• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
LOL. Who's going to turn up to listen that pack of gobsh!tes?

"Quick, let's get over there. I've Nouriel Roubini is about to come on."

I can't recall a more comprehensive display of ignorance ever on HPC. Roubini was the one economist who consistently called the crisis well in advance of it happening.

Perhaps you'd prefer Bernie Madhoff, Phil and Krusty and Coco the Clown.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Speaking of ignorance I've just been reading up about the Opium Wars and Britain's imperialist involvement in China.

At school I took O-level history. That syllabus didn't cover events like the Opium Wars or the Boxer Rebellion which got covered in the CSE syllabus instead so to finally get around to reading this part of history now is shocking.

Wiki these subjects. The behaviour of the British toward China was unbelievable. Effectively the British were a bunch of land-grabbing drug-pushers whose interference contributed to the downfall of the Chinese Empire.

Sadman if your looking for advice on starting revolutions you could do worse than read history books.

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA448
I can't recall a more comprehensive display of ignorance ever on HPC. Roubini was the one economist who consistently called the crisis well in advance of it happening.

Perhaps you'd prefer Bernie Madhoff, Phil and Krusty and Coco the Clown.

I know who he is; I am just pointing out that 99.99% of people wouldn't open their curtains if the f*cker was in their back garden so the chances of them turning up for your would-be commissar's wet dream of the "We, The People" bullsh!t is remote.

HOLA449
Guest Skinty

The problem defines the solution I always say. The problem with this society is that it rewards the parasites. For example:

Bankers using your money to lend out to others

Speculators driving up the price of commodities regardless of the underlying value

BTL'ers pricing you out of a house and charging you for renting with them

Layers of management who do not produce anything but get paid several times the ones that do

Estate agents and the rest of the service economy,

Private equity firms taking out huge loans and buying up productive companies and running them into the ground

No win no fee lawyers turning us into a litigation based society so that they can get more custom

MPs and local government fiddling expenses and upping your council tax to create more non-jobs

The media exploiting people to sell stories and advertsing space

The people who are useful and essential to society are poorly paid. For example, teachers, street sweepers, nurses, engineers, scientists, sewage workers etc. All sense of community is being eroded as there is no reward in contributing, only in sponging off the contributions of others.

We live in a parasitocracy. If you can figure out what the polar opposite is, then you have your cause.

HOLA4410
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Revolution's never work and somebody always ends up hijacking it. Before you know it it'll be Stalin Take 2. Remember "Mustn't grumble" We're British.

credit starvation is the answer.

one has to remember that all the public enforcement apparatus is reliant upon donations from taxpayers in the first place.

if they don't get paid they will go hungry.

nothing like an empty stomach to concentrate the mind.

if desperate enough I suppose we could barbecue gordon!!.....who wan'ts to eat his loins?

HOLA4411
Guest anorthosite
We live in a parasitocracy. If you can figure out what the polar opposite is, then you have your cause.

A wormingtabletocracy?

HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite
As long as you homeowners don't screw the pooch too badly this time, we'll be happy to!

I've just giving the puppies a cuddle, ok?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Speaking of ignorance I've just been reading up about the Opium Wars and Britain's imperialist involvement in China.

At school I took O-level history. That syllabus didn't cover events like the Opium Wars or the Boxer Rebellion which got covered in the CSE syllabus instead so to finally get around to reading this part of history now is shocking.

Wiki these subjects. The behaviour of the British toward China was unbelievable. Effectively the British were a bunch of land-grabbing drug-pushers whose interference contributed to the downfall of the Chinese Empire.

Sadman if your looking for advice on starting revolutions you could do worse than read history books.

Well Done!

Try reading the Irish perspective of 'their' History (esp the Famine) on Irish websites and look for what the gentry/priests did(or did not do!) during the (NOT A) famine during those yrs - just potatoe blight.

Fookin eye-opener I tell thee!

HOLA4415

i don't know about planning a revolution we need one NOW, its about time we just got together like the french do, the power lies in numbers and getting the british to stick together is nigh on impossible ? right to get things started we need someone to create a web site ( i would but i have no idea how to do this) where we can announce :when, where, and how to take action then we need a snazzy name for the site any suggestions ( then we need to sort out an agenda so things do not turn to violence unless absolutely necessary.

when web site is up and running a plan of action is needed here are a few ideas.

1 take action against banks by withdrawing all savings no matter how small ! vote on website which bank to target 1st ie (RBS etc) anyone with savings in that bank withdraw them and put in one of the other banks, then threaten to do the same to each bank until interest rates are returned to normal and bankers pay is sorted out etc.

2 everybody refuses to pay council tax until it is reduced to a fair amount for the services we recieve , why should we pay through the nose for public sector workers wages which are to high also i pay council tax to recieve services provided not to fund these public sector workers pensions no one pays for my pension why should we pay for theirs.

3 t.v licence fee refuse to pay

4 car tax should be abolished they get enough tax from the fuel , also it would be greener as more people would find alternative means where possible to save a bit of cash ( ie public transport for work saving on car park fees and the new tax they want to introduce , walking the kids to school, etc ) also this would help out the unemployed who still need a car for shopping, interviews etc but can't afford to use the car everyday so it sits in the drive most of the time same thing applies to pensioners, the more you drive the more you pay simple really isn't it GORDON

5 why do we need so many m.p's on huge wages get rid of most of them one per county to represent the county in westminster and each m.p can employ a team of assistants to work in that county 1 assistant per % of population ?

thats all i can think of for now got to go out

HOLA4416
i don't know about planning a revolution we need one NOW, its about time we just got together like the french do, the power lies in numbers and getting the british to stick together is nigh on impossible ? right to get things started we need someone to create a web site ( i would but i have no idea how to do this) where we can announce :when, where, and how to take action then we need a snazzy name for the site any suggestions ( then we need to sort out an agenda so things do not turn to violence unless absolutely necessary.

when web site is up and running a plan of action is needed here are a few ideas.

1 take action against banks by withdrawing all savings no matter how small ! vote on website which bank to target 1st ie (RBS etc) anyone with savings in that bank withdraw them and put in one of the other banks, then threaten to do the same to each bank until interest rates are returned to normal and bankers pay is sorted out etc.

2 everybody refuses to pay council tax until it is reduced to a fair amount for the services we recieve , why should we pay through the nose for public sector workers wages which are to high also i pay council tax to recieve services provided not to fund these public sector workers pensions no one pays for my pension why should we pay for theirs.

3 t.v licence fee refuse to pay

4 car tax should be abolished they get enough tax from the fuel , also it would be greener as more people would find alternative means where possible to save a bit of cash ( ie public transport for work saving on car park fees and the new tax they want to introduce , walking the kids to school, etc ) also this would help out the unemployed who still need a car for shopping, interviews etc but can't afford to use the car everyday so it sits in the drive most of the time same thing applies to pensioners, the more you drive the more you pay simple really isn't it GORDON

5 why do we need so many m.p's on huge wages get rid of most of them one per county to represent the county in westminster and each m.p can employ a team of assistants to work in that county 1 assistant per % of population ?

thats all i can think of for now got to go out

6.Learn from the experts!

REG: Right. Now, uh, item four: attainment of world supremacy within the next five years. Uh, Francis, you've been doing some work on this.

FRANCIS: Yeah. Thank you, Reg. Well, quite frankly, siblings, I think five years is optimistic, unless we can smash the Roman empire within the next twelve months.

REG: Twelve months?

FRANCIS: Yeah, twelve months. And, let's face it. As empires go, this is the big one, so we've got to get up off our arses and stop just talking about it!

COMMANDOS: Hear! Hear!

LORETTA: I agree. It's action that counts, not words, and we need action now.

COMMANDOS: Hear! Hear!

REG: You're right. We could sit around here all day talking, passing resolutions, making clever speeches. It's not going to shift one Roman soldier!

FRANCIS: So, let's just stop gabbing on about it. It's completely pointless and it's getting us nowhere!

COMMANDOS: Right!

LORETTA: I agree. This is a complete waste of time. [bam]

JUDITH: They've arrested Brian!

REG: What?

COMMANDOS: What?

JUDITH: They've dragged him off! They're going to crucify him!

REG: Right! This calls for immediate discussion!

COMMANDO #1: Yeah.

JUDITH: What?!

COMMANDO #2: Immediate.

COMMANDO #1: Right.

LORETTA: New motion?

REG: Completely new motion, eh, that, ah-- that there be, ah, immediate action--

FRANCIS: Ah, once the vote has been taken.

REG: Well, obviously once the vote's been taken. You can't act another resolution till you've voted on it...

JUDITH: Reg, for God's sake, let's go now!

REG: Yeah. Yeah.

JUDITH: Please!

REG: Right. Right.

FRANCIS: Fine.

REG: In the-- in the light of fresh information from, ahh, sibling Judith--

LORETTA: Ah, not so fast, Reg.

JUDITH: Reg, for God's sake, it's perfectly simple. All you've got to do is to go out of that door now, and try to stop the Romans' nailing him up! It's happening, Reg! Something's actually happening, Reg! Can't you understand?! Ohhh! [slam]

REG: Hm. Hm.

FRANCIS: Oh, dear.

REG: Hello. Another little ego trip for the feminists.

LORETTA: What?

FRANCIS: [whistling]

REG: Oh, sorry, Loretta. Ahh, oh, read that back, would you?

Edited by Tim Miller

HOLA4417
Well Done!

Try reading the Irish perspective of 'their' History (esp the Famine) on Irish websites and look for what the gentry/priests did(or did not do!) during the (NOT A) famine during those yrs - just potatoe blight.

Fookin eye-opener I tell thee!

alright,seeing as I am of partly irish descent myself,do you really think tit-for-tat politics solves anything??

somebody always wants to wear the trousers,and will resort to extremely viscious,devious and underhand tactics to gain market share.

funny really,both protestant and catholic believe the bible,and that says treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself.......share what you have with those in need etc etc.

and they beat each other up over the interpretation of the same book??(FWIW I don't subscribe to the catholic "implied guilt...fess up or else..",I find that to be rather abusive,but there is still some fairly sound teaching about good family values.