House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown Is Calm, Poised, Experienced And Decisive…

Methinkshe

HOLA441
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
Not in any detail, it was almost 30 years ago. I remember ink pads and little cards with a space for each finger. We took the fingerprints of the person sitting next to us.

Okay...that's scary...and a bit wierd.

Also I think one has to take this all in context. 30 years ago the government wasn't publically wanting a linked database of everyone's DNA and other information.

HOLA444
HOLA445
No, I remember we did fingerprinting in about primary 1 or 2. The whole class did it. It wasn't sinister, just a fun little exercise for kids to larn by playing.

I'm sorry if this doesn't fit with your brainwashing of the youth theory, but it happened back then as well.

Was the fingerprinting in a fake passport with little sections to put each finger in and the same picture as on a real passport? No? Thought not! :lol:

HOLA446
No, I'm not.

We also did "What I did on my holiday" type essays, but we never thought there was anything suspicious about that either.

By the way, when I said we were asked to say what we did and when, it was a form with time slots and was fairly official looking once again, or I wouldn't have mentioned it. I am not comlaining about school practices but fairly blatent(agreed if you are looking for it) teaching of children to find this all normal.

HOLA447
Better ask him.

All I know is that 30 years ago when I had eight youngsters at school, I was never aware of any school exercise where "proper" fingerprints were taken. Had I even read about it in a newspaper or heard of it via passing tittle-tattle, I would have withdrawn my children from state schools even earlier than I did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8093796.stm

Here you go.

Parents home educate after getting fed up of state schools making their kids thick and indoctrinating them to favour the state over their parents.

What does the state do in order to ensure its tentacles make their way into the home?

Yep, it smears them as child abusers. Brilliant.

HOLA448
I've been to Mull several times.

Stayed in TOBOR_MORY before I had ever heard of Bala_mory.

Do you SeeBBSee the 'Robot' they are brainwashing your kids into?

BB - Baal(Bala)-zebub?

The rainbow colours of the town are used as an anti Biblical Piss-Take, think about.

Loads of other stuff goes on in that island (The 'RING' of confidence!) - some of 'witch' has been revealed to the public domain in the 'Icke' thread.

No - I don't read/watch cr@p by Dan Brown of any of the other 'Labyrinthian' Rhennes le chateau - type 'creators' - it's done to lead you ASStray!

The tribe of 'Dan' - research them! Part of the Biblical 'pict_ure'!

I heard that all conspiracy theories are invented by one shadowy sinister organisation. Would that stack up numerologically?

HOLA449
I heard that all conspiracy theories are invented by one shadowy sinister organisation. Would that stack up numerologically?

I'd check my Mayan calendar but a funny looking white haired monk has run off with it. I'II let you know when I get it back.

HOLA4410
I'd check my Mayan calendar but a funny looking white haired monk has run off with it. I'II let you know when I get it back.

wHITe haiRED monk ... OFF witH IT

HIT RED OFF HIT = Satan (Nights in white Satan)

Be careful, Aldi. You're playing with fire here.

HOLA4411
Dithering, bullying, boggie-eating, trouser-wetter with demonstrable poor judgement and a poor grasp of economics and finance. A compulsive liar who is incapable of apologising or even accepting when he makes mistakes?

Wow, do you get paid for making sweeping generalisation that are incorrect!

Unable to apolagise yes, bully maybe, but your talking alot of nonsense on the rest. Does a ditherer put his plums on line and jump in with billions of cash for bank recapitalisations when the rest of worlds leaders are looking around thinking "Oops, we're screwed now". I don't think so.

Sorry to ruin your simplistic view of the world but you need to think again. Poor grasp on economics, with the exception of US and China the UK has according this years IMF figures come out this best placed in the context of GDP to Debt ratio. Mark that one for Brown, oh and mark the record for continuos quaters of uninterrupted growth as another one for Brown. Pinching the finanical center of the world title from New York, thats another one for Brown. Now deduct 1 for selling gold (as all the main central banks did at the time) at a crappy time and leaves him 2 ahead of every concervative chancellor ever (except Ken Clarke, he's only 1 point ahead of Ken).

The next you hear Cameron says "record levels of debt", ask your self is he talking about nominal amounts or does this take in account inflation when compared to 10 or 20 years ago. The answer is No! Cameron should re-read his university notes on keynesian economics and the need counter cyclical spending. He won't re-read them however as he's too busy having his hair done and thinking up snide remark or cheap comments that gulible people will fall for.

ps Regards the main topic of the thread, its quite cheaky for any party to be commented on in any history book while still in power. I'm disappointed to hear this is the case, seems very un british.

HOLA4412

Unable to apolagise yes, bully maybe, but your talking alot of nonsense on the rest. Does a ditherer put his plums on line and jump in with billions of cash for bank recapitalisations when the rest of worlds leaders are looking around thinking "Oops, we're screwed now". I don't think so.

Sorry to ruin your simplistic view of the world but you need to think again. Poor grasp on economics, with the exception of US and China the UK has according this years IMF figures come out this best placed in the context of GDP to Debt ratio. Mark that one for Brown, oh and mark the record for continuos quaters of uninterrupted growth as another one for Brown. Pinching the finanical center of the world title from New York, thats another one for Brown. Now deduct 1 for selling gold (as all the main central banks did at the time) at a crappy time and leaves him 2 ahead of every concervative chancellor ever (except Ken Clarke, he's only 1 point ahead of Ken).

The next you hear Cameron says "record levels of debt", ask your self is he talking about nominal amounts or does this take in account inflation when compared to 10 or 20 years ago. The answer is No! Cameron should re-read his university notes on keynesian economics and the need counter cyclical spending. He won't re-read them however as he's too busy having his hair done and thinking up snide remark or cheap comments that gulible people will fall for.

ps Regards the main topic of the thread, its quite cheaky for any party to be commented on in any history book while still in power. I'm disappointed to hear this is the case, seems very un british.

Well done, mate. I don't agree with most of what you said, but I admire your pluck in saying it. You're gonna get ripped to shreds here on HPC ! Only time will tell if you're right or not.

HOLA4413

Oh, so much to rip into, so little time.

Paragraph written in haste then deleted, as it revealed more about my credentials and background than I wish to.

Suffice to say, no, no one pays me to say such things. But I know more about the World, finance and economics than Broon, and my academic qualifications make his look, well, laughable. If I have a simplistic world view.... well....

Care to reveal where you're coming from, and who pays you to write such crap?

HOLA4414

Paragraph written in haste then deleted, as it revealed more about my credentials and background than I wish to.

Suffice to say, no, no one pays me to say such things. But I know more about the World, finance and economics than Broon, and my academic qualifications make his look, well, laughable. If I have a simplistic world view.... well....

Well said Melchie.

And can I please give a warm HPC welcome to Gordon Brown's mum.

HOLA4415

Oh dear, it seems your idea of ripping into an argument is to just call it "crap" as opposed to making a logical and coherent counter argument. May i recommend then stick with the reading the Daily Mail and keep that well qualified intellect of yours away from complex issues such as the economy that don't have simple black and white solutions or easy hate figures to blame it all on. For anyone else reading this thread who is capable of a more balanced view of the world let me recap some facts:

1) The recapitalisation of the banks stoped a systemic cascade reaction that would have plunged us in a 1930s style recession. Gordon Brown initiated the bail outs and other goverments followed suit. Up untill that point procrastination about good bank/bad bank solutions where stopping any leader commiting tax payer billions to the rescue. Once Brown went first the rest followed within days. This is not the sign of an incompetent man or a ditherer.

2) Brown has reigned over the longest pierod of sustained economic growth in the UK in modern history. It the past 10 years we have raised our game so that we have rsien up the GDP league table and not down it like most ex colonial powers.

3) London has replaced New York as the financial center of the world over the past decade, bringing many billions extra in tax receits.

4) This years IMF forecasts (not last years one that many people keep refering to) quote that "the UK goverment debt/GDP ratio will rise from 51.9% in 2008 to 72.7% in 2010. The equivalent data for Germany sees a rise from 67.2% to 86.6%. In fact by 2010 Japan, Italy, Germany, the Eurozone, France and Canada are all forecasted to have higher debt/GDP ratios than the UK".

Many people would say that the plan to grow our way out of recession (as opposed to cutting our way out) of it is working.

5) The Broon sold the gold at bad time. Yes thats bad, many central banks made similiar mistakes at the same time but that doesn't negate it being a mistake. Fair enough.

I'm not even a commited labour voter next time and i can still see Browns good side aswell as bad side. Its sad to see gulible people completely believe what the press prints and make there judgement based on personality not facts. Very sad. Many people on this forum put up good reasons for dumping Labour but the previous 2 posts represent some of the worst reasons, thats just simple minded hate figure addicition!

HOLA4416
Guest anorthosite
1) The recapitalisation of the banks stoped a systemic cascade reaction that would have plunged us in a 1930s style recession. Gordon Brown initiated the bail outs and other goverments followed suit. Up untill that point procrastination about good bank/bad bank solutions where stopping any leader commiting tax payer billions to the rescue. Once Brown went first the rest followed within days. This is not the sign of an incompetent man or a ditherer.

And who was at the helm of the economy for all the years beforehand? That argument is like congratulating a dog for making a half-arsed job of cleaning up after itself when it craps on your bed.

2) Brown has reigned over the longest period of uncontrolled borrowing in the UK in modern history.

Fixed for you ;)

HOLA4417
And who was at the helm of the economy for all the years beforehand? That argument is like congratulating a dog for making a half-arsed job of cleaning up after itself when it craps on your bed.

I like the dog cleaning up after itself metaphor, its good, makes a far better point that just calling it crap! But come on give credit where it is due, a dog that can clean up after itself is still a pretty smart dog.

Also i went to all trouble of typing in those IMF figures to illustrate that in the context of GDP/dept ratio the debt being created really ain't so bad. Its all relative, you can not expect to have constant ecomonic growth with no bust period for ever. As this recession goes lets be glad we dodged the 1930s depression bullet thanks to the quick and inspired actions of a slightly autestic Scotsman.

HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite
I like the dog cleaning up after itself metaphor, its good, makes a far better point that just calling it crap! But come on give credit where it is due, a dog that can clean up after itself is still a pretty smart dog.

But don't get a dog to be Chancellor, or Prime Minister. And quite frankly, I'd rather just have one that's toilet trained.

HOLA4419
Guest anorthosite
Its all relative, you can not expect to have constant ecomonic growth with no bust period for ever.

Then I guess you'd have to be an idiot to suggest you'd eliminate boom & bust.

HOLA4420
Oh dear, it seems your idea of ripping into an argument is to just call it "crap" as opposed to making a logical and coherent counter argument. May i recommend then stick with the reading the Daily Mail and keep that well qualified intellect of yours away from complex issues such as the economy that don't have simple black and white solutions or easy hate figures to blame it all on. For anyone else reading this thread who is capable of a more balanced view of the world let me recap some facts:

2) Brown has reigned over the longest pierod of sustained economic growth in the UK in modern history. It the past 10 years we have raised our game so that we have rsien up the GDP league table and not down it like most ex colonial powers.

3) London has replaced New York as the financial center of the world over the past decade, bringing many billions extra in tax receits.

4) This years IMF forecasts (not last years one that many people keep refering to) quote that "the UK goverment debt/GDP ratio will rise from 51.9% in 2008 to 72.7% in 2010. The equivalent data for Germany sees a rise from 67.2% to 86.6%. In fact by 2010 Japan, Italy, Germany, the Eurozone, France and Canada are all forecasted to have higher debt/GDP ratios than the UK".

Many people would say that the plan to grow our way out of recession (as opposed to cutting our way out) of it is working.

5) The Broon sold the gold at bad time. Yes thats bad, many central banks made similiar mistakes at the same time but that doesn't negate it being a mistake. Fair enough.

I'm not even a commited labour voter next time and i can still see Browns good side aswell as bad side. Its sad to see gulible people completely believe what the press prints and make there judgement based on personality not facts. Very sad. Many people on this forum put up good reasons for dumping Labour but the previous 2 posts represent some of the worst reasons, thats just simple minded hate figure addicition!

• He has delayed the day of reckoning by loading us with yet more debt.

• He has reigned over the biggest borrowing binge in history. Strip out MEW from our economic growth figures and see what you are left with

• No it has not. London became the biggest broker of credit in the world. If you look at equities & fund management NY leaves us for dust

• Yeah, but add the government guaranteed PFI figures to the UK debt total and see where that leaves us......

All Brown did was some creative accounting to hide how much debt we were getting in to. He also managed to destroy our world leading pension system.

HOLA4421

If you take the AS Government & Politics exam, I think, OCR are going to have to invent a special new triple-starred A grade for you.

HOLA4422
  • He has delayed the day of reckoning by loading us with yet more debt.

• He has reigned over the biggest borrowing binge in history. Strip out MEW from our economic growth figures and see what you are left with

• No it has not. London became the biggest broker of credit in the world. If you look at equities & fund management NY leaves us for dust

• Yeah, but add the government guaranteed PFI figures to the UK debt total and see where that leaves us......

All Brown did was some creative accounting to hide how much debt we were getting in to. He also managed to destroy our world leading pension system.

Dam good points Pond321, i accept point 4 and MEW point not points 1 and 3. A point worth re-iterating is that this is all relative. Look around at the rest of the G8 and you'll equivalent mechanisms to "off the book PFI financing". And again MEW figures, how much worse would income distribution have been under anti meritocratic Tory policies such reducing inheritance tax.

ps. Yes Brown was an idiot for saying no more Boom and Bust. You can't change human nature. Altthough he was actually refering to interest rate driven boom and bust in that famous statement, but nonetheless still quite nieve to say that.

ps ps. Come on chaps, lets all have a group hug and vote Vince Cable for president!

Archived