House Price Crash Forum

Bad News!

1929crash

HOLA441
GORDON Brown COULD still win the next election as voters remain unconvinced about David Cameron's Conservative Party - according to an exclusive ICM poll for tomorrow's News of the World

On the eve of the most important week of the Prime Minister's political life, the poll reveals almost half of all voters think Labour still have a slim chance of beating the Tories in the next election.

Voters back the Tory leader to sort out the economy and would rather have dinner with him than the PM - but only a quarter of them think Brown has definitely lost the next election.

READ FULL STORY AND POLL RESULTS IN TOMORROW'S NEWS OF THE WORLD

Labour are now 14 points behind the Tories, but today's poll indicates that gap could narrow as the election campaign begins at this week's Labour Party conference in Brighton.

The poll also has a powerful warning for Labour rebels - more than two thirds of those polled (69 per cent) say a change in leader would make no difference to their vote, with only 16 per cent saying it would make them more likely to vote Labour.

That finding contradicts polls from over the past few weeks, which claimed the majority of voters wanted anyone but Gordon Brown in charge.

Also in Brown's favour is the fact that the majority (61 per cent) say David Cameron is merely a new face on an unchanged Conservative Party.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/52352...usive-poll.html

HOLA442

My mate thinks the Labour Party will win because everyone on the dole will suddenly go out and vote for them.

Everyone I know who's long term unemployed is much too apathetic to even learn the difference between the Tories and Labour, let alone actually go to the polling stations.

I must get around to placing a bet with him

HOLA443
Tories 1/3 labour 16/1 . A 33% return ain't bad is it?

There is no way Nu Labia are getting in.

You know it & I know it, take the bet with your silly friend. :)

I think Labour are the scum but they could win rising stock market keep taxes down promote imigration rising HPI and a few black swans using unions or women dont bet againt them but if they win short the ftse big time you will at least get something out of the blunder.

Regardles who wins the sh1t will hit the fan I have already fully shorted the UK big time sold my flat and gone all in for pms and stock little UK but I hope I am wrong and things pan out.

D camaron rides his bike to work to be green with his limo behind carrying his brief case this BS is on par with labour very little choice.

HOLA444
HOLA445
My mate thinks the Labour Party will win because everyone on the dole will suddenly go out and vote for them.

Everyone I know who's long term unemployed is much too apathetic to even learn the difference between the Tories and Labour, let alone actually go to the polling stations.

I must get around to placing a bet with him

The longer you are unemployed, the less likely you are to vote.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Labour will not win the next election. Their MPs know it and their leadership know it. It is only a question of how badly Labour will lose. There is still an outside chance that they will avoid an electoral wipe out and retain a respectable number of seats from which to form an Opposition.

The issue is what the future of politics in the UK is going to look like should the Conservatives surprise everyone and undertake a radical change to electoral reform, reduce the number of MPs and limit the voting powers of non-English constituency MPs on English issues. That could be very bad for Labour indeed.

HOLA449
Labour will not win the next election. Their MPs know it and their leadership know it. It is only a question of how badly Labour will lose. There is still an outside chance that they will avoid an electoral wipe out and retain a respectable number of seats from which to form an Opposition.

The issue is what the future of politics in the UK is going to look like should the Conservatives surprise everyone and undertake a radical change to electoral reform, reduce the number of MPs and limit the voting powers of non-English constituency MPs on English issues. That could be very bad for Labour indeed.

You are most likely right that Labour won't win,but that is a different thing from the Tories winning.With 50+ Lib dems and various other parties in the running it is a serious possibility that Cameron will fall short of a majority.IMO 1/3 doesn't represent a safe bet at all.

HOLA4410

You are most likely right that Labour won't win,but that is a different thing from the Tories winning.With 50+ Lib dems and various other parties in the running it is a serious possibility that Cameron will fall short of a majority.IMO 1/3 doesn't represent a safe bet at all.

HOLA4411

If the Conservatives retain their lead at 42% share of the vote and 12% points ahead of Labour in the opinion polls then a minority share of the seats looks highly unlikely.

I accept, however that the distribution of those votes in key constituencies needs to be factored into the equation, but Labour's vote seems to be under pressure in some areas from protest voters switching to minority parties which makes it even more vulnerable in the marginal seats. It also appears the Liberals are not gaining at Labour's expense to any significant extent leaving the Conservatives the main beneficiaries.

From here to the election (in May?) I see more bad news than good news for the economy in the UK and this makes Labour's chances of closing the current Conservative lead unlikely - indeed the opposite is more likely to be the case.

Archived