Bashing The Scroungers

HOLA441
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
You are right single/divorced motherhood is no excuse to live a life on benefits...it is wrong, if you bring a child into the world two people are responsible for that child, that child is ALL of our futures...all I am saying is the government does not want to encourage independence, it encourages dependency...the easy option.

I don't see it in quite the same way.

You could have looked after your own child and someone else could have done the work that you were doing, which to me seems like a win-win. I'm pretty sure the benefits system wouldn't have allowed this solution to work properly though, but I ;ike to think it's a nice idea ;)

HOLA443

You could have looked after your own child and someone else could have done the work that you were doing, which to me seems like a win-win. I'm pretty sure the benefits system wouldn't have allowed this solution to work properly though, but I ;ike to think it's a nice idea ;)

What does the anonymous person doing the job instead get from this?

HOLA444
That's just making the problem someone else's.

The problem was brought here, we would just be returning it.

What is the logic behind letting in millions of foreign unskilled labour, when there are still people here on benefits? Who does this benefit?

Edited by Britney's Piers

HOLA445

Great, another blame the poor for the actions of the banksters and property speculators thread!! Try telling the guys who Total laid off that jobs "miraculously" occur when you "want " to work. In a way though, I'd like to see this happen. When a few of you accountants, bankers, doctors, managers etc have had your kids kidnapped, maybe only then you'll see how it all works. Maybe we could put a cap on housing benefit, but to stop all benefits, and effectively try to turn us into South Africa overnight, would really be a really stupid backward step. Having said that, we may already be nearly there...

HOLA446

The farmers who got cheap foreign labour when the locals didnt want the veg/fruit picking jobs for a start.

People here illegaly working should be moved along

edit spelling again

Edited by Markie6

HOLA447
Guest Parry
The farmers who got cheap foreign labout when the locals didnt want the veg/fruit picking jobs for a start.

People here illegaly working should be moved along

They are here. No work permit, out the door. Serious stuff too.

HOLA448
Great, another blame the poor for the actions of the banksters and property speculators thread!! Try telling the guys who Total laid off that jobs "miraculously" occur when you "want " to work. In a way though, I'd like to see this happen. When a few of you accountants, bankers, doctors, managers etc have had your kids kidnapped, maybe only then you'll see how it all works. Maybe we could put a cap on housing benefit, but to stop all benefits, and effectively try to turn us into South Africa overnight, would really be a really stupid backward step. Having said that, we may already be nearly there...

You only see the worst in everything. Just think how much money you could make from doing the kidnapping.

HOLA449

No my mother helped look after my child, if it was good enough for me it is good enough for them, I could quite easily say my sister or brother helped out with child care...at a certain age children like to be with other children, their minds are like a sponge they need to interact with other children through play even at a young age...me sitting at home fiddling around making myself useful and my child in front of the TV will not have done either of us any good.

Anyway it all worked out well in the end, not though lack of trying. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Parry
An awful lot of single mothers are on benefits because the men concerned walk. There needs to be a change in attitudes toward responsible parenthood. I would be a nobel prize winner if I knew how though.

Emasculation!

I'm a single parent. But does this make me a single mum?

HOLA4413
How did the fruit get out of the field before 2004? Did it get up and walk itself, like something from Fantasia? Did coffee serve itself, hotel beds make themselves?

I know it's meant ironically but twenty years ago farmers who wanted crops harvesting would usually get local housewives to do it as pin money for them, but they worked to their own timescales as it was more like a nice annual community activity (think hop picking in Kent). Or kids (including myself) would go out as groups of friends.

It seems an age ago now, when we genuinely did all think of ourselves as all part of a single society and we were happy to help out the local farmers :(

HOLA4414
An awful lot of single mothers are on benefits because the men concerned walk. There needs to be a change in attitudes toward responsible parenthood. I would be a nobel prize winner if I knew how though.

Would there be so many having kids if a free home wasn't provided ? I agree with you totaly..it's about responsible parenting

HOLA4415
You only see the worst in everything. Just think how much money you could make from doing the kidnapping.

If I had such an inclination, I would be making a fortune from IT-related fraud (no need for the violent stuff). For instance, how many people here use the same password for different forums, hotmail accounts? What you may not realise is that obtaining that password is not too difficult, even if basic encryption is carried out by the web manager. And some places don't even save the password in encrypted format. :huh:

HOLA4416
Emasculation!

I'm a single parent. But does this make me a single mum?

Yes, if you're a single parent then you do have to perform both roles, in as much as you are able. I wouldn't suggest you wear a dress though, it can cause a great deal of embarrasment and confusion in the offspring. Especially at the school play.

HOLA4417
Would there be so many having kids if a free home wasn't provided ? I agree with you totaly..it's about responsible parenting

True...and parents should try to bring up their kids to be responsible, if the grandparents were deemed to take on more responsibility for their children's childrens and a house was not part of the deal...maybe people would think twice. ;)

HOLA4418
Guest Parry
Yes, if you're a single parent then you do have to perform both roles, in as much as you are able. I wouldn't suggest you wear a dress though, it can cause a great deal of embarrasment and confusion in the offspring. Especially at the school play.

No, no, it's quite normal here. :blink:

HOLA4419

Well I can safely say I'm not going anywhere (in fact this relationship is a key reason for me willing to continue). So thats one less person not entering the stats.

@Parry - you mean the ladyboys?

Edited by HPC001

HOLA4420
Guest Parry
Well I can safely say I'm not going anywhere (in fact this relationship is a key reason for me willing to continue). So thats one less person not entering the stats.

@Parry - you mean the ladyboys?

Well . . . at different stages of transition . . . yes.

I've lost a terrific amount of weight recently, yet still retain my magnificent man-boobs.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425