Is Government Good?

HOLA441
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hehehe. Well put.

You might get taken more seriously if you ever offered a viable alternative. So far you'd come up with everyone carrying guns as the solution to crime. A pretty inauspicious start I feel.

HOLA443

Yes, but now a new aspect; fear him. He "collects data."

The 'facts' are that you refuse to partake in reasonable debate.

You refuse to answer some questions as it weakens your position.

You repeat the same lines continually with no back up or empirical evidence.

You continue to live in a state run society despite the option to 'live the dream' and live in a state free situation.

You continue to benefit from the health-care provided by the state which you so despise

Injin= Fraud.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
...are based on the belief that the smart, productive people will choose to work as slaves to the stupid and unproductive...

How ironic, I think that this perfectly describes the situation in the UK right now.

Capitalism is based on the idea that smart productive people will choose to work as slaves for the stupid and unproductive controllers of capital.

Perhaps Britain could earn foreign currency by exporting useful idiots? They could come in handy, perhaps in Eastern Europe, to help prevent victims of the credit crunch from lynching the local plutocrats. We seem to have a surplus.

HOLA447
HOLA448
26 pages of discussion on something that is perfectly clear, let me rephrase the question:

"Is getting your ****** removed in an industrial accident good?"

because government is never a good thing....................

And yet you are unwiling to go and live somewhere without one.

Why is that?

HOLA449
26 pages of discussion on something that is perfectly clear, let me rephrase the question:

"Is getting your ****** removed in an industrial accident good?"

because government is never a good thing....................

The question is not particularly useful in that it says nothing of the alternative. A better, more useful question would be whether government is better or worse than the real alternative.

Personally I don't much like government, it seems clear to me that it's preferable to the alternative though.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Not the point. I think everyone here would agree that there is too much govt.

It is necessary to a certain extent, but it's gotten way out of hand.

The best way to fix it is to fix the monetary system so that the bankers don't have such an advantage.

Why don't you go and live somewhere with more government?

:lol:

HOLA4412
Why don't you go and live somewhere with more government?

:lol:

As I said earlier........

You refuse to answer some questions as it weakens your position.

You repeat the same lines continually with no back up or empirical evidence.

You continue to live in a state run society despite the option to 'live the dream' and live in a state free situation.

You continue to benefit from the health-care provided by the state which you so despise

Injin= Fraud. :P

HOLA4413

eeegads. That's not funny. :(:huh:

Don't be so pessimistic - it wouldn't be all bad you know. I'd get to give the taxman both barrels and laugh my socks off when somebody took out Brown and his cronies.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
So what useful function do capitalists supposedly perform again? We now have the workers providing both the labour and the capital afterall.....

They provide co-ordination of resources, which increases production and they get paid for increasing production

You can labour all day and produce nothing

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Petty semantic trips are hardly the basis of winning arguments. Surely it is a measure of your own weakness that you cling to such scraps and call them victories?

I have plenty of problems with Injin's arguments and I'm not sure the kind of society he espouses would be either possible or desirable but at least have enough respect for your self to take him on at a decent level.

Edit: Removed the phrase dipshit.

HOLA4422
Well, I could try the moon, but I suspect the Yanks would probably try and boss me around, how about Europa? Now, how do I get there?

When did we get a choice?

So there are no failed states? Is that was you are saying?

What happened to the ones that DID fail?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425