House Price Crash Forum

Rolls Royce Cars Flying Of The Shelves- 200% Up

HOLA441

https://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/pressclub/p/rr/pressDetail.html?outputChannelId=4&id=T0082239EN&left_menu_item=node__5450

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced today that continuing strong customer demand for all models has resulted in record production at the company’s manufacturing plant in Goodwood, West Sussex, England.
The company is currently building 15 cars a day, including Phantom and Ghost models, with over 300 cars built in June – both record numbers since the company launched in January 2003. All models are sold out until at least September, with Phantom saloons sold out until October.
Sales in June increased more than fourfold worldwide and in the first half of the year were
up by almost 200%
, compared with the same periods in 2009.
Substantial growth was seen in all regions
, with a particularly strong performance in the APAC region, especially China.

Bankster bonuses, Simon Cowell and Tatmakers all doing well then.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Income inequality is increasing. In particular high incomes are now occurring in countries like China where in the past they would have been frowned upon. The US model of "conspicuous consumption" (showing off to you and me) has now more or less become a worldwide phenomena. Rollers are a bit "naff" IMO, still probably better than the Chinese buying Hummers.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The MD of McClaren on the early morning biz news radio4 today.

Order book full up, dealerships all signed up and ready to go - I imagine in Beverly Hills, Cheshire, Virginia Water, The Hamptons.

http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/insider/archive/2010/07/07/goodwoodfos.aspx

Made in Woking, Paul Weller must be pleased.

HOLA447

Income inequality is increasing. In particular high incomes are now occurring in countries like China where in the past they would have been frowned upon. The US model of "conspicuous consumption" (showing off to you and me) has now more or less become a worldwide phenomena. Rollers are a bit "naff" IMO, still probably better than the Chinese buying Hummers.

Read "The Chinese hound barrier" by Cecil Northcote Parkinson, who wrote "Parkinson's Laws".

The Chinese businessman will pretend to be poor, and cycle on his bike in his vest and shorts until he simply cannot continue this illusion. Whilst people think he is poor, he can negotiate harder, and is less likely to be robbed. Once he passes the "hound barrier", he no longer can conceal his wealth. He then goes on a spree of conspicuous consumption,buys an impressive house, with a large, fenced compound, and a big dog to guard it. Hence - he has broken the "hound barrier". The Ferrari or Roller is the next item to show his wealth.

HOLA448

Read "The Chinese hound barrier" by Cecil Northcote Parkinson, who wrote "Parkinson's Laws".

The Chinese businessman will pretend to be poor, and cycle on his bike in his vest and shorts until he simply cannot continue this illusion. Whilst people think he is poor, he can negotiate harder, and is less likely to be robbed. Once he passes the "hound barrier", he no longer can conceal his wealth. He then goes on a spree of conspicuous consumption,buys an impressive house, with a large, fenced compound, and a big dog to guard it. Hence - he has broken the "hound barrier". The Ferrari or Roller is the next item to show his wealth.

I borrowed my father in laws car to go and visit houses and with the one we bought recently we went to all viewings in it until we had exchanged contracts...we then went in our own car to pick the keys up..the sellers words"if i knew you drove one of those i could of got more out of you"

NEVER give a illusion of wealth when negotiating.. :D

I even arranged the bank account to show just £1000 more than our offer price to let the ea think we had no more money to give... :)

Edited by geoffk

HOLA449

Seen this many times in Asia.

You think the guy you're dealing with is struggling to make ends meet, you even feel sorry for him then realise in truth he's already quietly amassed himself a fortune.

The West has been conditioned to think in directly opposite terms - show off wealth despite being broke and having no entrepreneurial zeal to substantiate the ostentatiousness.

Gratification without the graft - hence the bankrupting of the West.

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA4410
Guest Noodle

You think the guy your dealing with is struggling to make ends meet, you even feel sorry for him then realise in truth he's already quietly amassed himself a fortune.

The West has been conditioned to think in directly opposite terms - show off wealth despite being broke and having no entrepreneurial zeal to substantiate the ostentatiousness.

Just popped round to see Tong, the local shopkeeper. Brand new Hilux Vigo with all the extras, 670,000 Baht. He was chuffed he got it so cheap. :blink:

HOLA4411

You think the guy your dealing with is struggling to make ends meet, you even feel sorry for him then realise in truth he's already quietly amassed himself a fortune.

hmmm I wish you were wrong.

