House Price Crash Forum

Bashing The Scroungers

HOLA441
Well I can safely say I'm not going anywhere (in fact this relationship is a key reason for me willing to continue). So thats one less person not entering the stats.

@Parry - you mean the ladyboys?

Yes, Mr EG has been a wonderful husband and father, what baffles me is what is so different about men who love cherish, and care for their children and those who don't?

Parenting is a major undertaking, do you think it could be an unwillingness to accept any type of responsibilty? A walking away from anything they don't like the look of? There seem to be no penalties or loss of privleges for doing so.

These men are not seen as undesirable as fathers, many go on to sire children from different women for most of their lives.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest Parry
Your shoe size shouldn't be a problem....going to be hot this week, nice not to have to wear trousers.

Hot!

It's bl00dy freezing up here!

Down to 24 C at night time. I'm wrapped up in my duvet right now. Only 35 C daytime too, chilly as hell. Not to worry, should have a few days of relief when it goes over 40 again. :D

HOLA443
Hot!

It's bl00dy freezing up here!

Down to 24 C at night time. I'm wrapped up in my duvet right now. Only 35 C daytime too, chilly as hell. Not to worry, should have a few days of relief when it goes over 40 again. :D

Mr P you are a joker.

HOLA444
Guest Parry
Mr P you are a joker.

No seriously. Anything below 32C and I get cold now. I dread going to Portugal in a month or so's time. I could get hypothermia. :ph34r:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
There seem to be no penalties or loss of privleges for doing so. These men are not seen as undesirable as fathers, many go on to sire children from different women for most of their lives.

Thats one for the sorority to answer.

Don't ask us, we don't make the rules.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Parry
I hear you, baffles the bejezuz out of me what half these girls see in these guys. Total fail on the husband and father scale. Some of them don't even qualify on the male scale in my book!

There's lots of men taller than 8 inches, surely?

HOLA4410

car washing rounds, first thing in the morning before anyone up, charge a small monthly rate. Much more likely to go for that than having to go to a hand car wash. I'd pay £5 for someone to come around twice a month. Can't say farer than that.

This is the deal i was getting in Kuwait, they allow people from poor countries to come and do jobs we do ourselves. Pumping petrol, washing cars, carrying shopping. Pays not great but they don't tax them and it's better than they get at home. Of course John Bull scrounger can't afford to work for less than his dole money. Makes ya proud.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Parry
Mr P, I am sad to inform you there is a dire shortage of MEN.

Oh, I know love, there is around these parts too . . .

Yes, Sheriff Gaylord Justice is back!!!

HOLA4413
There's also those that either have some savings, or can go to relatives.

@crash2006:

Blame that on Thatcher's policies, and absurd planning regulations. As I've said elsewhere social housing is full, and there are another million people waiting for something long-term in B&B and hostels. The criteria for what housing does exist in that sector is narrow, and would almost certainly exclude most of the recent unemployed. On the other hand, pop out 2-3 sprogs and your chances of getting subsidized housing increase drastically...at the very least the charities will actually give a ****.

how exactly is there housing subsidized? Most social housing was built over 40 years ago (like the HA house i am moving to in two weeks time) i admit the rent is cheap, £265 a month but the only person paying is me via my pay check, now the house has no loan on it because over a 40 year period the house has been paid for Probably twice over, the rent i pay to the HA will go towards the 50 new builds they build a year so indirectly my rent will be paying for paid employment in the building industry to build new houses and employ the builders, those builders of whom some will be social tenants will be basically paying themselves as well as servicing any debts they have rung up or subsidizing the banks by paying back those loans + compound interest.

Am i making sense or talking shite, i admit i am on my 5th glass of Frascati :)

HOLA4414
Yes, Mr EG has been a wonderful husband and father, what baffles me is what is so different about men who love cherish, and care for their children and those who don't?

Parenting is a major undertaking, do you think it could be an unwillingness to accept any type of responsibilty? A walking away from anything they don't like the look of? There seem to be no penalties or loss of privleges for doing so.

These men are not seen as undesirable as fathers, many go on to sire children from different women for most of their lives.

Most of my peers do not want children, at least not for another 5-10 years, they also tend to go through multiple "relationships" if they can be called that. Unfortunately our highly sexualised culture means that even if there was contraception used 100% of the time, sooner or later it will fail = "unwanted" child. High rates of promiscuity and all that...

As for walking away, well that is easier when your children are born out of wedlock - the legal obligations do not exist, and the child is only presumed to be the mother's. However the current system of government interference with the CSA etc does not help remedy this problem.

I should add that the native birth rate is about 1.6 children per woman, hardly significant, but the situation in which the children are born in is obviously vastly different to the 2.4-child, 2-parent family of the 1980s.

how exactly is there housing subsidized? Most social housing was built over 40 years ago (like the HA house i am moving to in two weeks time) i admit the rent is cheap, £265 a month but the only person paying is me via my pay check, now the house has no loan on it because over a 40 year period the house has been paid for Probably twice over, the rent i pay to the HA will go towards the 50 new builds they build a year so indirectly my rent will be paying for paid employment in the building industry to build new houses and employ the builders, those builders of whom some will be social tenants will be basically paying themselves as well as servicing any debts they have rung up or subsidizing the banks by paying back those loans + compound interest.

