House Price Crash Forum

Is John Lewis The Best Company In Britain To Work For?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

According to economic experts on this forum it isn't a proper company, it is impossible for it to make any profit, it is evil, it is oppressive, inevitably relies upon state control, practices coercion, holds guns to people's heads and keeps its employees as slaves. There is probably some reference to tractor production statistics one could make along with the furious demand that you should read a book by a dead crypto-Austrian if you disagree. I think that is everything covered. Working for John Lewis and getting a nice bonus is hell on earth, possibly worse in fact.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I like John Lewis. It feels like a pleasant English shop where civil, polite people buy quality products, rather than somewhere that slack-jawed entitlement engines go to wander about rather than have productive hobbies.

The service is impeccable, during and after the sale. I took a 50 mile detour just to buy this laptop from a branch for that very reason.

Plus, the female staff are more often than not quite bonny. Indeed, the Peterborough branch had an ex page 3 girl working on the make-up counter for some time. Well worth a visit, what-what. :ph34r:

Edited by tahoma

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I always wonder what part of the John Lewis ethos forces them to build the ugliest buildings in the UK

Go into any british city centre and look around for the ugliest huge concrete monstrosity - that'll be John Lewis, it puts me off buying there I dont want to support such hideous architecture. And its not just the 60's buildings, their new ones are just as bad.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest absolutezero

According to economic experts on this forum it isn't a proper company, it is impossible for it to make any profit, it is evil, it is oppressive, inevitably relies upon state control, practices coercion, holds guns to people's heads and keeps its employees as slaves. There is probably some reference to tractor production statistics one could make along with the furious demand that you should read a book by a dead crypto-Austrian if you disagree. I think that is everything covered. Working for John Lewis and getting a nice bonus is hell on earth, possibly worse in fact.

:lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Salaries + milestones bonuses available as cash or equity

What do you think your employees/partners/comrades/bruvvers would make of your posts on here?

If I had a business partner who posted your emotionalised sixth-form bilge on forums all day, I would be rather concerned for as long as it took me to get a form 288b through.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I like John Lewis.

But I am 100% certain that it wouldn't be anywhere near as good for its customers were the High St not such a competitive place. The discipline imposed by tough price competition keeps the staff focused on the business and on customers, not their own wages.

That's why there are limits to this ownership model.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423