House Price Crash Forum

Hang Out The Bunting! Let The Trumpets Play!

HOLA441

1- Trevor McDonald's 'reposession' special.

2- The "BTL is over" article in today's times.

3- The headline in the FT about 0% HPI in the last year.

All this bad news, in major media outlets on the SAME day!

Am I reading too much into this or is this really very significant.

After Halifax's 1.6% increase in August I expected a torrent of bullish articles to be in the media and I am happy to see I couldnt have been more wrong. I've never been more optimistic about the pessimism in the media about the market. Fantastic!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

After Halifax's 1.6% increase in August I expected a torrent of bullish articles to be in the media and I am happy to see I couldnt have been more wrong. I've never been more optimistic about the pessimism in the media about the market. Fantastic!

Expect some heavy spinning by Halifax in the Sundays, we've already had "College towns actually rise slower than general HPI" and "Countryside house prices will not be affected by complicated and expensive to run SIPP's" :huh:

HOLA446

hope so. i was a little downcast by the halifax report and the interest rate decision.....for about two seconds i considered the possibility that gordon brown et al had everything under control and that i was in with a rum crowd of pessimists at HPC.

turned out to be just a blip. happy again now. :P

HOLA447
HOLA448
Add "So you think your a property developer" and

"The property (ball and) chain" programmes.

Genuine paydirt in about a month I reckon... just wait for those slimy EA calls... "are you still interested?"

had a call from EA yesterday. told them to save their stamps and photocopier toner and take me off their mailing list as they'll need to cut their costs in every way they can.

HOLA449

Keep it in your trousers for a bit longer Donnie, the meedja tend to go one way then the other in order to keep us all interested. :(

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

halifax look like chumps stepping forward when everyone else took a step back.

suckers......

pretty soon we should see some credibility bashing as the former VIs attempt to shed blame amongst themselves. halifax should get a bloody nose.

and the bbc deserve a kick in the goolies...

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What a shame that the reduced stickers have gone, it was about 20% of properties in my neck of the woods. Very clear evidence of a turn down. Plug must have been pulled by the EA backers of Rightmove.

The owners of rightmove seem very sanguine about prices (obviously depend on sales for commission income) and the downturn in sales comes at a very bad time for a company trying to value itself for an IPO. But clearly the EA's had been rather startled. Poor dears.

HOLA4415