PJ1977

HOLA441
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

willie yadayada etc - I agree

funnily when I first moved to NI i didnt really take much interest in NI politics , I'm more interested in UK and Global politics/affairs.

However I have got more interested as the years have passed. Mainly because it always amazes me what the politicians over here are allowed to get away with.

These are things no MP in the mainland would ever get away with as good investigative journalists ( think telegraph , times , guardian ) would dig dig and dig . If the likes of Robinson and his wife were Tory MPs in England they would of been thrown out the party and voted out by their constituents years ago. Instead Iris leaves with god knows how much in the bank and a 840k pension pot. How much is in Peters Pot ????!!!!!!!!!!!!

they would of been booted out at the time of the expenses scandal. Unfortunately in NI the people continue to vote these money grabbing dinosaurs back in time and time again.

At the last election I couldn't vote for the party who most align with my own economic views due to the perceived level of corruption i associated with that party and other factors such as the way they treat people of a different races/religion/sexuality etc , that perception of corruption has multiplied in recent weeks !!

There are MPs in NI who claim the biggest expenses of any of the 650 MPs. There are MPs in NI who claim huge expenses and have never once sat in the houses of Parliament.

An MP should always a great person, a person of principles, not someone in it for ££££ .People like Charles Kennedy whos only interest was not self interest but the interest of his constituents and people in general

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

HOLA443
HOLA444

just off to place a bet in Sean Grahams on whos the next NI first minister !

Got a tip? I hear from an unreliable source that a certain Mr Nesbitt is looking very cheerful these days.

Wouldn't it be satisfying to take some money from Mr graham?

Edited by yadayada

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I would confidently say that Ireland North&South has one of the most corrupt [/size]set of [/size]politicians in Europe. [/size]silvio-berlusconi
I would confidently say that Ireland North&South has one of the most corrupt [/size]set of [/size]politicians in Europe. [/size]

Silvio Berlusconi might take issue with that.

I have been involved briefly in a few other parts of Europe and honestly we have no idea here what curation is. In many countries even to get a permit to park lorries on the footpath requires several hundred euros to a number of officials' getting a water connection likewise never mind planning.

In 20 years here the only times I was asked for anything was protection rackets etc.

HOLA449

Well the monied ones developers/fixers/politicians are looking after each other very well while the man in the street gets repossessed and made bankrupt.

A blog named the ones who had feathered their nests and none of them were working class.

You have to understand limited companies and the value of any guaranties associated. Believe me Cerberus are here for nobody but themselves. They will do a deal if they believe that is the best return for them or bust and sell if they believe they will get better that way.

Have you any rough figures to show where you believe any of these developers got off easy or made money in the NAMA/ Cerberus exchange.

HOLA4410

My parents have lived in rural Spain since the late 1990s . It has plenty of corruption at all levels like Italy , Greece and many other countries. It tends to be more obvious corruption tho where you have to bung someone something - lets say 500 euros to get approval for a swimming pool or very similar to the examples you provided BelfastVI.

Over here its long term relationships where the politicians make things very nice for their close circle of property friends - in return for payment at a later day . Lets say for example you make sure a lot of planning permissions are approved for your friends and in return they sell you a piece of land at a later date for £1.

We all know Cerberus are here for nobody but themselves. They are a vulture fund. So why did Peter Robinson suddenly become so keen to let them buy up the NI loan book ??!! Maybe we will find out if these tapes ever see the light of day.....

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

HOLA4411

My parents have lived in rural Spain since the late 1990s . It has plenty of corruption at all levels like Italy , Greece and many other countries. It tends to be more obvious corruption tho where you have to bung someone something - lets say 500 euros to get approval for a swimming pool or very similar to the examples you provided BelfastVI.

Over here its long term relationships where the politicians make things very nice for their close circle of property friends - in return for payment at a later day . Lets say for example you make sure a lot of planning permissions are approved for your friends and in return they sell you a piece of land at a later date for £1.

We all know Cerberus are here for nobody but themselves. They are a vulture fund. So why did Peter Robinson suddenly become so keen to let them buy up the NI loan book ??!! Maybe we will find out if these tapes ever see the light of day.....

The tapes would be interesting.

From what I can work out he was pushing a sale to PIMCO not Cerberus.

The fact was NAMA were worse than useless. They were doing nothing. In the 5 years they were involved I believe they only dealt with one developer who had good assets in London. The rest were in total limbo with NAMA freezing everything. It was in the interest of NI to move it along.

For the life of me I cannot understand why NAMA, or for that matter the original banks couldn't have done, over the last 7 years what Cerberus have done (at a fantastic profit to themselves) over the last 7 months. Wouldn't that profit have been better with the RoI tax payer or the original bank.

There is little talk about our own (tax payer backed) bank UB. It is not mostly big developers loans like NAMA was but made up of small SME's. UB wouldn't do deals with these people at anything under PAR debt (full amount) yet they sold to Cerberus at 16p in the £1.

Cerberus will start to seek 100p in the £1 and take it from those who can pay and something less from others whilst bursting many to get their profit. All that profit goes to their owners in New York , via a Luxenberg tax haven. Why couldn't UB have took this profit for the tax payer.

Anyone who gets out for less that 100%, even if that is more than the market value of their assets will be accused by people who haven't a clue of some seedy sweetheart deal.

