cast off your shackles and start living a more honest life, and leave others alone to live theirs.

Humns would be much happier without god.

HOLA4416

Getting back to the original point:

If I had to endure American soldiers killing my fellow Brits, and their drones sending missiles that you cannot hear or see killing innocents, I reckon I'd get mentally sick, grab a gun and start shooting back.

The Americans have become the thugs of the World.......for now.

HOLA4417

Why do you need to believe in anything? What you observe is only due to the physical laws measurable within the constraint of this tiny spec floating around in the Universe.

There is no god, there never has been a god and there never will be a god. Miracles don't happen.

Cast off your shackles and start living a more honest life, and leave others alone to live theirs.

Humns would be much happier without god.

I would leave people alone if they would leave me alone

Surely that is the problem.

And if humans were much happier without God - why has every human society that every exsisted invented one?

This is a question that is worth thinking about IMO

HOLA4418

If I had to endure American soldiers killing my fellow Brits, and their drones sending missiles that you cannot hear or see killing innocents, I reckon I'd get mentally sick, grab a gun and start shooting back.

Yes Americas time as the dominant World power is limited.

I give them 1 to 2 hundred years max.

HOLA4419

They were barking mad before that, though it doesn't help.

HOLA4420

And if humans were much happier without God - why has every human society that every exsisted invented one?

This is a question that is worth thinking about IMO

It has been thought about before and has been answered, the reason society invents god is simple:

Control!

HOLA4421
Guest eight

So because we are currently unable to prove alien life exists on other planets

it is therefore a fact that alien life does not exist.

I will give you 8 out of 100 for logic.

And thats for putting your name on the paper.

Next question.

:P

And that's your incontrovertible evidence for the existence of god, is it?

eight

HOLA4422

Hmm... allow me to rephrase this for you:

"If I had to endure Muslims killing my fellow Brits, and their send their Jihadis exploding missiles that you cannot hear or see killing innocents, I reckon I'd get mentally sick, grab a gun and start shooting back.

The Muslims have become the thugs of the World.......for now."

And for good measure, you can actually swap the 'Brits' for 'Muslims' because Jihadis mainly kill other Muslims.

The problem the Taliban have is that they have a society system that results in 2/3rds of all males being surplus to requirements. Their life is not worth anything in that society, which has managed to enslave almost everyone bar a few old men who breed their own families for profit like other people would breed farm animals. So, a man has to 'beat' 2 other guys to procreate... that requirement sure is going to select 'winners' indeed.

And that is why people get so angry when their children want to leave this system -- because in essence their kids end up 'thieving' their pension from them, there are often considerable tax-free lump sums involved.

Always follow the money, and no the Taliban are not mentally sick but entirely rational in economical terms within the crazy system in which rules they are entrapped in. Even if they wanted to, the generation that breaks the vicious circle (if it can be done) will be paying dearly for it. A bit like with our society, where currently the new generation coming up is getting fleeced by their elders and stiffed by their children as no-one will be able to keep to the old generational contract, even since the women stopped doing the donkey's work to honour it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

How else do uneducated people deal with catastrophic events like the earthquake in Japan or Spain, Volcanoes, or any othe natural disaster or even trying to understand human behaviour like the violent/sexual urges created by testostorone.

IMO I think we or some of us are getting to the enlightened stage of knowledge like the stem cell technology for example.

Put another way, knowing what we know about evolution and the different versions of humans like Neanderthals for example, could this be an evolved human from the future who have genetically modified and thus evolved and perhaps even harnessed the ability to travel through time? ;)

alien.jpg

Likewise if this story http://defensetech.org/2008/07/25/nasa-naut-claims-alien-coverup/ and my suggestion above is true, would aliens also have the technology to seek out individuals to help drive the human race in the right direction avoiding any paradoxes whilst not neccesarily trusting some or all Govts. Lets face it we cant even stop the religious infighting amongst ourselves why would the state declare the existance of any aliens (if true)? ;)

Do you believe that life exists on other planets?

Because we certainly cannot prove this one way or the other at the moment.

My own feeling is that intelligent life must exist elsewhere in the universe

But we are unlikely ever to meet them.

Archived