House Price Crash Forum

Pay-cut Plan To Beat Dole Queues

Guest BoomBoomCrash

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Pah!

It's just more problems pushed into the future, I don't think I'm going to like the future around here. They said it would be full of fit women and robots, a place where you could be free and have time to live out your life....

All I can see coming is the evaporation of my savings, a massive tax hike on everything, a police state where if I fart I get arrested. Fart Felony

A man has been banged up for farting on a police officer after being arrested for drink driving. Police at the scene of the crime remarked that the odour was very strong.

He has now been charged with battery on a police officer as well as Driving Under the Influence and obstruction.

And a load of grumpy english people, who were pretty grumpy already. Roll on death. <_<

HOLA445
HOLA446
Pah!

It's just more problems pushed into the future, I don't think I'm going to like the future around here. They said it would be full of fit women and robots, a place where you could be free and have time to live out your life....

All I can see coming is the evaporation of my savings, a massive tax hike on everything, a police state where if I fart I get arrested. Fart Felony

Beanz meanz fartz and finez

And a load of grumpy english people, who were pretty grumpy already. Roll on death. <_<

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Genius! They don't appear in the unemployment stats and someone else (their old employer) is paying their dole money... there are some great twisted minds at work here.

Do they also have to spend their SAVINGS for 6 months to pay for rent/mortgage/bills or do they get normal housing benefits?

Bilderberg 'Cooper' MP up to her tricks again!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Given the level of pay it obviously just attends to the lowest skilled so I don't see why a business would be so desperate to keep them on the books if it's in trouble.

It's window dressing. Businesses should attend to cutting their costs anyway, not paying money to keep people sat at home on the off chance things might get better.

HOLA4413

Thinking about it, they could be on to something here. Given that a huge chunk of government borrowing is due to the bloated state, why not put all state employees, including MPs, on £128 per week with immediate effect until the economy recovers? This will dramatically reduce government borrowing and stop Gordon having to go to the IMF.

HOLA4414
Do they also have to spend their SAVINGS for 6 months to pay for rent/mortgage/bills or do they get normal housing benefits?

Bilderberg 'Cooper' MP up to her tricks again!

Good point, it will take months to get housing benefit, etc as you will be in a form of limbo - still in a job and with a 'temporary' reduction in wages. It's all just smoke and mirrors to try and stem the tide until after the election.

It says something that even after the heavy massaging of unemployment data, it's still looking worryingly bad for them.

HOLA4415
Good point, it will take months to get housing benefit, etc as you will be in a form of limbo - still in a job and with a 'temporary' reduction in wages. It's all just smoke and mirrors to try and stem the tide until after the election.

It says something that even after the heavy massaging of unemployment data, it's still looking worryingly bad for them.

The IMF beckons.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I think it is a good idea in principle. They do it in Holland and other countries.

But I'd bet my life that these other countries do it on the basis of a (high) percentage of previous salary, not on the basis of (slightly over) 50% of minimum wage.

What if a person cannot live on this money and has to take some other job. Effectively the company are being given a legal route to making people redundant without have to pay redundancy money

tim