House Price Crash Forum

Whats Going To Bring It All To A Head

HOLA441
GOD HE IS SUCH A CHALLENGE - I CAN'T IMAGINE WHO WOULD CALL HIM TO BED CAN YOU?

I have to love him because I don't believe that hate ever solved anything, but every time I read a post by McTavish I am reminded of something Jack Kornfield said about his time in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge. Fifty thousand people had become communists at gunpoint, threatened with death if they continued their Buddhist practices. In spite of the danger, a temple was established at a refugee camp, and twenty thousand people attended the opening . There were no lectures or prayers but simply continuous chanting :

Hatred never ceases by hatred

But by love alone is healed

This is an ancient and eternal law.

Kornfield says that thousands of people chanted and wept, knowing the truth in these words was even greater than their suffering.

McTavish of course would have them all whipped and then shot, but I suppose it means he needs MORE love than the rest of us

:wub:

I hear women like a challenge.........like reverse parking. Seriously, how do you go from UK dole spongers getting off their arses to do something, to the Khmer Rouge?

HOLA442
That would cause mass celebration amongst anyone who actually works for a living..... And probably guarantee the re-election of whichever party introduced it.

As someone who works for a living, I would say that it is only the terminally stupid who would applaud the idea.

Once it caught on, gov't would implement unemployment as a policy and have everyone on slave labour.

Like privately run prisons. It is countiries with private prisaons which have the highest incarceration rates. Funny that.

HOLA443
HOLA444
I'm sure there are lots out there like me who think this situation is beginning to develop into a once in lifetime moment, I have never seen politics held in such contempt by the ordinary punters add on bankers et al, and everyone else thats making lots of cash.

The corrosive drip of expenses titbits on top of the exposure of the bankers jamboree will lead to an explosion of the masses at some point what do you think will bring this to a head.

Personally I think it will be a high level government corruption big bucks story, or the financial markets imploding.

I just can't see this Horror show staggering on for another year until theres an election.

I think the reset button will get pushed much sooner, what will be the cause.

The very fact that there is an election coming is why the masses will not explode yet.

That joy awaits the next government when it becomes clear that they have no real solutions to the economic crisis either.

Also within a few months Parliament will be in recess and the press will find it much harder to pin down our crooked MPs.

Once they return the final election campaign will more or less begin, even though the precise date is not known.

A collapse of the UK gilt market might trigger an early election but to be honest such a crisis might actually make the leaders of the opposition parties less keen to get Brown out too early since they would just inherit the immediate crisis. I suspect that they would prefer to let the initial storm pass.

Edited by up2nogood

HOLA445

For those of us who were of working age and aware of what was happening in politics in 1996/97, this is all just a yawn-worthy repeat of what happened to the tories the last time there was revolutionary zeal in the air. The media launched a corrosive "sleaze" campaign against them in the run up to the 1997 labour landslide. People genuinely thought they were voting for change. The pathetic thing is, that people think that by voting for the mainstream opposition that things will actually change. Remember "things can only get better" in 1997. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
I hear women like a challenge.........like reverse parking. Seriously, how do you go from UK dole spongers getting off their arses to do something, to the Khmer Rouge?

Probably the same way that you go from Hitler the politician putting the country back on its feet to millions of Jews being exterminated.

The same way you go from Bosnians and Serbs being friends working and living together to bloody warfare.

Someone believes that the problem is someone else and usually the problem ultimately lands on the most disfranchised and those we perceive to be the BIGGEST threat.

How will you in future define "a dole scrounger" from an architect / surveyors / accountant that lost his job and can't even get a job in Burger King?

Prejudice / judgements / finger pointing NOTHING is every that black and white and our judgements etc are always more of a reflection on who we are as people rather than about SOMEONE else.

Freud spoke about the "narcissims of minor differences"

It is always possible to bind together a considerable number of people in love, so long as there are other people left over to receive the manifestations of their aggressiveness. .... I gave this phenomenon the name of "the narcissism of minor differences", a name which does not do much to explain it. We can now see that it is a convenient and relatively harmless satisfaction of the inclination to aggression

Given what was going on at the time Freud wrote this with the Jews one has to Q just how much of a "relatively harmless satifaction " it was / is.

What is currently going on around us is going to bring about some huge changes in the way we view life, it will make us consider what has value , what truly benefits , there is going to be a lot of suffering . People who thought they were "set up for life" have found they have been "set up for life" as they find they owe tens of thousands , have lost their jobs and are going to lose their homes along with their families perhaps and their hopes and dreams. The millions who have found themselves on the dole due to someone elses overspening / overlending on a hugely inflated property market are paying a high price so that a "few could bind themselves together in their love for inflated property prices". The few benefiting at the expense of the many, yet how strange it is that most would prefer to turn on "social scroungers" than those that brought the country to its knees losing us trillions and for what? You could say bankers "got off their arses and DID SOMETHING" but can one honestly say that what they did was better than those that "sat on their arses" and did nothing?

Edited by Sybil13

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
It would be nice to think that things were shaping up for the "once in a lifetime" moment but there is no coherent political left to sieze the day should it come. The majority of the disaffected poor are apolitical and apathetic. Ranged against those who are politically aware and ready to disrupt are all the highly developed surveillance systems we've been paying for, a police force who've had a dry run in the miners strike, an army with years on the streets of Northern Ireland and the legion of private security bouncers from Sercos to the muppets at your local supermarkets front door. So, whilst there is always a chance to sieze the moment, no one should imagine that the cororate state will give up anything without some real sacrifice by a resiliant, organised, very committed and politically savvy vanguard. Some comments on this site (strangely) give me hope!

Spot on. All that's likely to rise is fascism.