I understand one of the names regularly in the media, accused of a sweetheart deal, had no PG's and refinanced some of their loans, at Par, over the last 7 years and paid off the others 100% (inc interest) via natural build out. Some sweetheart deal. NAMA received 100% for some loans and Cerberus, who required others at 38p in £1 received 100p plus interest on the 2 or 3 loans that remained (amounting to several million).

That was one of the 'Sweetheart deals'. I can explain how at least 2 of the others went down and they were anything but simple with Cerberus pushing them to breaking point. Which of course they are entitled to do and will do to all the rest. They will suck the limited wealth right our of the country and God help any politication who tries to intervene.

They have given us a masterclass and will clean £1bn in untaxed profit from two taxpayer bailed out instructions. Unwittingly cheered on by most of the public.

HOLA4412

Well the monied ones developers/fixers/politicians are looking after each other very well while the man in the street gets repossessed and made bankrupt.

A blog named the ones who had feathered their nests and none of them were working class.

Paddy Kearney was so badly hit that he just bought himself a hotel. Blog very interesting yesterday, makes sense & all falling into place now. I have never quite grasped the sentiment that gets these shisters elected over and over. Perhaps the lack of media focus has something to do with it.

HOLA4413

Paddy Kearney was so badly hit that he just bought himself a hotel. Blog very interesting yesterday, makes sense & all falling into place now. I have never quite grasped the sentiment that gets these shisters elected over and over. Perhaps the lack of media focus has something to do with it.

I'm actually gobsmacked that one of the "maple 10" can afford to buy a kitkat let alone a city centre hotel.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I'm actually gobsmacked that one of the "maple 10" can afford to buy a kitkat let alone a city centre hotel.

Why?

Have you information that shows any of the maple 10 lost alot of money via that deal?

The whole fuss about the Maple 10 (share propping) thing is the loans were non-recourse and in my view close to if not illegal actions by the bank to prop its share value. All that means none of them either gained or were out of pocket.

He may have 'bought' an hotel. what he has realy done is refinance a loan at a hair cut roughly level with open market value. Cerberus are happy as this would be above what they bought the (other developer's) loans at from NAMA.

Has the new purchaser put any money in? not sure.

HOLA4416

Why?

Have you information that shows any of the maple 10 lost alot of money via that deal?

The whole fuss about the Maple 10 (share propping) thing is the loans were non-recourse and in my view close to if not illegal actions by the bank to prop its share value. All that means none of them either gained or were out of pocket.

He may have 'bought' an hotel. what he has realy done is refinance a loan at a hair cut roughly level with open market value. Cerberus are happy as this would be above what they bought the (other developer's) loans at from NAMA.

Has the new purchaser put any money in? not sure.

You're explaining why I'm gobsmacked. You feel the same way?

£50 million in Anglo shares FFS. And non recourse. Thus gobsmacked.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4417

The press don't push it enough and the people over here really aren't interested enough IMHO

In the end the people who want to get the info out have to go thru someone like Wallace or Bryson who for his many faults im sure is at least brave ( some will say stupid ) enough to get the stories out there

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The press cant run with stories it cant back up. There is no point in suing the blogger as he has no assets and would love the attention in any case. That's why the press are pushing to get the Blogger into the PAC enquiry. He will be immune there and the press would be able to report on what he says even if it is totally untrue.

The problem is everyone is too willing to believe everything the blogger is saying. We are normally more sceptical here.

However, to give him, or those using him to further their agenda some credit he is promising to produce proof now and that I will enjoy seeing.

Don't get me wrong there is something fishy about the £7m and it needs to be investigated.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
NAMA scandal: Jamie Bryson promises ‘explosive, career-ending evidence’ - 20 August

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/northern-ireland-news/nama-scandal-jamie-bryson-promises-explosive-career-ending-evidence-1-6916357

Mr Bryson, who describes himself as an “anti-Agreement Ulster Protestant” and who came to prominence during the 2013/13 flag protests, has written a string of internet posts about this NAMA affair.

He said he now expects to be sent the Stormont committee’s terms of reference.

He understands the committee will ask him to indicate the relevance of his evidence.

He added: “What I have to say and show will be shocking, explosive and it is no exaggeration to say that it could – and should – end some big political careers.”

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Sorry 2buy - I was engrossed and forgot I had even logged on. Probably get a better overall from the twitter feed & media than I could give. GG Insisted that none of his property companies ever missed or were late with an interest payment but that they were put into Nama because all property companies were. Said FC was still a shareholder in his prop companies and that FC had told him he would destroy his companies. Claimed that illegal business conduct across political, banking and accountancy sectors would be confirmed by thousands of recorded phone calls.

Asked if any NI politicians featured on the recordings GG said "We believe there exists a criminal conspiracy."

There was some initial reluctance from Alliance and DUP to even let GG speak today. They were also against the blogger appearing, although they were outvoted and he will be there next Thursday. The recent blog covered some of what was alluded to today.

https://twitter.com/search?q=gareth%20graham&src=typd

http://www.irishnews.com/news/nama/2015/09/03/news/businessman-gareth-graham-appears-before-stormont-nama-committee-250787/?param=ds441rif44T

Edited by little fish