HOLA4412

Said it the other day, indeed started a thread on the subject some weeks ago but alas was told I must be wrong.

Audi and Beamer also doing very nicely, lead times are fecking ridiculous.

The thing you should all be aware of that even in a recession there is money, in a recession it is the none productive or inefficient that gets cut. The efficient, productive and wealthy carry on.

Car companies cut back very quickley at the start of the credit crunch, now demand is clearly picking up they will start meeting the new demand with additional resources.

HOLA4413

I borrowed my father in laws car to go and visit houses and with the one we bought recently we went to all viewings in it until we had exchanged contracts...we then went in our own car to pick the keys up..the sellers words"if i knew you drove one of those i could of got more out of you"

NEVER give a illusion of wealth when negotiating.. :D

I even arranged the bank account to show just £1000 more than our offer price to let the ea think we had no more money to give... :)

That post definitely needs to be pinned. Great advice :)

HOLA4414

Said it the other day, indeed started a thread on the subject some weeks ago but alas was told I must be wrong.

Audi and Beamer also doing very nicely, lead times are fecking ridiculous.

The thing you should all be aware of that even in a recession there is money, in a recession it is the none productive or inefficient that gets cut. The efficient, productive and wealthy carry on.

Car companies cut back very quickley at the start of the credit crunch, now demand is clearly picking up they will start meeting the new demand with additional resources.

This is right in a lot of ways. Rich people don't give up their wealth easily; I don't know why people here ever thought they would and they have more power to prevent their demise. The first thing wealthy people do when faced with potential reduction in wealth is to cut back on EVERYthing that won't make them less well off. And that makes other people less well off in the process.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

https://www.press.ro...item=node__5450

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced today that continuing strong customer demand for all models has resulted in record production at the company's manufacturing plant in Goodwood, West Sussex, England.
The company is currently building 15 cars a day
, including Phantom and Ghost models, with over 300 cars built in June – both record numbers since the company launched in January 2003. All models are sold out until at least September, with Phantom saloons sold out until October.
Sales in June increased more than fourfold worldwide and in the first half of the year were
up by almost 200%
, compared with the same periods in 2009.
Substantial growth was seen in all regions
, with a particularly strong performance in the APAC region, especially China.

Bankster bonuses, Simon Cowell and Tatmakers all doing well then.

A 'Rolls Royce' nowadays is merely a rebodied BMW; assembled in the UK, to add a veneer of authenticity to a once great British marque.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I like your signature. Do you intend practising this motto?

Just as soon as I find the 'right' country :)

NB. To keep my sanity, my searches are not limited to this planet

HOLA4423
Guest sillybear2

We should be kind of pleased, we make the damn things, if somebody wants to buy a trophy that depreciates quicker than a falling piano and it provides UK employment then good luck to them, it's better using the money to monopolise assets or land, there's basically no limit to the amount they can build so they're not depriving people of anything (should you win the lottery tomorrow).

HOLA4424
Guest Noodle

Yeah, but how cool will he be rolling down the dirt tracks with the Mor Lam at full volume.

Did he pay cash?

Yep, paid cash. It's these poor Thai's see?

He sells fertiliser, ice cream, Lao Kao and used scooters. Paid 1500 Baht in tax last year.

I don't know how this place really works, still after 9 years. None pay tax. Yet we just had a new road put in between this village and the next, 5km and it's silk smooth . . . with proper lines and everything. The whole place looks better every year with new government buildings and manicured gardens, new hospitals, new roads (this is deepest darkest Issan).

You know, driving into town this week, I could have been in posh Surrey.

Bizarro!

HOLA4425
Guest sillybear2

Yep, paid cash. It's these poor Thai's see?

He sells fertiliser, ice cream, Lao Kao and used scooters. Paid 1500 Baht in tax last year.

I don't know how this place really works, still after 9 years. None pay tax. Yet we just had a new road put in between this village and the next, 5km and it's silk smooth . . . with proper lines and everything. The whole place looks better every year with new government buildings and manicured gardens, new hospitals, new roads (this is deepest darkest Issan).

You know, driving into town this week, I could have been in posh Surrey.

Bizarro!

No roller for you, not with 200% import duties, long live globalisation! :lol: