House Price Crash Forum

I Sank The Bismarck

Guest Ian Chesterton

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
Is that a torpedo in your hand, or are you just pleased to see me?

Neither. Its a giant rock dildo. Honestly, more people comment on this avatar than they ever did the Hoff!

HOLA444
Neither. Its a giant rock dildo. Honestly, more people comment on this avatar than they ever did the Hoff!

The Hoff fancied himself as a bit of a Rock **** too ;)

I am beginning to see connections in your avatars.

HOLA445
Guest anorthosite
The Hoff fancied himself as a bit of a Rock **** too ;)

I am beginning to see connections in your avatars.

Don't forget I had Nazi Anthea as well!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Back on topic ;)

Not strictly true - he disabled it's rudder (a brave and very dangerous act so not wishing to take anything away from him)

The Bismarck was rendered a constructive wreck by shellfire from the Rodney and King George V and finally dispatched by torpedoes from the Dorestshire.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Not strictly true - he disabled it's rudder (a brave and very dangerous act so not wishing to take anything away from him)

The Bismarck was rendered a constructive wreck by shellfire from the Rodney and King George V and finally dispatched by torpedoes from the Dorestshire.

My thoughts exactly. He didnt sink the Bismark, he just damaged it a bit.

Stupid article really, to say HE sank the Bismark takes away from the team of thousands (including him) who fought and/or died while working as a team to achieve that.

HOLA4411
My thoughts exactly. He didnt sink the Bismark, he just damaged it a bit.

But if he hadn't crippled the rudder, the rest of the fleet wouldn't have been able to get into a position to sink it before it reached France.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
But if he hadn't crippled the rudder, the rest of the fleet wouldn't have been able to get into a position to sink it before it reached France.

Yes but if Norfolk and Suffolk hadnt followed Bismark and reported her position (and caused her to fire on them damaging her radar own radar) then Prince of Wales wouldnt have been able to put a 14" shell into her fuel tanks, causing her to list, slow down, and run short of fuel and be attacked by a flight of swordfish who put one torpedo into her side causing her to list even more, run even shorter of fuel and therefore make for france, then she never would have been lost by the cruisers and then found again by a catalina flying boat so that he could make his attack and cripple her rudder so that she could be caught in time by King George V and Rodney and sunk before she could be rescued.

HOLA4414

Its always sobering when hearing of the Bismark to remember HMS Hood. Out of 1,421 on board only 3 survived. Puts Afghanistan in perspective. Would the current Great Britain, if sent back to 1939, win the war? How would all the disparate "communities", with allegiances to other countries respond? How would a generation of brainwashed, "tolerant" supine sheep cope? It'd be over in weeks.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Its always sobering when hearing of the Bismark to remember HMS Hood. Out of 1,421 on board only 3 survived. Puts Afghanistan in perspective. Would the current Great Britain, if sent back to 1939, win the war? How would all the disparate "communities", with allegiances to other countries respond? How would a generation of brainwashed, "tolerant" supine sheep cope? It'd be over in weeks.

People with allegiances quite properly to other countries because they lived in them(!) were quite happy to fight for us across half the planet. I'm pretty confident we'd be fine. The 1920s/1930s were, in certain quarters, just as decadent and wreckless as anything we've been up to lately and the politics of the time were just as divisive.

If anything it is a strong counter-argument to the BNPesque line you are trying to spin here although perhaps any further discussion is best restricted to those extant threads.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
People with allegiances quite properly to other countries because they lived in them(!) were quite happy to fight for us across half the planet. I'm pretty confident we'd be fine. The 1920s/1930s were, in certain quarters, just as decadent and wreckless as anything we've been up to lately and the politics of the time were just as divisive.

If anything it is a strong counter-argument to the BNPesque line you are trying to spin here although perhaps any further discussion is best restricted to those extant threads.

"If anything it is a strong counter-argument to the BNPesque line you are trying to spin here although perhaps any further discussion is best restricted to those extant threads."

oooh, get her!!! :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...lla-tattoo.html

There is a 5th column in our country, scum whose benefits are paid for out of my taxes, who are killing my countrymen.

But it was a shock to hear that the guys we were fighting against supported the same football clubs as us, and maybe even grew up on the same streets as us.

A civil war is being fought in a foreign country. The logical step is to open a front in the UK.... take the gloves off, use the SAS in Birmingham, Machester, Olham, Bury, etc etc etc etc etc... perhaps we could call it the "National Front"....?

Archived