House Price Crash Forum

Moron Of Breathtaking Proportions On 'the World Tonight' Just Now

HOLA441

TUC conference coverage; interview with Red Robbo-type unionista.

Robbo clone threatens 'mass strikes' if public sector spending is cut.

Interviewer: 'Yes, but we're all hundreds of billions of pounds in debt. Don't you accept that if we don't start paying it back, our credit rating will go down and it'll be harder for the government to borrow money?'

Unionista: 'You know, I don't buy that to be honest. All this debt business ... this has been whipped up by the media, you know, the Tory media if you ask me.'

Interviewer hastily changes the subject.

JESUS H. CHRIST WITH AN ELECTRIC CATTLE PROD UP HIS @RSE!

Please, assure me that there aren't enough utterly deranged individuals such as this specimen eligible to vote in this country to return Brown to power...

Edited by The Ayatollah Bugheri

HOLA442

Interviewer: 'Yes, but we're all hundreds of billions of pounds in debt. Don't you accept that if we don't start paying it back, our credit rating will go down and it'll be harder for the government to borrow money?'

Unionista: 'You know, I don't buy that to be honest. All this debt business ... this has been whipped up by the media, you know, the Tory media if you ask me.'

Please, assure me that there aren't enough utterly deranged individuals eligible to vote in this country to return Brown to power...

spoken like a true son of the claw / gord

HOLA443

Please, assure me that there aren't enough utterly deranged individuals such as this specimen eligible to vote in this country to return Brown to power...

they are hothouse promoted union mouthpieces that are out of their depth negotiating local subsidies for the workplace gym, let alone national debt, but somehow the climb the greasy pole + get their gobshite aired

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
to be honest these morons including father gord must be exasperated that the public want to see cuts inspite of the freebies he is handing out ..

oh for the good old days when enough people lived down a mine to vote a labour govt in

those days were fun

HOLA448
HOLA449

Daily Mail reader: 'I don't buy all this house price crash nonsense... its been whipped up by the BBC, you know and other new labour media if you ask me.'

:D

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Goes by the name of Bob Crow I presume.

While a rabble rousing militant in the most anachronistic, 1970s tradition, Crow just about has the requisite brain cells to convince an unsuspecting Radio Four listener that he isn't flatly denying an objective fact. Even Gordon Brown isn't denying that he borrowed the £175 billion. He might have deluded himself into believing that doing so hasn't caused any problems; but this union bloke seemed to believe, honestly, that the existence of a public sector debt of £175bn is a propaganda lie.

HOLA4412

Between 40 and 50% of employment outside of London is the result of the government. Without the government the jobs would disappear. Guess what, we cannot afford to have so many people employed by the government, nor can we afford to have so many people unemployed. In a nutshell we are fecked, house prices rising, not when we have unemployment over 30%. It's coming to a town near you soon. Most of the country will become unmanageable pretty quickly, think Helmland Province without the sunshine, with what's left of the government marooned in Kabul/London.............

HOLA4413
While a rabble rousing militant in the most anachronistic, 1970s tradition, Crow just about has the requisite brain cells to convince an unsuspecting Radio Four listener that he isn't flatly denying an objective fact. Even Gordon Brown isn't denying that he borrowed the £175 billion. He might have deluded himself into believing that doing so hasn't caused any problems; but this union bloke seemed to believe, honestly, that the existence of a public sector debt of £175bn is a propaganda lie.

It is a lie-it's more than that. No mention of interest on that little sum is there? At least Joe Gormley was likeable and had a brain.

HOLA4414
Between 40 and 50% of employment outside of London is the result of the government. Without the government the jobs would disappear. Guess what, we cannot afford to have so many people employed by the government, nor can we afford to have so many people unemployed. In a nutshell we are fecked, house prices rising, not when we have unemployment over 30%. It's coming to a town near you soon. Most of the country will become unmanageable pretty quickly, think Helmland Province without the sunshine, with what's left of the government marooned in Kabul/London.............

I really wish you were saying that tongue in cheek. NcMillan was spot on-"you never had it so good".

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

In the 1970s, men[1] like that dictated the agenda, which is precisely why Thatcher was necessary. Today they're thankfully a loony fringe. Our real problems are of course elsewhere.

The forces of old-labour are, like the Daily Mail or BNP, taking advantage of a tide of dissatisfaction. I'd expect to see some saber-rattling from them, and some revival of destructive tendencies amongst the unions, but I doubt they'll become as damaging as the government, or the Mail, or the bankstas again.

HOLA4417

I'm sorry, my extensive library is in book format, which means bits of paper, so I cannot really be bothered fishing out the exact tome for jumped up twats like you.....sorry, was that a bit rude. I guess it's a lie then, how about this, no-one in the UK is employed by the government, feel better?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I should think a good portion of the City of London would be down the job centre by now if taxpayers around the world had not bailed them out.

HOLA4421

Dumb he may be but the public sector debt would not be sinking the economy if the politicians had not been in such a hurry to socialize the losses incurred by the banking industry by getting the taxpayer to pick up the tab for their unsound lending. Anyone who reads the media can see how this story is now not so subtly being spun around so that the crisis is now seen just as an issue of public expenditure not the absolute orgy of private debt and speculation that preceded it.

The sad thing is so many people he are happy to buy it.

I guess they just like eating sh*t.

HOLA4422
I should think a good portion of the City of London would be down the job centre by now if taxpayers around the world had not bailed them out.

:lol: Cynic, but at least you get the drift, government spending, or should that be "redistribution of wealth", keeping the whole toppling edifice going a bit longer.

The point remains valid, we either spend more money on government jobs and go bust, or make everyone redundant and well, go bust. All roads lead to the same destination, place your bets now on the direction we take?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

PSJobs.gif

Public service employment is about 6,000,000 total available for work 29,000,000

So about 20%.

Mind you how many jobs does it take to service 1 x public service job, another 20% ?

So 40% ish. :unsure:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk0809.pdf

The number of people in employment was 28.93 million in the three months to June 2009, down

271,000 from the three months to March 2009 and down 573,000 on a year earlier. The number of

people in full-time employment was 21.36 million in the three months to June 2009, down 309,000

from the three months to March 2009. Of this total, 13.60 million were men and 7.76 million were

women. The number of people in part-time employment was 7.57 million in the three months to

June 2009, up 38,000 from the three months to March 2009. Of this total, 1.89 million were men

and 5.68 million were women.

The number of people in public sector employment was 6.02 million in March 2009, up 15,000 from

December 2008. The number of people in private sector employment was 23.09 million, down

286,000 from December 2008.

HOLA4425

And how big was the public sector debt before the bank bails outs in late 2007 and 2008.

The attached graph tells all

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article11247.html

uk-real-public-debt-nov08.gif

Basically if the government eliminated every penny debt of accrued to run the NHS, Councils, Government departments, the armed forces etc the remaining debt accrued bailing out the banks would still be twice as great as the amount of public debt in 2006.

Edited by up2nogood