House Price Crash Forum

Man Stabs Chav - Now Faces Attempted Murder

Guest skullingtonjoe

HOLA441

Shame he only managed to stab one of them.

When I confronted 2 lads who had a brick and were about to put my car window through I called the police after chasing them off and they asked me if I wanted them to send someone out. There no longer is any police presence in the UK outside of motorways and Saturday night pubs and clubs.

What are people supposed to do? Watch their family killed and their property get destroyed?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Skinty
Not a bad idea.

But if you looked out the front door to see 5 guys kicking your sons/brothers/dad/best mates head while he was on the floor would you go rummaging through your kitchen cabinets to find the pepper, or grab the letter opener on the table next to the front door?

I don't have a son personally, but if it was my brother they were beating on I would stab all the mutherfeckers 105 times each, let alone one of them. No doubt I would go to jail, but if the human scum didn't start it they wouldn't need the protection would they.

I'd personally pick up the pepper anyway if one was at hand whether or not I picked up a knife. It wouldn't be enough for five guys but it would help even the odds.

I'd be very hesitant about picking up a knife myself. I can understand the Dad picking up a letter knife though. If nothing else than to use it as a visible threat to scare the thugs away. Unfortunately knives bring their own problems. Unless you know what you are doing they can easily be taken off you and leave you in a much worse situation. If you do know what you are doing, then you probably don't need the knife anyway.

With knife users you generally have your show'ers or your stabbers. It's the ones that keep the knife back ready to stab you that are the ones to really worry about.

And then you have to ask yourself, even if the knife is not taken off you, are you aware of, or prepared for what a knife can do to a body?

These though are questions that most people understandably do not ask and when something like this happens they don't have time to think it through.

HOLA443

Nah didnt confuse them.

Maybe our chavs in Jockland are a different level. That one seems almost normal. Ours have a look that would scare a small child.

As for the dad - just something about him. But then of course you can't really tell much from a single picture. He has dodgy eyes.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Shame he only managed to stab one of them.

When I confronted 2 lads who had a brick and were about to put my car window through I called the police after chasing them off and they asked me if I wanted them to send someone out. There no longer is any police presence in the UK outside of motorways and Saturday night pubs and clubs.

What are people supposed to do? Watch their family killed and their property get destroyed?

I called the police on a saturday night about a fight outside my home and they were there within 3 minutes.

Conversely when I chased off the lads jumping on the roof of my car I didn't bother, too late to catch anyone. I reported it just to keep the insurance happy - the result of which was a letter from the chief constable apologising that I'd been a victim of crime. Really annoyed me - if fewer folk complained the police wouldn't waste time sending such PR letters and could get on with their job.

HOLA446

There were no witnesses, and the only statements you've heard are from the accused and the accused's wife. Yet the HPC kangaroo court has reached its verdict: its Nulabour's fault and a 16-year old deserves to be in hospital with multiple stab wounds.

HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury
There were no witnesses, and the only statements you've heard are from the accused and the accused's wife. Yet the HPC kangaroo court has reached its verdict: its Nulabour's fault and a 16-year old deserves to be in hospital with multiple stab wounds.

To be fair, he was probably a fine upstanding member of the youth community.

HOLA448

Nobody should be allowed to form their own opinion on anything ever and should instead wait to be told what to think by the proper authorities.

HOLA449
Nobody should be allowed to form their own opinion on anything ever and should instead wait to be told what to think by the proper authorities.

First rule if something like this happens to you: say nothing to the police without a lawyer present. Zip, nada, except to confirm who you are.

Given the injuries, a possible charge of ABH at a minimum was always going to be on the cards. Going back in to the house to get a weapon is a big red flag which says "pre-meditated intent to cause serious injury or death" which gets you the attempted murder charge. Case law is pretty clear on this IIRC.

HOLA4410

I quite agree. Whats more, decent law abiding people who live in £500k mock-tudor houses should be free to stab whosoever they like in the chest half a dozen times without being hassled by any nuliebour schemes like "the rule of law"

BROWN GO NOW!

HOLA4411
First rule if something like this happens to you: say nothing to the police without a lawyer present. Zip, nada, except to confirm who you are.

Given the injuries, a possible charge of ABH at a minimum was always going to be on the cards. Going back in to the house to get a weapon is a big red flag which says "pre-meditated intent to cause serious injury or death" which gets you the attempted murder charge. Case law is pretty clear on this IIRC.

So was he supposed to have just let himself and loved ones get beaten, potentially to death? Or instead of a knife, maybe fetch a wooden spoon?

The guy had just woken up to a mini hell, was scared, was outnumbered, his lad on the floor and his wife hysterical, and he was obviously not a fighter hence a weapon.

