HOLA441
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Even at 800 pounds per pounce ($1328) its a deal if* the price keeps going up. A bit like buying an overpriced house--what seems a bit dear today is a bargain from hindsight. New paradigms and all that...................

* if

maybe it will be at $300 by christmas?

:)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Gold and Silver, like everything else in life, has its time and place. Now is that time!

When the FIAT money Ponzi scheme blows up the demand for gold and silver will literally explode overnight.

Protect yourself.

HOLA445

I'm not holding fiat. Or not much anyways.

No one has answer my question as to how many ordinary joes were invested in the tech stock bubble.

Probably another 6 months and the number of joes speculating in gold will resemble the number of people buying lastminute.com shares or whatever in 2000.

so you have no pm's and no fiat? Probably no job which accounts for the wave of posting. Why not work on your cv and get a fecking job instead of gobbing off here about things which do not concern you?

HOLA446

so you have no pm's and no fiat? Probably no job which accounts for the wave of posting. Why not work on your cv and get a fecking job instead of gobbing off here about things which do not concern you?

I have some PMs and some fiat, and some other stuff.

I also have a job.

I also have a healthy scepticism about the latest bubble.

Out of all those, the job is worth most.

HOLA447

on a serious note Byron, we both prefer silver jewelery & we both love gemstones, precious or semi.......most of our silver/diamonds have been bougth second hand. :)

also, chavs/working class always try to mimic the class above in several areas. The majority think money determines class, we don't. That depends on what you think is class though...............

I would like to think we are classless but I think it's impossible to do tbh................I think we are as close as anyone could be to classless imo.

god, no. Please tell me that you didn't start messing with diamonds

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

god, no. Please tell me that you didn't start messing with diamonds

not for investment, just for looks :o

Blood Stones - & yes I feel a bit guilty

It's all ****** really you know.......but I am human & do have some flaws, but I realise that I have them, which in a sense is even worse. :(

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

HOLA4411

Gold and Silver, like everything else in life, has its time and place. Now is that time!

When the FIAT money Ponzi scheme blows up the demand for gold and silver will literally explode overnight.

Protect yourself.

have you really thought that through? What are you expecting, fiat collapse and governments the world over declaring a return to the gold standard? I agree thats what "should" happen, but just can't see it. What do you do when golds at $20000, sell it? If gold is where the wealth is, those in power will screw them for it.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It's all ****** really you know.......but I am human & do have some flaws, but I realise that I have them, which in a sense is even worse. :(

Did you know the man who kicked off most of the sh1te happening in the world today made his fortune from diamonds?

HOLA4414

I have some PMs and some fiat, and some other stuff.

I also have a job.

I also have a healthy scepticism about the latest bubble.

Out of all those, the job is worth most.

that isn't the way that you come across from some posts.

ok, so qe is pumping the markets and driving pm's up with it. Commodity bubble? I don't believe so. Sure there could be a significant retrace but nothing like a bubble burst. If the markets dive in a panik like a bursting bubble then gold will follow to a point and then fear will refloat it. What happened to gold during the greatest fear periods lately? Whatever gold loses it will not be as much as your sterling sat in the bank does.

HOLA4415

careful dude and I mean this sincerely, aside from the obvious, it takes time to learn the feel of gold and what it looks and sounds like so that you don't get done and don't even need scales. It takes something else entirely to deal with diamonds and know what you are buying.

obviously the initial horror was the investment prospect but glad that isn't the case.

Edited by richyc

HOLA4416

I'm one of the people who has increased their investment/insurance in the shiny stuff.

It's difficult to know what to do when the entire financial system is crashing.

Treating gold as insurance against collapse seems pretty sensible to me.

Don't put all your money there. Do put some of it there.

Its bizarre, its the one investment I have I'd feel much happier losing money on.

Exactly - like insurance. I am delighted if my home insurance or car insurance turns out to have been a loss-making purchase. It isn't there to make money, it's to limit my losses.

Never have understood gold. They keep mining it, yet it goes up in value.

No, the fiat currency in which it's measured keeps going DOWN in value. ;)

Protect yourself.

Someone has been reading their cgnao! :)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

When the FIAT money Ponzi scheme blows up the demand for gold and silver will literally metaphorically explode overnight.

Protect yourself.

HOLA4420

that isn't the way that you come across from some posts.

ok, so qe is pumping the markets and driving pm's up with it. Commodity bubble? I don't believe so. Sure there could be a significant retrace but nothing like a bubble burst. If the markets dive in a panik like a bursting bubble then gold will follow to a point and then fear will refloat it. What happened to gold during the greatest fear periods lately? Whatever gold loses it will not be as much as your sterling sat in the bank does.

QE is stabilising prices against a strong deflationary backdrop.

People have been used to thinking of money in metallic terms for all of history.

IF QE fails to result in significant (well above trend) inflation over the next year people will start questioning the metallist assumptions and at this point, gold is vulnerable.

I don't believe that QE will cause significant above trend inflation over the next 12 months or even the next 5 years. I may be wrong but if I am right then gold is over valued.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

haven't seen crashman begins, with the batman avatar for a while. Good poster

Is he still posting ?

Yes, saw him a few days ago

Don't buy from the mint, unless you want to spend £30-£50 on some cardboard packaging. The bullion houses such as Chards, Coininvestdirect, Bairds, should have new Royal Mint coins a lot cheaper then the Mint - they buy in bulk at wholesale rates, and their retail markup is much slimmer.

HOLA4424

I don't believe that QE will cause significant above trend inflation over the next 12 months or even the next 5 years. I may be wrong but if I am right then gold is over valued.

how can it be overvalued? Houses are overvalued because people are not buying. Gold is not overvalued because people are buying.

Much has been made of india buying gold from the imf recently but the important thing to take from it is, knowing that the indians still regard gold as money and are very very gold savvy, they could have put a floor under the price of gold - not too far from the qe floor.

Deutsche bank and jpm have been offering 25%+ to settle contracts in fiat rather than physical - the assumption being that gold is effectively or will be 1250. Could be that they don't have the physical just as much as they know where the price is going, either case is pretty bullish.

HOLA4425

Yes, saw him a few days ago

Don't buy from the mint, unless you want to spend £30-£50 on some cardboard packaging. The bullion houses such as Chards, Coininvestdirect, Bairds, should have new Royal Mint coins a lot cheaper then the Mint - they buy in bulk at wholesale rates, and their retail markup is much slimmer.

I'm skint now.......