Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Lot 32 ( Guide Price: 60 )

Vendor: Barnard Marcus

Address: 120 Minerva Way, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £51,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA446
HOLA447

Lot 43 ( Guide Price: 310 Plus )

Address: 39 Winn Road, Grove Park, London, SE12

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Detached House Two Floor 6 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £320,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA448
HOLA449
The best lot of them all (lot 44, 3 bedder with an attic in Chiswick) just sold for £576k against a guide of £515k. That is more than these were going for in 2005 when I looked in the area.

Looking at upmystreet the last time any sold in this street was early 2008 and one sold at £735k and the other £700k

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Lot 55 ( Guide Price: 65 )

Address: 5 Pakenham Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold End of Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £84,000 on 28/03/2002

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £69,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £15,000 ( 17.9% ) since purchase on 28/03/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4414

Lot 58 ( Guide Price: 160 Plus )

Address: 4 Kepplecove Meadow, Worsley, Manchester, Lancashire, M28

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Detached House Two Floor 7 Room(s) Garden Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £214,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4415
Love the summary at the bottom -

Total peak value: £3,757,286

Total loss from peak: -£2,529,286

Total loss from peak %: -67.32%

Question is, how do they calculate the peak values?

its just previous price paid divided halifax index as of price paid date

then multiplied by peek price

Quite simple method, but gives a rough idea of the peak price

I dont think the totals are correct at the bottom of the page, but the peak price and loss from peak should be correct in the main table

HOLA4416
Looking at upmystreet the last time any sold in this street was early 2008 and one sold at £735k and the other £700k

Jeez you are right - just looked myself. I knew prices in Chiswick had gone crazy but wow. In 2005 number 32, 3 doors away from the one auctioned today, sold for £510k, and presumably wasnt a repo so if you take off the customary 15% for auction it would have been £425k or so. These places were going for something like £250k in 2002/03 when I lived in the area.

Edit to add - actually this road was in the £400k area back in 2002/03 - I was looking at similar houses in Strand on the Green, which is much cheaper (and has much worse public transport)

Edited by bagsos

HOLA4417

:lol:

Jeez you are right - just looked myself. I knew prices in Chiswick had gone crazy but wow. In 2005 number 32, 3 doors away from the one auctioned today, sold for £510k, and presumably wasnt a repo so if you take off the customary 15% for auction it would have been £425k or so. These places were going for something like £250k in 2002/03 when I lived in the area.

Bizzarely they were going for up to £900k in 2007, seems like this road hads it own little crash about Christmas 2007!! :lol:

HOLA4418
Lot 58 ( Guide Price: 160 Plus )

Address: 4 Kepplecove Meadow, Worsley, Manchester, Lancashire, M28

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Detached House Two Floor 7 Room(s) Garden Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £214,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

1997-12-05 4 Kepplecove Meadow, Worsley, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M28 1YN

Detached, Leasehold, New Build add details... £113,950

From ourproperty.co.uk

HOLA4419
Got this off NetHousePrices:

Meridian Court Thames Road,

Grays,

Thurrock,

RM17 6JT £155,995

Flat

Leasehold

New Build 07-Jul-2006

Map

Sold £66,000

57% loss.

I've been following this development. I went to see these flats as they were being built. Snooty cow wouldn't even let me see a show flat as I was a first time buyer! :angry:

This sale has set a new bench mark for the whole block.

Poetic justice, me thinks.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
I think you will find they sold off some land separately so not quite what it seems. :(

Fair enough.

Another one, though Lot 74 - in Blyth (don't know area at all), but looks ok as a farily newish town house

Sold for £140k against its last sold value in Oct 07 at £247k. Similar reduction in sale price from 2007 prices as the Scraptoft house?

HOLA4423

Edit to add - actually this road was in the £400k area back in 2002/03 - I was looking at similar houses in Strand on the Green, which is much cheaper (and has much worse public transport)

Chiswick went crazy in 2006/2007, joined in the prime central London spree. As I posted on another thread recently, it became serious luvvie land - branch of Soho House took over the old Fouberts Hotel on the High Rd.

HOLA4424

Lot 78 ( Guide Price: 225 )

Address: 16 Windsor Crescent, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Town House Three Floor Arranged As 5 Bed Sit Garden Garage/s Assured Shorthold Tenancy © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £250,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4425

Lot 79 - Little flat in Lomond Close, Tottenham

Sold at £90k on a guide price of £80k (still has a tenant by the looks).

Looks like the flats peaked in Jan 08 at £170k here. The flats last sale price in Oct 2001 was £72k, and looking at the other sales down this road since 01, the flat sold todays auction for 2003 money.