House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Are The Taliban Mentally Sick?

Just wondering, are the Taliban mentally sick?

Much like the American fundies of course, and others elsewhere.

Well obviously.

Fearing giant invisible people are watching you at all times isn't a great sign of mental health.

Well obviously.

Fearing giant invisible people are watching you at all times isn't a great sign of mental health.

What happens to these types of mentally sick people in an Injin world?

they take over and force everyone to follow their sick lifestyle or die a horrible death.

Who've the Amish been blowing up lately?

They all co-operate peacefully and live happily ever after?

:blink:

Well obviously.

Heh you should try being Chinese, there is a common belief in ancestor worship, whereby your ancestors will make sure your life goes well. The problem is they accept no blame for when things go badly either.

Also when you're having a hand shandy it is quite possible to feel a w@nk seance going on as your think your dead relatives are watching you in disgust.

They are just everyday human beings behaving like human beings have since recorded history began.

In 'civilised' societies, individuals within society are conditioned to understand that if they step out of line they will be on the receiving end of state violence so they behave.

The surplus then produced by such 'civilised' societies is used to wage war against less 'civilised' societies which, although far more violent on an interpersonal level are unable to compete.

Thus we move to a world free of violence by using violence to wipe out all the violent people.

Well obviously.

I think you may eventually come to realise this is actually the only way to get human beings to leave each other in peace.

Humans need a 'God' - it is part of being human.

And those who say they do not believe in 'God' merely create their own God's instead.

Personally I don't have the answer either way - but it is very simplistic to blame all the 'evils' of the World on a belief in God when Godless societies behave even worse.

It is also a mistake to confuse a belief in God with Religion as many people who believe in God see religion as humans subverting a belief in 'God' to achieve their own political ends.

:)

I think you may eventually come to realise this is actually the only way to get human beings to leave each other in peace.

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer" ("If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him") Voltaire

BTW I don't blame them sometimes as the world as we see it is filled with injustices and it is pretty bleak. The sense of a deity type thing introduces a sense of justice into their belief systems.

I've said it a few times myself, I sometimes which there was a god of some kind so that all the nasty people of the world get their comeuppance..... unfortunately there isn't.

BTW I don't blame them sometimes as the world as we see it is filled with injustices and it is pretty bleak. The sense of a deity type thing introduces a sense of justice into their belief systems.

Anyone who thinks that an answer to bleakness and injustice is to create even more by blowing up people who aren't personally the ones giving you grief has some serious mental problems. I really, really hope that you do blame them. That's not the same as being able to see (or not) why they do what they do.

I'm on about religion in general, rather than people who blow other people up (of ALL kinds).

People constanly confuse a belief in God with religion.

The two things are completely seperate.

People currently blowing themselves up are waging a political war in the name of religion.

I'm on about religion in general, rather than people who blow other people up (of ALL kinds).

The actual content of the religious loonies beliefs might be different from place to place, but the way they hold the beliefs is pretty consistent.

Mostly caused by child abuse.

The reason people recreate the abuse they suffered on other is to find someone who can fix it so they can copy them.

"The Taliban" is just another name for the pashtun tribes of Afghanistan, their religious mania is a result of Saudi missionaries sent there to spread their Wahhabi control agenda, in return for Saudi financing and probably some Pakistani influence as well. The fight in Afghanistan is all tribal.

Belief in God is part of human nature - Oxford study

Humans are naturally predisposed to believe in gods and life after death, according to a major three-year international study.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8510711/Belief-in-God-is-part-of-human-nature-Oxford-study.html

People constanly confuse a belief in God with religion.

The two things are completely seperate.

People currently blowing themselves up are waging a political war in the name of religion

Read my post again, "blowing other people up."

I.e. bombing people from airplanes is not really that much different to blowing people up close. The result is the same lots of broken humans scattered all over the place.

The actual content of the religious loonies beliefs might be different from place to place, but the way they hold the beliefs is pretty consistent.

Mostly caused by child abuse.

The reason people recreate the abuse they suffered on other is to find someone who can fix it so they can copy them.

Injin, I find this a very disturbing and worrying post.

No one who genuinely believed in God would abuse a child.

And if you have issues with this you would be far better looking for answers elsewhere.

In my experience internet forums are not good for anyones mental health.

:(

No one who genuinely believed in God would abuse a child.

Ok explain circumcison..... Jewish/Islam and Americans and wherever Americans have spread their church (i.e. Korea) partake in genital mutilation of their youth. A knife near my ****? You tried that I'd punch you out..... but of course babies and young children cannot protest with any meaningful effect.

I think Injin is right tbh, as there are all sorts of messed up practices around the world, like female genital mutilation. Whereby mothers allow their daughters to have it done to them because they had it done to them too. AFAIK there is no religious underpinning of this

Nonsense.

All humans believe in something

the only question is, does worshiping Kim Il Sung or Stalin result in a better society than believing in 'God'

As far as I am aware history shows that Godless societies put an extremely low value on human life and liberty.

Ok explain circumcison..... Jewish/Islam and Americans and wherever Americans have spread their church (i.e. Korea) partake in genital mutilation of their youth. A knife near my ****? You tried that I'd punch you out..... but of course babies and young children cannot protest with any meaningful effect.

I think Injin is right tbh, as there are all sorts of messed up practices around the world, like female genital mutilation. Whereby mothers allow their daughters to have it done to them because they had it done to them too. AFAIK there is no religious underpinning of this

What has genital mutilation got to do with a belief in 'God'?

Christians don't require these practices and they believe in the same 'God' as Jews and Moslems.

And those who say they do not believe in 'God' merely create their own God's instead.

Personally I don't have the answer either way - but it is very simplistic to blame all the 'evils' of the World on a belief in God when Godless societies behave even worse.

It is also a mistake to confuse a belief in God with Religion as many people who believe in God see religion as humans subverting a belief in 'God' to achieve their own political ends.

:)

I think that is just propaganda put about by the insecure individuals that need a God.Some of us have evolved.