House Price Crash Forum

Auction property information

paul65

HOLA441

just like to thank paul for his recording of previous auctions +woohoo2 for this one. look forward to the results. if i wasnt living in london at the mo i would gladly help you out at some point.

ps i have a friend selling lot 54 (one bed in bansko) so look forward to seeing if it meets its £25k reserve

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
just like to thank paul for his recording of previous auctions +woohoo2 for this one. look forward to the results. if i wasnt living in london at the mo i would gladly help you out at some point.

ps i have a friend selling lot 54 (one bed in bansko) so look forward to seeing if it meets its £25k reserve

No problem getdoon. Any process that helps the buying community by providing a bit of property sales price transparency for free has to be a good thing. That's the way of the internet these days - make the data free and easy to access - and that's the objective behind http://nipropertyauctions.googlepages.com/. For too long we have been let down here in NI by a Land Registry system which does not make property sales prices (aka Considerations) available at no cost to the enquirer. That in my opinion muddys the water and stacks the deck against the buyer. It is outrageous that you are charged £3 for each folio search of the Land Registry of NI database when all that data is freely available online for England and Wales via any number of websites. Ok rant over!

As a side issue your friend that is selling Lot 54 in Bankso. He wouldn't happen to be a snowboarder who lives in the Luton or St Albans area? If so that would be uncanny and we might both have a mutual friend!

Edited by paul65

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I see there are some repeat offenders from the last auction back. I will try and make the next one. Maybe we could have a HPC night out? :D

Sounds like a plan, Stan .... errr sorry Vespasian. Am up for a HPC night out at the next Portadown event - Sadly my attendance at further future Portadown auctions may be curtailed as I am moving up to the north coast shortly for work purposes, so I may be recruiting other eyes and ears to help collate the data for the website. I'll still try hard to get to the Mallusk auctions though so I can cover that base myself.

You are definitely right though. There are more than a few repeat offenders in the list for this Wed.

BTW hope Mrs V gets well soon.

Edited by paul65

HOLA448
HOLA449
Well Joe you shouldn't have to wait too long before you find out. Woohoo2 has kindly agreed to go along in my place (thanks Woohoo) and record opening bids, sales prices and outcomes from the evening. I'll post the data online at http://nipropertyauctions.googlepages.com/ just as soon as I get the completed data back.

When you see the prices for mainland UK property it really does make you question why you would really consider buying here when prices are currently at the level they're at - even though they are now dropping. Just going to the last 4 auctions has been a real eye opener for me and I highly recommend popping along to an auction at some stage if you can.

joe

word of caution -those scottish ones - all i can say is think trainspotting. you'll be renting to junkies with dss paying rent. i came across them at auction in scotland couple years ago and did reserch - used to change hands for £5k cash a while back. there in port glasgow not glasgow.

however i do think belfast prices should be inline with glasgow prices where for instance a city centre 2 bed proper penthouse apartment is £200k not £400k+

paul

no its a friend in fermanagh selling the bansko apartment. look forward to seeing how it and the other norn iron property goes!! the lower the better! (lot 54 the exception ;) )

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
paul

no its a friend in fermanagh selling the bansko apartment. look forward to seeing how it and the other norn iron property goes!! the lower the better! (lot 54 the exception ;) )

Ah that is ok then. That would have been just too freaky to have found out that we are both friends with the same person. Stranger things can happen though!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Good spot pod. It's lot No 78 in the Countrywide Property Auctions in the New Connaught Rooms, London, starting at 12 noon today (22/04/08). http://www.countrywidepropertyauctions.co....mp;dbtype=sales

You'll eventually be able to see the results of the auction for Lot 78 when they are posted here under the London section.

Countrywide Property Auction Results Page

I think Wilsons Auctions here could learn a thing or two here about

* Presentation of lots on their webpage

and

* posting auctions results up on their webpage.

It would certainly make my task of collating the auction info a whole lot easier!

Edited by paul65

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
If I was to auction my house off, if it didn't make a high enough price could I say No Sale or are you committed once you start?

You can put a reserve on it so it won't sell if the reserve isn't reached.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Good spot pod. It's lot No 78 in the Countrywide Property Auctions in the New Connaught Rooms, London, starting at 12 noon today (22/04/08). http://www.countrywidepropertyauctions.co....mp;dbtype=sales

You'll eventually be able to see the results of the auction for Lot 78 when they are posted here under the London section.

Countrywide Property Auction Results Page

I think Wilsons Auctions here could learn a thing or two here about

* Presentation of lots on their webpage

and

* posting auctions results up on their webpage.

It would certainly make my task of collating the auction info a whole lot easier!

Just a quick update - Lot 78 sold before auction. Wonder what it went for?

http://www.countrywidepropertyauctions.co....mp;dbtype=sales

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Boy they are pretty swift about populating their website with the results. I'm impressed! Wilson's take note.

I wonder how they can post that it sold for 125k when as they say themselves it sold before auction? That to me suggests that the property was not in the auction. Even now I'm none the wiser. Bizarre.

Still a 3 bed 2 reception fully detached chalet bungalow with garage going for 125k, within the stamp duty threshold and 15k below 2005 rateable value is some purchase - There is hope for us all yet!

Edited by paul65

HOLA4424
HOLA4425