What about the yobs starting it all, they didn't just accidentally kick off. They were the ones pursuing violence, injury or death.

I hope there will no follow ups from friends or family of the yobs.

HOLA4412

That isnt likely to apply in the circs. That only really applies where, for eg. You get into a fight, then manage to get away but return with a weapon.

In this case the chap set out to defend another (with a weapon) and the test of reasonable force in the circumstances will apply.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

That was what I was thinking. Two sides to every story and all.

The story may well be what we all think. However maybe not.

PS - I am usually the last person to stick up for chavs. I generally despise the *****.

HOLA4415
At least he didn't swear at the chav. He'd have had to go on an anger maangement course otherwise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ll-officer.html

It's a Daily Mail story, so those of you that read the Guardian won't believe it and can simply ignore this post.

and those that do read the Daily Mail can continue gnashing their teeth and swallowing it all unquestioningly.

not saying that particular story isn't true but I'd hesitate to call the Daily Mail a newspaper; it gives its readers what they want, a comic book that can make them angry every day without fail.

HOLA4416
Guest skullingtonjoe
Very true. Most chavs should simply be put down. However there are two sides to every story. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. Five stab wounds to the chest does seem rather excessive. Would probably have done the same myself though !! :ph34r:

The five stabs is going to be his `Achilles` Heel`, I fear. Hads the chav been stabbed once, it could have been argued that he fell onto the balde, it was an accident etc. But with five stabs it would probably be argued in court that he intended to kill.

Like I said, poor sod - only takes a few seconds to screw your life up. :(

HOLA4417
Guest skullingtonjoe

Didin`t say it was Nulabour`s fault; didn`t say he deserved the stab wounds.

What I did say is that the guy who stabbed him didn`t ask for this, nor deserve it. ;)

HOLA4418
Guest skullingtonjoe
and those that do read the Daily Mail can continue gnashing their teeth and swallowing it all unquestioningly.

not saying that particular story isn't true but I'd hesitate to call the Daily Mail a newspaper; it gives its readers what they want, a comic book that can make them angry every day without fail.

Just the thing to get you frothing over a bowl of cornflakes before you drive off to work, Ben-Hur style! :unsure:

HOLA4419
Guest anorthosite

Dammit, why can't the real courts be as fast and efficient as us?

HOLA4420

he he he

I never swallow anything unquestioningly. I sometimes spit unquestioningly though.

Edit: Speaking as my avatar of course.

HOLA4421
Guest skullingtonjoe
he he he

I never swallow anything unquestioningly. I sometimes spit unquestioningly though.

We`re drifting a bit off off-topic here. Might have to introduce my two pennorths` on keddling. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
This is in quite a few papers:

Man arrested after confronting chavs.

I fear the worst: this guy is going to be charged and prosecuted for attempted murder. The circumstances will not be taken into account, and the poor bugger`s going to be made an example and end up doing time. ;)

I hope I`m wrong though....

It's the inevitable result of the legal aid system. If professional criminals are the only ones to quality then eventually the law will be distorted to suit their needs...

If the innocent murdered had a right to legal aid we'd still have the death penalty..

HOLA4424
Guest skullingtonjoe
It's the inevitable result of the legal aid system. If professional criminals are the only ones to quality then eventually the law will be distorted to suit their needs...

If the innocent murdered had a right to legal aid we'd still have the death penalty..

Well, I`m just concerned that the prosecution would try to do him on a `premeditated` line - that he had planned to attempt to kill the chav. I am no neurologist / psychologist, but as far as I`m concerned this could - and should - be classed as a `moment of madness` and he should at least be given the wider berth of temporary diminished responsibility. The fact that he stabbed the chav five times does not help though.

Then there`s the wider political aspect to consider - given the hoo-haa about knife crime the guy is on a sticky wicket; of course the authorities will also not want to see people getting the idea that it`s ok to `take the law into their own hands` <_<

I`m hoping that this case is given wider publicity as it seems that if you lose the plot - no matter what the provocation - then you`re fu<ked! :( Guess it`s time for the government to start putting prozac / diazepam into the water supply! :unsure:

HOLA4425
The fact that he stabbed the chav five times does not help though.

Then there`s the wider political aspect to consider - given the hoo-haa about knife crime the guy is on a sticky wicket; of course the authorities will also not want to see people getting the idea that it`s ok to `take the law into their own hands` <_<

I`m hoping that this case is given wider publicity as it seems that if you lose the plot - no matter what the provocation - then you`re fu<ked! :( Guess it`s time for the government to start putting prozac / diazepam into the water supply! :unsure:

Maybe said chav ran into the 'knife' a few times. I'll do you, I know my rights...

Archived