House Price Crash Forum

Kirsty Allsop Rambles Again...

HOLA441

Well, it's been a while since Kirsty was able to milk some of her "celeb" status, it seems we should all feel relieved that such a wonderful hard working "celeb" that we all look up to for her knowledge of the "property industry" has to employ a cleaner, a PA and two..yes count them two nannies! :rolleyes:

If you are interested in the one trick ponies latest waffle in the Daily Hate you can click Here

Miss Allsopp, who has been an adviser to the Conservative Party on housing issues, has also called for tougher action against residents who do not look after their council houses.

She said: 'If you're taking something from the state then you have a responsibility to your neighbourhood.

'In terms of local authority accommodation, we need more of it, but need to be tougher on people who don't look after it.

Well isn't it nice, not only is she the advisor to the ConDems for housing, after all Kirsty *is* the expert isn't she, she has all these qualifications on it from an accredited University doesn't she..doesn't she? But, she also wishes to inform the lesser orders in a national newspaper that they should look after the council houses they have been lucky enough to be provided! What little council accomodation is left ,thanks to the various property parasites that deem to suck the life blood out of civilisation and leaving generations of people at the mercy of the land owning classes, of which her daddy is one, for want of affordable housing made even more unaffordable by the likes of Kirsty the Property Clown and her ramping!

Words really do fail me, having Kirsty advise on housing is like having Gordon Brown advising on the economy.... :blink:

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA442
HOLA443

People will never give a crap about houses they don't own outright. If it falls down you just move onto the next one so why spend money, time and effort looking after it.

Plus scummers will always be scummers.

People who don't give a crap never will regardless. I rent but look after the place because I don't want to live in a messy run-down pigsty. If you don't mind living in squalor what difference will it make if you own it? It's the nature of the person more than the place they live in.

HOLA444

People will never give a crap about houses they don't own outright. If it falls down you just move onto the next one so why spend money, time and effort looking after it.

??? Depends on the individual. Most will take care of 'their' council houses, especially if they know they'll be there for a good number of years while a few will actively try to destroy them. Those people who are 'mental' will destroy anything whether they own it or not.

Personally I'd be in favour of a new kind of government housing where the council supplies a shell and 10 or 15k would be required by new tenants to fit out. Tenants would be responsible for all repairs but would pay a very low rent. Would anyone be interested if such estates were built?

Btw I wonder where Kirsty gets her info on council estates...Google Street?

HOLA445
HOLA446

Yes, "housing adviser". Truly shocking and lost the "condoms" the ounce of credibility they had.

I seem to recall an article where Kirstie testily denied any role with the Cons in the govt we now have, but I can't trace it. About nine months back?

HOLA447
HOLA448

I disagree. I live in a housing association property, I constantly clean it, everything has been painted, I have furnished it, I continue to rent the carpets as I think it would be a waste to get rid of them (even though I have my own). I'm planning on converting the loft to make extra living space (however I'm concerned if I do so with permission I could be kicked out as it would become 2 bed and I'm only entitled to one).

I look after my property, I have the Right to Buy and I think the Right to Buy should be removed.

HOLA449

I disagree. I live in a housing association property, I constantly clean it, everything has been painted, I have furnished it, I continue to rent the carpets as I think it would be a waste to get rid of them (even though I have my own). I'm planning on converting the loft to make extra living space (however I'm concerned if I do so with permission I could be kicked out as it would become 2 bed and I'm only entitled to one).

I look after my property, I have the Right to Buy and I think the Right to Buy should be removed.

I'm not so against RTB IF the receipts are used to build more houses.

For example, if I bought this place, the rigged market price (untenanted price) might be 130K but I might have to pay 100k with the discount. If this 100k was used to build two 'properties' (at government wholesale prices!) and so increase the housing stock this would be agood thing. Looks like the reforms of the 20th included the government collecting 100% of RTB receipts (up from 75%) I wonder why?

I'm quite happy to keep the RTB, good to have that as an option as this place could be sold off to a rubbishy HA if our council had its way.

Edited by council dweller

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

If you were her you would read what's being written about you here wouldn't you, just out of curiosity? :D

Well, in that case....

"if you are taking something from the state" ??

The term is renting, when you leave the house still belongs to the state. If you rent a car from Avis you are not taking something from Avis unless you steal the floor mats or something.

I hope that helps.

HOLA4412

What, realistically, can the govt do?

Theyre in a council house because they have nowhere else to go, which means, rightly or wrongly, the council has a duty to provide shelter for them. Its a house so installing CCTV inside it to prove who actually did the damage is unworkable, so it cant be proved who did the damage.

I dont even know if council tenants have to provide some form of damage deposit. I doubt it.

HOLA4413

What, realistically, can the govt do?

I dont even know if council tenants have to provide some form of damage deposit. I doubt it.

No there's no deposit.

I have suggested a new kind of council housing where new tenants fit out shells provided by LA. A sum of say 15 or 20k would be needed. Rents would only need to be ground rent and shell rent. The tenancy could then be sold on at a maximum price of say 10k.

Btw, this estate has none of the problems suffered by DM estates!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415