House Price Crash Forum

Ryanair Rip Off Ruled Illegal

copydude

HOLA441

Even Monarch had those £9 to pay with credit card, £5 to pay with debit card. I chose paypal instead which cost me nothing but cost Monarch 6% :lol:

Got my Car Tax renewal through the post yesterday, £2.50 for Credit Card payment, free Debit Card.....for now!

Thin end of the wedge if you ask me.

HOLA442

Got my Car Tax renewal through the post yesterday, £2.50 for Credit Card payment, free Debit Card.....for now!

Thin end of the wedge if you ask me.

That's always been the case for as long as I've been renewing my car tax online (which is for as long as I can remember and at least since the early '00s). Actually I think it's sensible, because it discourages people from putting routine bills onto credit card debt. I'm sure that isn't the reason they do it, though.

HOLA443

That's always been the case for as long as I've been renewing my car tax online (which is for as long as I can remember and at least since the early '00s). Actually I think it's sensible, because it discourages people from putting routine bills onto credit card debt. I'm sure that isn't the reason they do it, though.

The charge to the retailer for processing payment via credit card is a percentage (about 0.75% I think) of the cost, whereas for a debit card it is a fixed amount (8.5p I think?). Hence for anything more than than a few pounds it is better for the retailer to encourage debit card.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Ryanair won't give a toss.

There are always more and more herds of people ready to be duped by £1 flights or whatever.

The total snob in me refuses to fly Ryanair anyway. Last thing I want to do is spend a few hours on a Ryanair plane because you'll be mixing with the type of people who fly Ryanair. Eugh.

Exactly - Ryanair will just quit Spain and the Spanish will be the loser from the loss of international flights and cheap internal ones. Ryanair aren't great - but Iberia are appalling.

Ryanair are a private company - and I have no problem with their rules. No one is forced to fly with them as you say!

HOLA446

Thats going some on a bike.

Even doing 150mph in a car on open roads requires huge amounts of concentration due to having to be so vigilant for those who pull out without looking and having to hit the anchors double quick to avoid stacking into the back of them.

I don't recommend it either and its only occasionally possible due to traffic. It does have the effect of making motorways interesting as you are constantly turning. Traffic is less of an issue on a bike as you can go between vehicle lanes as a last resort as terrifying for everyone, I should think.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I don't recommend it either and its only occasionally possible due to traffic. It does have the effect of making motorways interesting as you are constantly turning. Traffic is less of an issue on a bike as you can go between vehicle lanes as a last resort as terrifying for everyone, I should think.

A hypertourer like a Hayabusa, Blackbird or ZZR1400 is useful for Russia. There are deadly long boring straight sections that take DAYS to ride through it feels like you aren't moving. There are some stretches on the amur which could easily take 300mph.

HOLA449

A Ural 600 is what you need to bike around Russia.

Ural-Patrol-T-1-800x600.jpg

When I worked in Moscow, one of the office guys bought one, brand new, for £600 then sent it back to the UK in one of the empty trucks.

However, when he got it back, DVLA would not register it because the sidecar was on the wrong side of the bike.

He looked into having the sidecar cut off and welded to the opposite side, but if you look at the photograph below you can see that the sidecar was designed to sit on the right of the bike and that there is a driveshaft powering the sidecar's wheel.

carb-check.jpg

He then looked at having the sidecar cut off and running it as a solo motorbike, but because it was designed as a combination, the bike was slightly offset compared to its wheels and it would be impossible to balance on it.

HOLA4410

I don't have a problem with Ryanair. Used them various times and few issues.

Not sure about the boss though. Half the time I see him on TV I think he makes very good points - and the other half I think he seems like cockend of the century !

HOLA4411

Not sure about the boss though. Half the time I see him on TV I think he makes very good points - and the other half I think he seems like cockend of the century !

He just seems like every other Irish pikey I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, except that he has some aeroplanes.

HOLA4412

He just seems like every other Irish pikey I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, except that he has some aeroplanes.

Seems a sharp pikey though. And likes to get it up the authorities - which I do like to see.

HOLA4413

Seems a sharp pikey though. And likes to get it up the authorities - which I do like to see.

They all like to get it up the authorities, that's why they don't pay road tax and steal manhole covers. He is just a more monied version.

HOLA4414

However, when he got it back, DVLA would not register it because the sidecar was on the wrong side of the bike.

You can drive a LHD car in the UK. What's the difference?

I discovered the other day that you can't use a right-hand drive car in Ukraine, though it's OK Russia.

BTW, How long ago were these bikes just £600? (now 30,000 roubles)

HOLA4415

You can drive a LHD car in the UK. What's the difference?

I discovered the other day that you can't use a right-hand drive car in Ukraine, though it's OK Russia.

BTW, How long ago were these bikes just £600? (now 30,000 roubles)

Not sure what the DVLA's reasons are, but they wouldn't register it for that reason... I don't know when the Ukraine thing came in but I have been to Ukraine in a RHD truck, this was back in the mid 1990s though, which was the same time the Ural was bought.

HOLA4416

Not sure what the DVLA's reasons are, but they wouldn't register it for that reason... I don't know when the Ukraine thing came in but I have been to Ukraine in a RHD truck, this was back in the mid 1990s though, which was the same time the Ural was bought.

EDIT I'm sure it must be more than 30,000 roubles,

30 000 Russian rubles = 628.487316 British pounds

HOLA4417

EDIT I'm sure it must be more than 30,000 roubles,

I just it looked it up on the net.

The model you posted is the 'Sportsman' - apparently, the perfect bike for waterlogged river banks :)

List price appears to be 143,300 roubles (Just over 3k)

It's certainly cool, though.

LINK

Archived