House Price Crash Forum

Century Fm Issue Of The Day ..

HOLA441

Its in the title really, but todays 'issue' is the trillion ££££££ debt that we are in as a nation, are we too blarse?? ... ek yes!

Century I think is owned by crysalis (sp) which is a large media group, is this item on any other stations does anyone know?

I'm interested in the replies and comments they recieve!

HOLA442
Guest Alright Jack

The money in our economies begins life as a debt. It is just the way it works. Consequently, there is a large amount of 'debt' around.

This shouldn't be viewed as debt was once viewed because it has a totally different meaning in modern economies.

The headline debt figures actually reflect the country's wealth. UK is a very wealthy country and the debt represents overflowing order books for years to come.

This site is comprised of more than a fair share of very wealthy people. Where do you get off? You are doing very well, yet moan that we are in big trouble despite huge personal evidence to the contrary.

Come out come out where ever you are, you are confusing us with your bullsh!t.

HOLA443
The money in our economies begins life as a debt. It is just the way it works. Consequently, there is a large amount of 'debt' around.

This shouldn't be viewed as debt was once viewed because it has a totally different meaning in modern economies.

The headline debt figures actually reflect the country's wealth. UK is a very wealthy country and the debt represents overflowing order books for years to come.

This site is comprised of more than a fair share of very wealthy people. Where do you get off? You are doing very well, yet moan that we are in big trouble despite huge personal evidence to the contrary.

Troll alert! ... or os he just a complete twit ... oh yeah :lol:

HOLA444

Your not very bright are you?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Alright Jack
Are you wealthy ?

I don't give personal information.

All the 'debt' represents an equal and opposite amount of 'wealth'. A trillion pounds of debt also means a trillion pounds of credit.

That is to say, their is no net debt. And wealth is in our ability to produce.

HOLA449
Guest Alright Jack

Has it never crossed your mind that the wealthiest nations in the world have the largest so called 'debts' ?

No sh!t. Debt measures wealth, notwithstanding a tiny minority of people who over consume and default.

HOLA4410
Guest muttley
All the 'debt' represents an equal and opposite amount of 'wealth'. A trillion pounds of debt also means a trillion pounds of credit.

That is to say, their is no net debt. And wealth is in our ability to produce.

Tell that to the bailiffs!

HOLA4411
Guest Alright Jack
it doesnt matter what anyones personal finances amount to. the sad fact is this country cannot house its own bin men unless they submit to massive debt for the same size house as before, only at 3 times the real wage cost.

we are heading for an inflation crisis.

Bin men have no business buying houses in the first place.

I've touched on this before, we are reverting to traditional patterns of low OO. High OO was due to war. The baby boomers restored the population again.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Has it never crossed your mind that the wealthiest nations in the world have the largest so called 'debts' ?

No sh!t. Debt measures wealth, notwithstanding a tiny minority of people who over consume and default.

Right, so if I take out a £50,000 loan from Ocean Finance I'm suddenly wealthy???

If I go on a spending spree and rack up tens of thousands of pounds on a credit card I am wealthy???

The countries with the largest debts in real terms are the ones like Argentina that squandered their loans rather than investing them in productive capacity.

We as a nation are doing the same thing. How much of that trillion pounds of debt has been invested in the creation of wealth, and how much has been squandered buying overpriced houses, DIY, plasma screens etc etc?

HOLA4414

Of course that £1.1 trillion must be taken in the context that the UK is a rich country. That doesn't change the fact that whatever you compare it against -- GDP, average salary, inflation, savings, investments (excepting housing "wealth") -- our debt is more than it has ever been and huge in comparison to many other countries. And it's growing faster than ever.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Alright Jack
Of course that £1.1 trillion must be taken in the context that the UK is a rich country.  That doesn't change the fact that whatever you compare it against -- GDP, average salary, inflation, savings, investments (excepting housing "wealth") -- our debt is more than it has ever been and huge in comparison to many other countries.  And it's growing faster than ever.

Debt and credit are equal and opposite.

Debt growing faster, credit growing faster.

It just represents our ability to produce more. Our credit limit - and ability to pay - is our production limit. This filters through in the form of slowing our personal rates of further consumption to match our personal productive capacity, sometimes slightly easing it back a nudge (recession)

It is no big deal and will not bring around a catastrophic asset price crash.

What is this fixation with inflation?

HOLA4417

I've touched on this before, we are reverting to traditional patterns of low OO. High OO was due to war. The baby boomers restored the population again.

I was paying attention to your first post, and could understand the points you were making. I didn’t agree with you’re insulting members of this forum, but the when I read your further posts you’re first didn’t amount to a hill of beans.

There was a genuine shortage of housing as a result of thee war, due to bomb damage and servicemen returning home. The homeless fought for more houses by demonstration and protest. It was everyone’s business to buy or rent a home and whoa betide speculators as we have now. I’ll ask my bin men if they have any business buying a home. First I’ll ask the baby boomers if they haven’t retired. Then I’ll ask the young, and if one of them say they’re OO. I say to them “What are you doing owing a home? I bet you’re reading the Times as well. Who the hell do you think you are?”

I’ll let you know what they say if I been flattened

HOLA4418

At work and no time to check spelling - just a pointer:

Former Treasury secretary Lawrence Summers warns that because of the savings crisis, valuable investments in business and technology end up in non-U.S. hands. "In a real sense, the countries that hold U.S. currency and securities in their banks also hold U.S. prosperity in their hands," he recently wrote in the journal Foreign Policy. "That prospect should make Americans uncomfortable."

Being indebted does not make you wealthy and since our so called prosperity here in the UK has largely been down to consumer spending and an asset bubble in the form of housing a credit crunch will have a huge impact, not just in the next couple of years but for those wanting to retire it may prove to be a bigger time bomb than any on has predicted.

but then your alright jack....

HOLA4419

i was willing to give you the doubt of intel and we are looking for good bulls of good reason and sound judgement, but your replies are typical troll style and so reflect your arguments position. = childish denial and nonsense.

your just another bull idiot with no real argument and a waste of my time.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

BOT - had a bloke on who went bust 4 years ago, now owes 65K on credit cards.

He recommends contacting the cards supplier via a solicitor and getting your interest frozen, one company he owes 20K too, has agreed to accept £65 a month.

The presenter asked "how long till your debt free" ... the answer about 5 years .....but at £65 a month that nearly 26 years .... ouch... he probably can't count anyway :lol::blink:

HOLA4422
Guest Alright Jack
I'm inspired by this link, there should be more such as www.looselose.com and theirthere.com.

Well done.

But I think house prices will crash.

Keep waiting for the big day. We might even win the world cup one day. There is nothing wrong in hoping.

HOLA4423