• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Poster has changed his stance to Bear and "crash is on" now. How odd.

renterbob

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

HPC Senior Veteran

Group: Members

Member No.: 14,255

Bull or Bear? Bear

--------------------

The crash is on!

above, his sidebar has been changed back to bear from bull and RB quote gone. Avatar has reverted to old one from flying bills avatar.

Edited by The Last Bear

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Busted?

Probably. Unless he'd hit the sauce or was just doing a wind-up for some obscure reason. Looks fishy that the real Realistbear is not around to answer, so someone may have taken that as an opportunity to misquote him? Of course, others could say R/bear is gone as "crash is over" but I'm sure I'd have heard about it had he posted that recently. So looks like an opportunist wind-up or hack.

HOLA4410
Ginger-haired sons got loose on the PC. (City of London Riots)

Can't link because HPC mod deleted the entire threads, and another thread which referred to it.

I have to 'fess I have no idea what that ginger-haired sons quote refers to. Some cultural reference or thread with an in-joke?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Ginger-haired sons got loose on the PC. (City of London Riots)

Can't link because HPC mod deleted the entire threads, and another thread which referred to it.

Now that does ring a bell.

Anyway nothing wrong with us gingers. Chicks dig it. Well we think they do anyway, and that is all that counts.

2459040042_3590fbe0bc.jpg

HOLA4413
The pound has lost ~30% so far.

If we go the way of the Krona, as Keiser says, then we only have a little bit more to fall.

40-50% is not 'Virtually all of it's value'. It is less than half of it's value.

This guy clearly knows his stuff and I am sure he will get many things spot on. However on this subject he has not bothered to check the details.

Also, referring to it as a "thing of beauty" suggests he has more invested in this than a pure intellectual position :lol:

If sterling really does lose almost all its value, think about the global systemic implications. It would mean our economy is fracked to the point where we wouldn't be able to service debt, even if we still wanted to. How much do we owe the rest of the world again?

Would anyone find that outcome to be a thing of beauty? Everybody can decide for themselves, if Keiser turns out to be right. I wonder if he's long shotguns and sacks of beans?

HOLA4414
I have to 'fess I have no idea what that ginger-haired sons quote refers to. Some cultural reference or thread with an in-joke?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=110006

The thread has now been cleaned up, but was completely offline for a day or so whilst cleanup was being carried out. Gingerwinger had started trolling about hippies and tree-huggers, p!ssed everyone off, and then claimed that he'd left his computer on - password enabled, and his kids had gotten in and started posting abuse. Mods intervened, and we now have a clean thread. Ethel and cashinmattress were there and many others. Gingerwinger's kids seemed to have a thang about ginger hair. The thread was probably worth a short mini-chapterette in the 'one-of-these-days-it-may-be-written' book - "HPC - The Early Years"

:blink::blink::blink:

HOLA4415
http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=110006

The thread has now been cleaned up, but was completely offline for a day or so whilst cleanup was being carried out. Gingerwinger had started trolling about hippies and tree-huggers, p!ssed everyone off, and then claimed that he'd left his computer on - password enabled, and his kids had gotten in and started posting abuse. Mods intervened, and we now have a clean thread. Ethel and cashinmattress were there and many others. Gingerwinger's kids seemed to have a thang about ginger hair. The thread was probably worth a short mini-chapterette in the 'one-of-these-days-it-may-be-written' book - "HPC - The Early Years"

:blink::blink::blink:

Yes... now I remember something about that thread, but I got distracted and read something else or, and I am ashamed of myself, had to leave the site and get some shopping in or something banal like that! Anyway J5T, thanks for explaining, I'm with you now!

HOLA4416
Also, referring to it as a "thing of beauty" suggests he has more invested in this than a pure intellectual position :lol:

If sterling really does lose almost all its value, think about the global systemic implications. It would mean our economy is fracked to the point where we wouldn't be able to service debt, even if we still wanted to. How much do we owe the rest of the world again?

Would anyone find that outcome to be a thing of beauty? Everybody can decide for themselves, if Keiser turns out to be right. I wonder if he's long shotguns and sacks of beans?

I think he might be.

Max now has a BBC show called the "The Oracle".

His personal youtube channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxKeiserChannel

HOLA4417

I found this interview (BBC I think) with Keiser responding to the G-20. He basically says:

G-20 has thrown gasoline onto the fire.

More bank failures to come.

Brown is a compulsive gambler.

UK needs to raise rates now and stop bail outs.

HOLA4418
I think he might be.

Max now has a BBC show called the "The Oracle".

His personal youtube channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxKeiserChannel

Maths IS a thing of beauty.

http://anutshellreview.blogspot.com/2006/1...or-and-his.html

'A Beautiful Mind' is not the only film that looks upon mathematics in this way - great film.

Maybe a bit nerdist, but to see an equation or a mathematical prediction coming true is, in some way, beautiful ... even if it does mean financial armegeddon in the process. Drat - I'm getting all emotional ...

HOLA4419
I found this interview (BBC I think) with Keiser responding to the G-20. He basically says:

Can't argue with those nor probably the others.

FWIW Obama erred, hinted or slipped something in about more European bank failures to come - I posted a thread just after he said it.

HOLA4420
I didn't sign onto HPC to see the end of the world unfold. Like a lot of other HPC'ers, I just wanted house prices to come down to a less stupid level - not this kind of outcome. These kinds of "The End is Nigh" predictions are scary, and I pray that they all turn out to be so much hot air. Mind you, they probably said similar prayers in the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe too.

:o:o:o

to be fair youve only just joined. houses have been coming down in price for ages.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

G-20 has thrown gasoline onto the fire.

More bank failures to come.

I actually agree with that, but bear in mind that higher rates will lead to more defaults and contraction, and that a strict no-bailout rule + failing banks + protected retail deposits is a circle that can't be squared. In other words I don't think many people appreciate exactly how much pain it would involve (I'm up for it though ;))

HOLA4424
I actually agree with that, but bear in mind that higher rates will lead to more defaults and contraction, and that a strict no-bailout rule + failing banks + protected retail deposits is a circle that can't be squared. In other words I don't think many people appreciate exactly how much pain it would involve (I'm up for it though ;))

No pain, no gain.

Bring it on. ;)

HOLA4425

hyperinflation and house prices.

what i cant see is how house prices will initially rise at the serious prospect of hyperinflation....any banks,for they are the highly paid geniuses, will stop lending immediately, for they will recover naught as defaults destroy them.

without lending house prices will fall.

LATER, they will rise as but continue to fall nominally.