Am i making sense or talking shite, i admit i am on my 5th glass of Frascati smile.gif

Anyone earning below £16,000 PA is eligible for housing benefit. Maybe subsidy is the wrong word.

Edited by HPC001

HOLA4415
Guest Parry
Most of my peers do not want children, at least not for another 5-10 years, they also tend to go through multiple "relationships" if they can be called that. Unfortunately our highly sexualised culture means that even if there was contraception used 100% of the time, sooner or later it will fail = "unwanted" child. High rates of promiscuity and all that...

As for walking away, well that is easier when your children are born out of wedlock - the legal obligations do not exist, and the child is only presumed to be the mother's. However the current system of government interference with the CSA etc does not help remedy this problem.

I should add that the native birth rate is about 1.6 children per woman, hardly significant, but the situation in which the children are born in is obviously vastly different to the 2.4-child, 2-parent family of the 1980s.

Anyone earning below £16,000 PA is eligible for housing benefit. Maybe subsidy is the wrong word.

How old are you HPC?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest redwine
Mr P, I am sad to inform you there is a dire shortage of MEN.

i remember seeing groups that were feminist and played good music like the "au pairs" songs like" it is obvious" or crass

"shaved women" the music industry today likes "lady ga ga's bum

What a shame to see so much talent snuffed out

HOLA4419
Guest Parry
I won't give you an exact age :P but you can fit me into the 18-25 bracket.

You're a smart lad.

Oh, that home-brew stuff. Attached. Lot's of cheap and interesting and beneficial things to do during downtime. Keep busy.

HOLA4420
You're a smart lad.

Oh, that home-brew stuff. Attached. Lot's of cheap and interesting and beneficial things to do during downtime. Keep busy.

I read a lot. Before the internet boom I used books, now its reports\PDFs. How many young folk read non-fiction these days?

As for the home brew stuff, thanks...for some reason the mods haven't upgraded me yet <_<

HOLA4421
Doing what?

I live in Aberdeen. In the city, in a nice area. Not the best, not the worst, but an area known for reasonable levels of affluence.

In Aberdeen since the recession has started, there has been an increase in unemployment of around 1200 people. In that time, I have had not a single flyer through my letterbox asking if I need my lawn mown, my gardening done, my cleaning or ironing done, etc etc etc.

I'd quite happily pay someone a tenner an hour, a couple of hours a week, to do this sort of work. And so would hundreds or even thousands of other households I'm sure. At our other house, out in the country, I pay someone to do the gardening and come in and clean once a week so my aging relative doesn't have to. But in Aberdeen, with rising unemployment? Not a single offer in two years.

If I was unemployed and desperate, you can bet your ar5e I'd be dropping flyers through every door for miles around, and be happy to work for the £10 an hour I could surely get, in cash, for doing this sort of thing.

The only people up here who are unemployed, are unemployable......

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
In Aberdeen since the recession has started, there has been an increase in unemployment of around 1200 people. In that time, I have had not a single flyer through my letterbox asking if I need my lawn mown, my gardening done, my cleaning or ironing done, etc etc etc.

The trouble is with the health and safety brigade, you need indemnity insurance to avoid some chancer claiming your house from under you. Anything involving children or the elderly you need a CRB.

We have ruled ourselves out of employment.

HOLA4425
This is a bit of an econophilosophical point, but ....

There are lots of people on here who are willing to give benefit scroungers a good verbal bashing. Possibly rightly so. But hardly anyone ever suggests anything which will actually cure the problem.

Kicking people off the dole or long term sick won't create any jobs. What are these people going to do for a living if you remove their benefits?

It is a very tricky problem.. which is why politicians hate to go any where near it.

Any actions to take away benefit result in lowering the quality of life of some of the poorest members of society.. however as we saw in a recent thread, the cost of this support now exceeds the amount collected through income tax.

The human interest side will never allow you to remove support from the poor, and the bean counters will constantly remind us that we can't afford to go on taxing the working to sustain an ever increasing number of people who cannot (or simply do not) work.

The only inbetween solution is to remove benefits slowly so that it is not seen to be the result of direct government action.. the best way to do this would be not to increase benefits in line with inflation and keep them at the same level for as long as possible. This WOULD decrease the standard of living for those on the dole, but would be slow enough to allow people to adapt, and slowly discourage anyone who sees it as an easy option.

Other steps that might be palatable:

For those out of work who have lost their motivation, an OPTION for army run boot camps.. join the army for a year and learn routine, real team work and perhaps even travel a bit. For people for who this would simply not be suitable, community service.. not as a punishment but simply to involve people in the community around them.. helping run after school clubs, helping out with child minding, voluntary community support officers.. etc etc. Just because "jobs" aren't available, doesn't mean there are not things you can do that would offer a service to those around you.

Anything to get people out of the mind set that being on the dole means that you sit at home and watch TV all day.

Just my 2 cents.