House Price Crash Forum

Best Unlimited Broadband?

Darkman

HOLA441

Any advice on the best unlimited broadband out there at present?

It has to be totally unlimited because my usage is high.

I have the line with BT and my O2 broadband costs £12 a month. I think that's pretty good.

But is there better out there now?

Oh and I'm going to need a usb mobile net "dongle" for a month I guess. Any advice on those too?

HOLA442

No, there is no advice.

unlimited always has a catch, no such thing.

for dongles, just google the deals as they are always changing,. t-mobile was the best, a year ago they were the cheapest and the only ones to do unlimited on the dongle. dunno about now

HOLA443
HOLA444

O2 and Be are the only two genuinely unlimited apparently. No cap any normal person would ever encounter.

What I'm wondering now is should I get the phone line inclusive with broadband to save money. I suspect BT still has to get involved with line engineers etc.....

HOLA445

talktalk do unlimited upto 24meg for £14.99 (plus normal line rental). Also includes Unlimited, anytime calls to all UK landlines (including 0870/0845 numbers). Ive never had a problem with them, and they have a forum based support system aswell as a telephone based system...

HOLA446

talktalk do unlimited upto 24meg for £14.99 (plus normal line rental). Also includes Unlimited, anytime calls to all UK landlines (including 0870/0845 numbers). Ive never had a problem with them, and they have a forum based support system aswell as a telephone based system...

o2 have always been excellent with me. and getting unlimited broadband for £7.50 per month, with my first three months free was a pretty amazing offer.

Just a shame I had to also pay for a BT line too.

HOLA447

o2 have always been excellent with me. and getting unlimited broadband for £7.50 per month, with my first three months free was a pretty amazing offer.

Just a shame I had to also pay for a BT line too.

We use the free international calls, so thats our main reason. 7.50 a month is pretty good though, it might be worth switching as more people get skype

HOLA448
HOLA449

I have virgin with the cheapest tele package. Quite cheap as I don't maintain a phone line, just cable. Good enough service, occasionally goes down but gets fixed quickly. It is on a par with other packages that mandate a bt landing. Plus got the tv box and wireless router foc. I actually like it more than sky as you get iplayer and the itv and c4 replays.

In terms of shopping around always ring up, I played bt and virgin against each other and got a good deal that did not require paying landline fees.

HOLA4410

I was with Freedom to Surf. AFAIK they are "truly" unlimited. It was fairly expensive but it was worth it...Virtually no down time, and I had a static IP which meant that you connected every time, rather than waiting for an available IP address, like you may do with some cheaper providers..

HOLA4411

I have virgin with the cheapest tele package. Quite cheap as I don't maintain a phone line, just cable. Good enough service, occasionally goes down but gets fixed quickly. It is on a par with other packages that mandate a bt landing. Plus got the tv box and wireless router foc. I actually like it more than sky as you get iplayer and the itv and c4 replays.

In terms of shopping around always ring up, I played bt and virgin against each other and got a good deal that did not require paying landline fees.

I use Virgin too and being in a cable area has its advantages. No landline needed at all. 10Mb connection, £20.50 per month, no limit, at least none I've encountered. Slows to about 7Mb during peak times.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived