House Price Crash Forum

All Pet Dogs To Be Microchipped

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
This is a stupid idea. It will not stop the problem of chav dog owners, it is simply an added cost for responsible dog owners and the taxpayer in paying for the scheme. Who is going to go round scanning random dogs in the street to check the have the right documentation? Another load of unenforcible legislation to make the government look like they are doing something useful.

No one is going to go about randomly scanning dogs - that was just part of the irrational scare mongering put about by the OP.

If all dogs need to be chipped by law then it means that it will be far easier to find the owner of a stray. Also, if there is an incident which leads to a dog being scanned and it isn't chipped it's an opportunity for the owner to be fined and either lose the dog or get it chipped.

Like I say, people should be licensed to have a dog. It should be a licence you have to apply for in advance and possession of a dog should be an offence without it. It would be an excellent way to control the chav element of dog ownership because if they don't have a licence they lose the dog automatically.

This is no big deal. People forget that it's still an offence to have a dog in public which doesn't have a tag on it with it's owners details. The chip is just a more modern, more secure alternative.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest AuntJess
Your post is just irrational, tin foil hat nonsense. You could just as easily ask how long it will be before people are licensed because animals cars and guns are.

Personally, I can't see a problem with micro chipping dogs, in fact, I totally agree with the suggestion that they should be all chipped. Both of ours are done. In fact, I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to own a dog should have a licence; and not just the old get at the post office on demand type, a proper one that's issued when you can prove you can look after the animal. There should be a proper system in place to revoke it and confiscate the dog if you mistreat it or let it attach people. Like there is with firearm licenses.

Chipping dogs would hugely reduce the amount of money and wasted time associated with dealing with strays. Also, why shouldn't owners be fined if their dogs craps in public?

+1. Specially about the licence. Or why should they not be prosecuted if their dog is abandoned and left to roam and possibly starve - or attack other creatures in order to eat? Farmers will shoot stray dogs lest they worry their sheep and you cannot entirely blame them.

People in society today, are too bally aware of '"their rights" and not aware enough of "their responsibilities". That's why we are in such an effing mess.

So sorry to be repetitive with my 'mantra', :rolleyes: but there is SO much twaddle talked and whinging about sweet F' all, going on. :huh:

If you have a dog or a cat - or a horse - it IS a responsibility. Sadly some need a nudge to keep up to these.

HOLA443
I'm was half prepared to believe that the Madeline McCann "abduction" was some kind of precursor to this.

Still might be.

eight

I'm telling you that this is Stage1 of the Bilderberg's New World Order Master Plan for world domination!!!

I saw it on display in the planning office basement, in a locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet with a sign on the door saying beware of the leopard!

:o

HOLA444
Like I say, people should be licensed to have a dog. It should be a licence you have to apply for in advance and possession of a dog should be an offence without it. It would be an excellent way to control the chav element of dog ownership because if they don't have a licence they lose the dog automatically.

I have visions of Corky the Yorkie being towed away and crushed.

eight

HOLA445
I'm telling you that this is Stage1 of the Bilderberg's New World Order Master Plan for world domination!!!

I saw it on display in the planning office basement, in a locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet with a sign on the door saying beware of the leopard!

:o

Hope they're following their own rules and have chipped the Leopard!

HOLA446
i was born without a chip and i will die without a chip and if that means fighting then so be it.

Wait till credit and bank cards no longer exist and everyone pays for things by swiping their chip. In a country where we were governed for our benefit I would welcome such a thing. We do not live in that fantasy world though sadly.

Maybe cars will be chip coded too, so only registered chips can unlock them, drive them. Perhaps as you touch a door it automatically unlocks.

There could be so many nice things these could do. However what we will get is a system that tracks people from where they last swiped. Mass readers so they can identify people in a crowd of protestors. Personalised adverts that trigger as your approach (remember tom cruise in minority report)

Oh for a government we can trust.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest apocalypto

Aren't these chips supposed to cause cancer? They've done studies on micro-chipped rats and mice and found an increase in tumors.

Is it really worth the convenience?

HOLA449

The term 'dog' needs to be defined in law. Anything smaller than say an Airedale Terrier or that yaps instead of barking should be classified as a rat and shot as vermin (this applies especially to Jack Russells which are the most hideous creatures ever to grace the earth).

Dogs are disgusting and noisy creatures. Go to the New Forest and there is a 100 meter cuff of dog s*** around every carpark. I have to carry my little daughter as it is so bad. Why should her health be compromised because of the 'right' of lazy people to own a disease spreading bag of s***?

Taxing and licencing these oiks might make them think twice about owning a dog and might bring their responsibilities to their pets to the fore. Also, any licence should be linked to training. If they are untrained or fail then they are a poor pet choice and should be composted. If they are not chipped then put them down, they are dogs ffs. People are far too sentimental when it comes to their pooches and they need to grow up a bit.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Excellent! Its about time the problem of dogs in the UK was taken care of. The government are really missing a trick with dogs. I think all dog owners should be taxed heavily on each dog they have. And that there should be different tax gradings depending on the size/breed of the dog.

Harsh?

I can not stand dogs. Britain is frankly over crowded, yet we have an enormous amount of dogs, taking a walk with my girlfriend down the beach yesterday, i reckon there were as many dogs as people, running around making horrible noises, shitting everywhere, barking at people, attacking other dogs. then you have the sound of the irritating dog owners themselves HERE BOY, HERE BOY, FETCH GEORGE, GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE, NO GEORGE DOWN BOY, DOWN, DOWN, THATS A GOOD BOY GEORGE, WHO'S A GOOD BOY, YESSS, YESSS, YESSS. As if there having somesort of public orgasm over there dog picking a stick up. It makes them sound like idiots.

Then theres the chav with his protection dog, usually a staff, used simply to protect him against other chavs, as a simble of power, the dog is usually miss treated, agressive and stolen. These people can often, (and i have first hand experience with this) not look after themselves. never mind the dog. the back yards and streets, any greens are covered in dog toffee's, people step in it, kids play in it, yet nobody really cares.

Also what is it with dog owners and responsibility. the words from any dog owner that has just ripped the arm off a 10 year old girl. "awww, honestly love, it wouldn't hurt a fly, she's soft" Really? funny how its bitten every kid on the street and the postman wont come within a mile of your front door. Take some responsibility! your dog is aggressive and its your fault! fine these people, tax them on the dog. lets see how well they behave with them when it costs say 2k a year to own a dog, and when if it gets seen biting or crapping on the beach its a further 500 quid on the spot fine.

chipping the dog seems pointless. the problem is with the stupid owners.

I'm looking forward to volume II of "I Hate Dogs" , by Tyler Durden.

Hopefully this will be proofread unlike volume I. Or am I to assume that your aversion to dogs is seconded only to the incredulous disdain of punctuation, grammar and spelling that you show?

HOLA4412
a £200 dog licence would be a good idea to sort the dumbasses from the owners.

I agree in part because it wouldn't stop the dumbasses who can afford it.

A dog licence should involve being able to prove that you can look after a dog and are capable of controlling it. You should have to apply in a similar manner that you have to apply for a firearm/shotgun licence.

HOLA4413

Dog owners have had plenty of time to demonstrate they could control and clean up after their pets.

Since they don't seem to able to do either, I am 100% in favour of micro-chipping dogs, hopefully they'll take a DNA sample from the animal at the same time so they can trace any poop left lying around on the pavement back to the rightful owner.

HOLA4414

FWIW it's not the dogs who are the problem, it's the owners. People need to take responsibility, a dog isn't going to clean up its own sh*t.

Dogs are amazing, loyal, intelligent animals who have helped countless Humans live better lives', have no doubt saved many lives' and work for us for little recompense. We just need to look after them better and there would be very little need for any kind of chip.

HOLA4415
I agree in part because it wouldn't stop the dumbasses who can afford it.

A dog licence should involve being able to prove that you can look after a dog and are capable of controlling it. You should have to apply in a similar manner that you have to apply for a firearm/shotgun licence.

well that would be going a bit far as most dogs are by nature, good natured. i dont care if they can sit, beg or roll as long as they are not semi wild and loose.

£200 should see the nike crowd select nike air trainers, not a dog licence.

no dog licence - dog gets taken away to a chinese, you get a fine.

more like car tax, than a firearms cert.

HOLA4416
well that would be going a bit far as most dogs are by nature, good natured. i dont care if they can sit, beg or roll as long as they are not semi wild and loose.

£200 should see the nike crowd select nike air trainers, not a dog licence.

no dog licence - dog gets taken away to a chinese, you get a fine.

more like car tax, than a firearms cert.

I mean you should have to show that you have a basic level of knowledge of how to actually take care of it, to recognise common ailments, how much it should be fed, how much exercise it needs, what regular treatment it may need (vaccinations, worming, etc) and suchlike. You only need to be able to train it to behave, not to do tricks.

HOLA4417
a £200 dog licence would be a good idea to sort the dumbasses from the owners.

Why does the answer to every problem have to be a punitive tax / cost?

I mean you should have to show that you have a basic level of knowledge of how to actually take care of it, to recognise common ailments, how much it should be fed, how much exercise it needs, what regular treatment it may need (vaccinations, worming, etc) and suchlike. You only need to be able to train it to behave, not to do tricks.

Are you talking about dogs or child chavs having kids?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Many people who own animals can't be trusted so it's correct in part.

The other point to make is that this isn't more regulation on your rights as an individual, it doesn't affect anything you have to do in your life. Having a dog is a choice, not a compulsion. If you don't want to dog chipped and registered then you can chose not to have a dog! No different to having a gun or a car; if you don't want to go through the licensing and registration regiemes then don't have either.

The majority of dog owners can be trusted. For those that can't be trusted sticking a chip in the dog is not going to magically turn the owner into a responsible individual. We already have laws that can fine you or ban you from keeping dogs but that is for the right reasons - people that don't want the chip will now be equated with the cruel and negligent.

Why stop at dogs? Licenses for cats, fish, hamsters, stick insects? What's the difference?

Somewhere along the line some 'official' is going to be given the power to stop you in the street and scan your dog to see if it's chipped as this will be an effective way to detect the new class of criminal. This is slippery slope Britain.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
FWIW it's not the dogs who are the problem, it's the owners. People need to take responsibility, a dog isn't going to clean up its own sh*t.

Dogs are amazing, loyal, intelligent animals who have helped countless Humans live better lives', have no doubt saved many lives' and work for us for little recompense. We just need to look after them better and there would be very little need for any kind of chip.

Agreed. It's people that are scum.

HOLA4424
Guest portwinestain
I'm was half prepared to believe that the Madeline McCann "abduction" was some kind of precursor to this.

Still might be.

eight

I would say so, although her parents may not be directly involved, they are telling porkies or have to go along with some charade for some reason.

I expect Madeleine will be 'found' and will be pitched as a 'miracle'.....the Pope visits the UK next year.

As for agreeing with chipping dogs? The reasons given here are pretty pathetic imo. I can see these people agreeing with immigrants being chipped next.

HOLA4425

Archived